Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard System Maintenance Killing My Garden

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
I am getting frustrated with KingIsle's extensive downtimes. I tend to my garden in the morning and the evening. When KingIsle brings the system off-line for six hours, it means my garden has been untended for 18 hours. My plants require more care then I have energy to give. Of course I could purchase more energy with crowns, which i have done, but it doesnt seem right that this is my only recourse.

KingIsle, please stop the clock in our gardens when you take the system off line, or give us a free energy refill, something to make up for killing off our plants.

Many thanks

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
That's funny, (no offense) but I've never had that problem. I make sure that I'm out of the game way before they go down, and I don't have a huge garden (that might be the difference) anymore as I got tired of using all the energy up. Once the plants I have reach elder, I get rid of their plots. My new plan of action is to have a couple dandelions and whatever my highest rank plant is. That way I won't be using up so much energy and going through so many crowns. :)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
The banishment from our castles/lands today will really cause big gardening problem. I don't have a clue what the original gardening exploit was. But I know what exploit this will cause. The massive purchase of crowns to buy energy to revive all of our dead gardens. Not to mention the plants nearing elder that we wanted to move to plant specialized gardens or change scenery, etc. Now we have to wait for days to get to the stage they were in before they were viciously killed off.
Sign me,
A Very Black Thumb due to unmitigated circumstances
deedeelemon wrote:
I am getting frustrated with KingIsle's extensive downtimes. I tend to my garden in the morning and the evening. When KingIsle brings the system off-line for six hours, it means my garden has been untended for 18 hours. My plants require more care then I have energy to give. Of course I could purchase more energy with crowns, which i have done, but it doesnt seem right that this is my only recourse.

KingIsle, please stop the clock in our gardens when you take the system off line, or give us a free energy refill, something to make up for killing off our plants.

Many thanks

Time is still passing for your plants. During this maintenance your plants will only degrade one 'level' of health.

If your plant was healthy the last time you logged in, it will either still be healthy (possibly matured!) or it will have needs and pests when you log in tomorrow.

If your plant had needs and pests the last time you logged in, it will either still have those needs and pests, or it will be wilted.

If your plant was wilted the last time you logged in, it will either still be wilted or it will be dead.

If your plant was dead the last time you logged in, well, it's still dead. Sorry.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Personally, I'm not worried about it. I have a prickly bear cactus, a malstrom snapdragon, a laughadil, a silver trumpet vine, two pink dandelions, and one other plant I can't remember. That's it. On a bad day, I go through maybe 30 energy, then have enough to share with my pets. Some folks have gone all out with their gardens, but not me. And as soon as my vine is elder and gone, its space will be gone and I won't replace it. My ultimate plan is to have a only small handful of plants at a time. I don't think this downtime is really designed to make us go buy more crowns, and even if it is, I can't buy any more crowns until next payday, anyway. I only get so much on a paycheck. I do wish, however, that we had more energy to use. I have 70, and wish I had 100. But sometimes in life you just gotta take what you can get. I also wish I knew what "exploit" they were fixing.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
We shouldn't be punished for extended downtimes (over a few hours)...

Maybe a global free crown-plant to make up for the plant that died or withered during the downtime? Most of the hardcore players (where most of KI's income comes from), garden to the max and cannot afford to lose 6+ hours of Garden-less time.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
IvoryJade wrote:
Personally, I'm not worried about it. I have a prickly bear cactus, a malstrom snapdragon, a laughadil, a silver trumpet vine, two pink dandelions, and one other plant I can't remember. That's it. On a bad day, I go through maybe 30 energy, then have enough to share with my pets. Some folks have gone all out with their gardens, but not me. And as soon as my vine is elder and gone, its space will be gone and I won't replace it. My ultimate plan is to have a only small handful of plants at a time. I don't think this downtime is really designed to make us go buy more crowns, and even if it is, I can't buy any more crowns until next payday, anyway. I only get so much on a paycheck. I do wish, however, that we had more energy to use. I have 70, and wish I had 100. But sometimes in life you just gotta take what you can get. I also wish I knew what "exploit" they were fixing.

I guess it's a bannable offense of some kind like maybe stacking plants someone could get more mega snacks and reagents. Yeah this is the supposed "exploit" which i don't believe anyone should be banned for. I mean there are some people who really like to garden so they have extremely large gardens. It's not the players fault it's KI's . They should have expressed this in the rules or something when the gardening system first came out. It's the like the person who's truly taking advantage of the system is KI. They just want the money, they are forcing you to pay for everything these days. But me myself I hate gardening cause it's flawed. There's not enough energy for me to train my pets and at the same time take care of plants. And some of the plants take too long to mature.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
During this "down time" my garden was VERY healthy. "I guarantee your garden will NOT be dead" It may be wilted. Sorry for those of you that had wilted plants.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Runeraem wrote:

I guess it's a bannable offense of some kind like maybe stacking plants someone could get more mega snacks and reagents. Yeah this is the supposed "exploit" which i don't believe anyone should be banned for. I mean there are some people who really like to garden so they have extremely large gardens. It's not the players fault it's KI's . They should have expressed this in the rules or something when the gardening system first came out. It's the like the person who's truly taking advantage of the system is KI. They just want the money, they are forcing you to pay for everything these days.

So, cheating is not the responsibility of the cheater and KI should give everything away for free? I saw a similar post on the Wizard 101 Central page. It was sad to see that the actual cheaters were feeling sorry for themselves for getting caught, and that they believe they were performing a service to KI by finding and exploiting the gardening glitch.

It is not KI's fault that some wizards saw a weakness and chose to exploit it. Why did those wizards not simply report the glitch? Because they KNEW they could benefit from it. These wizards deliberately exploited garden stacking, in the knowledge that they were performing actions and reaping benefits that KI would not approve.

That's cheating, and cheaters should never prosper 8)

Iridian

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
IvoryJade wrote:
That's funny, (no offense) but I've never had that problem. I make sure that I'm out of the game way before they go down, and I don't have a huge garden (that might be the difference) anymore as I got tired of using all the energy up. Once the plants I have reach elder, I get rid of their plots. My new plan of action is to have a couple dandelions and whatever my highest rank plant is. That way I won't be using up so much energy and going through so many crowns. :)

it will be worth the while if you just go to anywhere in kroktopia and farm the street enimes. they will give you a crowns plant called pink dandylion that gives you a nice reward