Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

able to stitch wands

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2010
I like the new celestia wands they are nice but when it comes to it they arent cool looking. now the Dragonspyre wands are cool and took me forever to farm for them but they arent worth it any more can kingsisle plz make wands stitchable i think many wizards would apreciate it since am not the first to come up with this idea. :D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
1BLUE1 wrote:
I like the new celestia wands they are nice but when it comes to it they arent cool looking. now the Dragonspyre wands are cool and took me forever to farm for them but they arent worth it any more can kingsisle plz make wands stitchable i think many wizards would apreciate it since am not the first to come up with this idea. :D

Yes, Great Idea, has been said many many times, yet no Response ever from KI! What's the deal KI, dropping the ball once again, or will you actually do something good and incoperate this idea? Will you ever give us an answer or do we as always, get ignored?

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
I agree Wand Stitching is a great Idea. When KI first came out with Stitching I was so hoping they would let us get a chance to beable to use them on our wands.
But I dont think KI is dropping the ball at all. They are doing an excelent job with Wizards! Keep up the good work.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I don't understand...

There's no reason why wands should be stitchable...

Which would you rather have, a cool-looking wand that did 45 damage base, or a lame-looking wand that did 120 damage base?

Nobody cares about how the wand looks. As long as you get the bonus, does it really matter?

Stitching is a way for people with crowns to improve their clothes and make them better. Level 45 and above clothes that give lame bonuses are the very base of Stitching with Eloise.

But all wand of the same type have the exact same bonus. There is NO REASON why wands should be able to be stitched.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I think its a great idea, and i don't KI is droping the ball.
by the way, cool looking wand rule and they are the ones that should give the most damage!

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I don't understand...

Which would you rather have, a cool-looking wand that did 45 damage base, or a lame-looking wand that did 120 damage base?

Nobody cares about how the wand looks. As long as you get the bonus, does it really matter?

Stitching is a way for people with crowns to improve their clothes and make them better. Level 45 and above clothes that give lame bonuses are the very base of Stitching with Eloise.

But all wand of the same type have the exact same bonus. There is NO REASON why wands should be able to be stitched.

Your arguement is quite odd since it goes the other way too. "Who cares about how clothes look? As long as you get the bonus, does it really matter?" That is not my opinion but just trying to show that your arguement has absoutely no merit to it.

The point of stitching clothes is because you like the stats of certain clothes but you don't like the way they look. So you take the stats that you want and put them on the clothes you want them to be on.

The OP is asking for the same thing for wands and I fully agree.

I like the look of the staffs and wands in the 20-40 level range but I want the higher level stats of the "wands" in the 50-60 level range. The most powerful "wand" for balance looks like a spyglass used on ships in the 1800s. That, to me, just looks bad. I want my powerful wizard who will be wearing some really good looking clothes to be able to have a wand or staff or sword or whatever I choose to go with them.

In GH there is a blacksmith who does absolutely nothing. Give him the ability to "forge" wands for us.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
If no one cared what things looked like then stitching wouldn't be part of the game and all items would come in only one flavor of visual look just have different benefits. Some wands look cooler then others.

I agree that stitching wands (something visual that people see) would be great and another way to personalize your style. I think though the problem you can run into is what do you do when it comes to the visual attack? Higher level wands might allow you to jump in the middle and physically attack someone or they might cast a spell effect on someone. So what happens when you have a spell effect wand stitched onto a physical attack wand? Maybe that is the problem they are running into. Which attack do you get? New graphics would be needed.

But I do like the idea and would like to see it. Level 5 wand with Level 55 abilities? I'm sick that way.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I don't understand...

Do you even know what stitching is and does? I don't think you do, because you don't understand why people would want it.

Let me put it in a baby terms so maybe you can understand.

We have earned the stats of Legendary wands, meaning level 55 + Wands. They give 120 damage and 30 points to critical. However, they are very lame looking. Now, some of us, have bought wands at the crown shop, that are very costly, or have farmed for wands in DS that are very cool looking. Now, we want the cool looking with the best stats that we have earned.

Now, if you can not understand that, then there is no hope for you!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Stitched clothing keeps the name of the stat item. Wands should stitch the same way.
The animations may or may not be a problem. Wands should probably keep the animation that goes with the wand used as the image. If you take a staff and make it look like a sword it should have a sword's animation. If you take a sword and make it look like a wand, it should have a wand's animation.

Perhaps it is the animations that are getting in the way. I would think no one wants all wands. staves, and swords to have the same animation.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I love this idea and have wanted it for sometime. I think the best way to keep it simple so there is no confusion is to make it where you can only reforge items that are the same. For example only reforge wands with other wands, staffs with other staffs, and swords with other swords. This would help keep the graphics the same. If they could find another way of doing it then that would be cool but i would be ok with this. I just really really want reforging. Come on KI the people have spoken give us wand reforging! :D

P.S. why are there no celestian swords to win off bosses??? :(

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I don't understand...

Do you even know what stitching is and does? I don't think you do, because you don't understand why people would want it.

We have earned the stats of Legendary wands, meaning level 55 + Wands. They give 120 damage and 30 points to critical. However, they are very lame looking. Now, some of us, have bought wands at the crown shop, that are very costly, or have farmed for wands in DS that are very cool looking. Now, we want the cool looking with the best stats that we have earned.

I guess I didn't get the memo about speaking one's mind becoming a federal offense. I'll have to check my inbox later.

Oh, and I'm not an idiot, so I'd prefer if you didn't speak to me as if I were one.

We have earned the stats of Legendary wands, meaning level 55 + Wands. They give 120 damage and 30 points to critical.

Thanks for the info... Oh, wait. I already knew that.

However, they are very lame looking.

Pure opinion. I personally think all of them are neat, and if I had the funds, I'd buy them all, but I digress.

Now, some of us, have bought wands at the crown shop, that are very costly

Cost, meaning? I thought we were discussing the cool and lame-looking wands.

or have farmed for wands in DS that are very cool looking.

Okay, that's better. Fair point. Who doesn't love swords? But unless you elaborate just a tad, this point makes your previous point a little redundant.

Now, we want the cool looking with the best stats that we have earned.

To most, understandable.

Did you notice? You made a fair point, so I didn't try and refute

Now, here's my issue with wand-stitching. You ready for it?

I just don't get it.

Did you catch that? Let me make it just a bit clearer.

I just don't get it.

One more time, for the sake of emphasis.

I just don't get it.

I, as in myself, me, NOT YOU.

I don't want to be blunt, but I feel I have to. I'd sooner give two clods of imp dirt what you think about it. My post was my opinion of what I thought about the idea of wand stitching. I don't have any problem with reading and accepting what you have to say, but I do have a problem when you start stepping on MY opinions.

But I digressed again, didn't I? Alright, I'll stay on topic. To this day, I still don't understand what use wand stitching would have, and I probably never will.

Does that make me stupid? I don't think it does, but apparently, I don't matter; I'm just a child who deserves to be talked down to.

Side note: If this post makes it past the professors, I will be stunned, but it just felt good to get that out of me.

Ball's in your court, darthjt. Anything else you'd like to add?

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
I also agree with the animation conflict. perhaps the animation should go with the spell that you are putting the stat to. again none the less i think most of us can agree the level 55 + wands do look ... well cheesy. I would just love to put my stats for my "eel wrapped around an ore" on my insane looking Blade of Ashes. Again heres hoping

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I don't understand...

I guess I didn't get the memo about speaking one's mind becoming a federal offense. I'll have to check my inbox later.

Oh, and I'm not an idiot, so I'd prefer if you didn't speak to me as if I were one.

We have earned the stats of Legendary wands, meaning level 55 + Wands. They give 120 damage and 30 points to critical.

Thanks for the info... Oh, wait. I already knew that.

However, they are very lame looking.

Pure opinion. I personally think all of them are neat, and if I had the funds, I'd buy them all, but I digress.

Now, some of us, have bought wands at the crown shop, that are very costly

Cost, meaning? I thought we were discussing the cool and lame-looking wands.

or have farmed for wands in DS that are very cool looking.

Okay, that's better. Fair point. Who doesn't love swords? But unless you elaborate just a tad, this point makes your previous point a little redundant.

Now, we want the cool looking with the best stats that we have earned.

To most, understandable.

Did you notice? You made a fair point, so I didn't try and refute

Now, here's my issue with wand-stitching. You ready for it?

I just don't get it.

Did you catch that? Let me make it just a bit clearer.

I just don't get it.

One more time, for the sake of emphasis.

I just don't get it.

I, as in myself, me, NOT YOU.

I don't want to be blunt, but I feel I have to. I'd sooner give two clods of imp dirt what you think about it. My post was my opinion of what I thought about the idea of wand stitching. I don't have any problem with reading and accepting what you have to say, but I do have a problem when you start stepping on MY opinions.

But I digressed again, didn't I? Alright, I'll stay on topic. To this day, I still don't understand what use wand stitching would have, and I probably never will.

Does that make me stupid? I don't think it does, but apparently, I don't matter; I'm just a child who deserves to be talked down to.

Side note: If this post makes it past the professors, I will be stunned, but it just felt good to get that out of me.

Ball's in your court, darthjt. Anything else you'd like to add?

Okay, first off, you interrupt my sentences, wondering why I am stating something before I have even finished. Do you know what a sentence is?

Secondly, you state, you don't get it. What don't you get? You don't state, that you don't like the idea, you state, that you don't get the idea.

Do you understand the clothes stitching idea? Do you get, that not all wizards want to look the exact same way at the exact same level? Does that escape you?

I am well aware that YOU don't get it, why I was trying to help you out! Yes, I talk down, because I am trying to make sure that even YOU can understand the simple things.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Now I really hope this topic doesn't turn into a flaming war because then it gets locked, doesn't go any further and the subject of the OP could end up being ignored. However, I feel the need to respond to a recent post.

@ Superwiz1560

The OP of this topic had an idea about wanting to "stitch" wands. So he made his post, with his reasons for why he thought it was a good idea. I bunch of other people got on agreeing with him and stating their reasons why they thought it was a good idea too.

Then you got on and stated that you didn't understand why and because you didn't understand that meant there was no reason for wands to be stitched. So a couple of people tried to explain to you why wands should be stitched.

In response you get offended and angry because we were refuting your opinion. Here is the funny thing about it. Your opinion was that:

Superwiz1560 wrote:

Your sentence prior to that:

Superwiz1560 wrote:
I don't understand...

Saying you don't understand something isn't an opinion it is a statement and a fact. In an attempt to help you understand we tried to explain the concept to you. Let me try again so hopefully other people who don't understand why this is a good idea will be able to understand it.

Clothes are stitchable. Why? Stitching clothes doesn't combine stats or make the clothes stronger in any way. It simply makes them look different. If I have a hat that gives me +120 health, +8% pip chance, +10% damage and +10% resistance, that is a good hat. I like those stats. But I may not like the style of the hat. For example, I think the Jester hat is ugly. Now if a Jester hat had the above listed stats, I would wear it because it would really help me out, but I would think my avatar (character) in game would look kind of silly.

Enter stitching. I can buy a hat I do like, lets just say the celestial hat, and I can give it the stats of the jester hat. Now I have a hat that I think looks good on my avatar and that has some really good stats.

The same goes for wands. My current character is balance. The level 55 wand I can buy at the bazaar is a spyglass. I think my character would look stupid running around carrying a spyglass and waving it around at monsters in an attempt to kill them. I do however like the look of some of the lower level wands and staffs.

So I would like to take the +1 power pip and 120 damage spyglass(I think that is the correct damage it does) and make it look like a lower level wand. So I then would have a really powerful wand that I also thought looked good.

If you still don't understand, let me try to put it in real life terms.

You win a car in a contest. You need a car so you can drive to work or school or where ever. The car you won is a minivan. It's great for families who need to haul kids to sports and for going on vacations where you need a lot of space. The problem is it just doesn't look cool.

Wouldn't it be nice if instead of getting that minivan, you could go to a dealership and say, "Hey I just won this minivan but it really isn't the kind of car I want. I'll give you the minivan and a few thousand dollars if I can trade it for that nice sporty Camero over there."

So now you are still able to drive around, but instead of feeling kind of silly driving around in a minivan, you feel like the coolest (<insert more modern term here) guy around cause you have a brand new camero.

Now hopefully that clears that up for you and anyone else who doesn't understand the benefit of being able to "stitch" wands.

In the hopes that this doesn't turn into a flame war, I will not respond further to any arguementative posts made in this topic. Thank you to the professors if you allow this post to go through.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
I've wanted this idea for a long time :)

And since on Test Realm there are swords one can wield at low levels, I don't see why not.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
HEY "superwiz1540 if you dont get the idea okay but dont be posting bad about it :D if kingsisle wants to do it and you dont like it GUESS WHAT! you dont have to STITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!. as for the animation issue i think that you should get everything from the wand you want the stats from. the other wand the "appearance one" is just for show.

thx for people who agree and give feedback to kingsisle
1BLUE1

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
1BLUE1 wrote:
HEY "superwiz1540 if you dont get the idea okay but dont be posting bad about it :D if kingsisle wants to do it and you dont like it GUESS WHAT! you dont have to STITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!. as for the animation issue i think that you should get everything from the wand you want the stats from. the other wand the "appearance one" is just for show.

1BLUE1

OK i don't want to put this guy down but let's say you take a sword wand and stitch it with the spy glass would you really want to be doing a summersault (forgive my spelling) and hitting some one with a spyglass? i'm just saying and i'm not trying to pt you down or flam at you or anything

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
1BLUE1 wrote:

1BLUE1

But the animation, not just the apperance, is part of the "show" If you gave a sword a staff animation you would cut yourself to ribbons, while you spun your sword around.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
[HEY "superwiz1540 if you dont get the idea okay but dont be posting bad about it :D if kingsisle wants to do it and you dont like it GUESS WHAT! you dont have to STITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!. as for the animation issue i think that you should get everything from the wand you want the stats from. the other wand the "appearance one" is just for show.

1BLUE1
people say animation is part of show but how would kingsisle do going in the circle and kicking with a wand?
1BLUE1