Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Overly Zealous Quest Givers

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I almost cringe each time you add a new character that is to be used to announce a new quest (Balestrom with the pre- and current Celestia quest lines, Moolinda Woo with gardening quests, Milo Barker with the pet quest line, Ambrose with who knows what desire to see his precious students, etc.) For some reason the routines you have for this particular kind of process seem to go overboard. I am constantly being "re-requested" even after the quest has been completed. I understand that using "well tested" routines over and over is part of good programming practices, but ...

it would be greately appreciated if you would fix this part of your programming to ask once and then leave users alone.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is an idea and probably belongs in the Dorms forum.

The idea is fine for those who are veterans of the game on multiple characters. It won't work well for new players who may get the summons, dismiss it and finish what they were doing, and then not remember what the summons wanted. They'll be lost unless they're periodically re-summoned.