Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

efreet should be easier to get

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
i kep trying to kill sothemekhet, but i get my but kicked in like a few shots sothemekhet should have a lot les health and i dont know how others hav beaten sothemekhet! its soooooooo hard, anyone whos experienced at having an efreet and being lvl 58 or up plz plz plz plz plz pppplllllzzzzzzz hhhhheeeeelllllpppp

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
its soooooooo easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know how ppl cant beat it in one shot. just buy a life henchman

Historian
May 01, 2010
Hey this is a combo that worked for my friend, (and me too)
1-fire henchmen-dishes damage
1-ice henchmen-takes the attacks
and the fire minion heal attack weaken
also kill the minion before you focus on sothemekhet

hoped i helped

Scot Soulhammer-Legendary Pyromancer

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
its soooooooo easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know how ppl cant beat it in one shot. just buy a life henchman

hoped i helped

Henchmen? I didn't think of that... Well, let me just take my crowns and- Oh...

Sorry if that sounds rude, but people who don't have crowns, like myself, and obviously bloodstone, will definitely find Sothmekhet harder than those who can afford to spend real money to glide through the game with little to no effort.

Here's a no-crown strategy that made fighting Sothmekhet easy for me.

First, before you even TRY to take him on, get at least one potion. You'll need it.

Also, get good gear. Now that you're a level 58, the best gear is available to you. I'd suggest the (names may be wrong) Headdress of Dragon's Fire, Volatile Vestment, and Dragonstalkers. Not only will you look awesome, but you'll have ample protection againt Ice and Storm, the elements you'll be facing in Soth's chamber, as well as an ample increase in Fire-power.

Note: At your level, there's no reason why you shouldn't have the gold to buy this gear.

Also, you're probably going to have to make some MAJOR changes to your deck. Buy a Pyromancer's Deck, and stack the Sideboard with these specific cards: several Gargantuans, one Reshuffle, one or two Ice Shields, and a couple of Mutate Thunderbirds. Stack your regular pile with two Wyldfires (to make it easier to find. If you find the other one while battling, you can discard it), several Amplifies, several Helephants, one or two Phoenixes, and two Fire Minions (again, to make the card easier to find). If you have any slots left, put some blades, traps, or heals in them.

Now that you're all geared up, head to Sothmekhet's Chamber. As soon as you enter, mark your location. You should use the deck you probably already have for the first battle.

Now, when the battle starts, kill the minion as soon as possible, flee, heal with the potion, then teleport back to the chamber. Sothmekhet will be alone. Start the battle. If you happen to be first, it just makes the fight that much easier.

Blades and/or traps are not preferred, since those are what triggers Sothmekhet's cheat of taking two turns to cast a hex and another card.

Start off by casting Wyldfire as soon as possible, then an Amplify. That will raise your power by 43.75%, and that's if you have no power boost to Fire. If you have the suggested gear, which will set your base power at 146, then you're power will be raised by 64.15%, coming to a grand total of 210%, untouched by blades OR traps.

Here's a fun fact: With the suggested gear, plus Wyldfire and Amplify, plus a unblocked critical, a Treasure Gargantuan, a Fireblade, and a Fire Trap, you would hit 735% of a regular hit. For a Helephant at full power, that's 7019 damage. That would bring Sothmekhet to his knees. :D

But I digress. This strategy will take chunks out of Soth's life each time it's cast, and with a Fire Minion casting boosted Links and Fire Elves every few turns, Soth will melt under pressure in no time flat.

If you're under pressure from Soth, even with this strategy, here's your backup: When you get a Phoenix, try to draw a Mutate Thunderbird. Not only will Thunderbird do good Storm damage, but it will put THREE Hexes on Soth without triggerinng his cheat. Be quick about using them, though, because you're Fire Minion will eat those Hexes right up if you're not fast!

This strategy did wonders for me in beating Soth, and it shows that Crowns aren't everything in combat.

Here's one more fun fact before I go: Once you do get Efreet, using the stuff I told you about in the first fun fact, Efreet will do enough damage to kill Malistaire in one shot!

Survivor
May 15, 2009
bloodstone460 wrote:
i kep trying to kill sothemekhet, but i get my but kicked in like a few shots sothemekhet should have a lot les health and i dont know how others hav beaten sothemekhet! its soooooooo hard, anyone whos experienced at having an efreet and being lvl 58 or up plz plz plz plz plz pppplllllzzzzzzz hhhhheeeeelllllpppp

I don't know why are people having so much difficulty with this quest. It
s a simple strategy really.

First buy a whole bunch of cheap ice shields from the bazaar. Second when the match begins put on an ice shield cause the boss will hit you; if you are going second summon a minion. Third, kill the minion as quickly as possible using heckhound or helephant and after the round you kill the minion shield again. And for the next few round it's basically shield and blade shield and blade the minion will do some damage but it will shield also. I personally used dragons and heckhound a lot since dot's with a bunch of blades work :D

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
This is all I needed to defeat that hard boss without crowns or whatnot.

Get yourself some good Heckhounds, Dragons, Helephants, Blades, No traps, Minions, And a good ol Resistance to storm and ice equipment with critical rating and block.

Kill the Storm Minion Quick, trust me he's annoying. Summon a fire elemental(very helpful) shield up then blade while your at it save power pips too. Hit a heck hound! Its about 2000 per pip for me or more if its critical. Then keep on attacking and attacking.

Best tip of all.... don't think of it as hard as it would be. XD

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Bloodstone460,

Heckhound at full pips, critical gear, amplify, blade. Repeat. Win!

You really should craft the level 55 robe and hat before you go in.

Good luck to you :)

Scarlet Ravensong, Legendary Pyromanceress

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Go to the Bazaar and buy as many of the 90% Snow Shields as you can find. Ice is all that all Sothmekhet casts.

If you have a power-pip wand that isn't Fire, use it. If not, buy a power-pip wand for Balance. This is to knock off his Tower Shield, the only shield he has.

Your strategy is to cast snow shields on yourself, put up Wyldfire, get rid of the minion, then go after Sothmekhet . As long as you keep a Show Shield on yourself, he can't hurt you too badly.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
lets put it this way ALL level 58 bosses are hard but your kind of lucky i'm a necromancer and death boss has the most health cheats and when i beat him i didnt get one henchmen

Hunter Deathcaster legendary necromancer
Wolf Drakethief level 19 initiate diviner
Matthew Windcaster level 10 ice ( cant spell name ) :-)

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:

hoped i helped

Henchmen? I didn't think of that... Well, let me just take my crowns and- Oh...

Sorry if that sounds rude, but people who don't have crowns, like myself, and obviously bloodstone, will definitely find Sothmekhet harder than those who can afford to spend real money to glide through the game with little to no effort.

Here's a no-crown strategy that made fighting Sothmekhet easy for me.

First, before you even TRY to take him on, get at least one potion. You'll need it.

Also, get good gear. Now that you're a level 58, the best gear is available to you. I'd suggest the (names may be wrong) Headdress of Dragon's Fire, Volatile Vestment, and Dragonstalkers. Not only will you look awesome, but you'll have ample protection againt Ice and Storm, the elements you'll be facing in Soth's chamber, as well as an ample increase in Fire-power.

Note: At your level, there's no reason why you shouldn't have the gold to buy this gear.

Also, you're probably going to have to make some MAJOR changes to your deck. Buy a Pyromancer's Deck, and stack the Sideboard with these specific cards: several Gargantuans, one Reshuffle, one or two Ice Shields, and a couple of Mutate Thunderbirds. Stack your regular pile with two Wyldfires (to make it easier to find. If you find the other one while battling, you can discard it), several Amplifies, several Helephants, one or two Phoenixes, and two Fire Minions (again, to make the card easier to find). If you have any slots left, put some blades, traps, or heals in them.

Now that you're all geared up, head to Sothmekhet's Chamber. As soon as you enter, mark your location. You should use the deck you probably already have for the first battle.

Now, when the battle starts, kill the minion as soon as possible, flee, heal with the potion, then teleport back to the chamber. Sothmekhet will be alone. Start the battle. If you happen to be first, it just makes the fight that much easier.

Blades and/or traps are not preferred, since those are what triggers Sothmekhet's cheat of taking two turns to cast a hex and another card.

Start off by casting Wyldfire as soon as possible, then an Amplify. That will raise your power by 43.75%, and that's if you have no power boost to Fire. If you have the suggested gear, which will set your base power at 146, then you're power will be raised by 64.15%, coming to a grand total of 210%, untouched by blades OR traps.

Here's a fun fact: With the suggested gear, plus Wyldfire and Amplify, plus a unblocked critical, a Treasure Gargantuan, a Fireblade, and a Fire Trap, you would hit 735% of a regular hit. For a Helephant at full power, that's 7019 damage. That would bring Sothmekhet to his knees. :D

But I digress. This strategy will take chunks out of Soth's life each time it's cast, and with a Fire Minion casting boosted Links and Fire Elves every few turns, Soth will melt under pressure in no time flat.

If you're under pressure from Soth, even with this strategy, here's your backup: When you get a Phoenix, try to draw a Mutate Thunderbird. Not only will Thunderbird do good Storm damage, but it will put THREE Hexes on Soth without triggerinng his cheat. Be quick about using them, though, because you're Fire Minion will eat those Hexes right up if you're not fast!

This strategy did wonders for me in beating Soth, and it shows that Crowns aren't everything in combat.

Here's one more fun fact before I go: Once you do get Efreet, using the stuff I told you about in the first fun fact, Efreet will do enough damage to kill Malistaire in one shot!

You forgot to add in Sothmekhet's boost to fire xD :) :D

Survivor
May 29, 2009
I get that not many people can do this quest but it just takes 5$ to complete this quest. Dont worry, you dont even need that many crowns but its the lowest price. I simply used 2 fire henchmen and 1 life. The life heals everyone meanwhile the 2 fire do decent damage. If your henchmen allready arent, attack the bosses minion first because his storm attacks will destroy you. I actually completed this while taking no damage at all, so GOOD LUCK!

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I defeated him with only my Fire Elemental Minion . Seriously, but I got to hand it to you, he was hard and his health was massive. Definitely a challenge for me.

David DarkFlame Lv 60 Fire

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
most people that go in dont have crowns.i didnt use crowns to beat.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
:D KI should you guys lower it? And its hard because its a lvl 58 spell o.O And i will help you

~ Heather SoulStalker ~ profile: pet: Is a Brass golem lvl: 20 something ( weak spells )
outfit: a jokers outfit ( 5+ storm ) time to meet: 2:00 to nine and in the commens
school: balacne i am a good player

Delver
Jul 09, 2009

I agree its easy, but not everyone is willing to waste money for that one battle. Try using the fire elemental minion its rather helpful and kill the minion first then heal, blade, shield, trap, then hit. Good luck on that and your future endeavors on Wizard101.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
dounuts44 wrote:
:D KI should you guys lower it? And its hard because its a lvl 58 spell o.O And i will help you

~ Heather SoulStalker ~ profile: pet: Is a Brass golem lvl: 20 something ( weak spells )
outfit: a jokers outfit ( 5+ storm ) time to meet: 2:00 to nine and in the commens

Honestly you don't understand your a bit far away from your spell and when you try to get yours you'll see how hard it is. He criticals non-stop, shields, and has unbelieve able health if you think 2,000 is alot then you need to see the efreet battle. The reason people lose a lot is because he has so much health and is intimadating making you lose your focus. Remember not to be scared of him think about like this he is a bully, but is really scared of you. He knows he is psyically stronger than you, but not mentally. Just keep remembering he is scared of you and that you shouldn't be and you'll quickly beat him.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
dounuts44 wrote:

Also you cant help others in the level 58 quests.Porting wont work

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
I have heard that the guy you need to beat to get efreet is hard and kingsisle should let someone teleport to you. you could also try using critical gear but that might not even help. I will know more once I get the quest for efreet.

john firemancer level 55 grandmaster pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 8 apprentice pyromancer