Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Secondary Schools More Useful

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Most players including myself only go so far in a secondary school to gain access to spells to make ourselves more powerful. The disadvantage is the spells do not use power pips at all, thus we mainly use the 1 pip and the 0 pip spells from those school. Example of this is feint. I currently play a fire wizard and have went into life and death to get the healing and extra damage spells.

What I am suggesting will make our secondary schools more useful and allow the power pip to come into play or be used with it. Below are just some examples, Enjoy.

One example I have in mind is for a Storm Student. Let's say this storm student is studying balance. A new spell the storm student would get could be tornado or hurricane. (thinking of sand storm and tempest combined) Another Idea would be hail, you guessed it Ice and Storm combined. I have not come up with how much damage these spells would do or when or how you would obtain them. You could even combine Storm and Death, a stormy swamp filled with a skeleton or something or storm and life, an electrifying unicorn.

Please post below any ideas of mixing Schools you may have. Use the above examples to help and be creative. any ideas on restrictions and level requirements you may come up with would be nice to see.

Thanks for reading my post have a wonderful day!

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Does any one have any other ideas that they would like to see with the one mentioned above? do you like this idea or hate it?

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
danton1983 wrote:
Most players including myself only go so far in a secondary school to gain access to spells to make ourselves more powerful. The disadvantage is the spells do not use power pips at all, thus we mainly use the 1 pip and the 0 pip spells from those school. Example of this is feint. I currently play a fire wizard and have went into life and death to get the healing and extra damage spells.

What I am suggesting will make our secondary schools more useful and allow the power pip to come into play or be used with it. Below are just some examples, Enjoy.

One example I have in mind is for a Storm Student. Let's say this storm student is studying balance. A new spell the storm student would get could be tornado or hurricane. (thinking of sand storm and tempest combined) Another Idea would be hail, you guessed it Ice and Storm combined. I have not come up with how much damage these spells would do or when or how you would obtain them. You could even combine Storm and Death, a stormy swamp filled with a skeleton or something or storm and life, an electrifying unicorn.

Please post below any ideas of mixing Schools you may have. Use the above examples to help and be creative. any ideas on restrictions and level requirements you may come up with would be nice to see.

Thanks for reading my post have a wonderful day!

I believe this is a wonderful idea. One thing though and this is something i could see coming a mile away if they tried to do this. People and PVP really thats all that needs to be said. I will explain though.

I have seen so many people complain about PVP and how unfair this and that is. I could just see it now. It's not fair this person pulled out a mixed card. Really though its only the people who lose that complain. I myself stay away from it I would much rather do quests. Anyway My idea to fix that problem way before it rises is to make it where you can not use it in PVP. Aproblem solved before it would start haha.

Now as for ideas. I am balance and life wouldnt it be wonderful if Ra gave health. kinda like scare crow but it would be Balance Life. He could do the normal thing but with a greenish tint. Leave's could be blowing around he could the hit them and turn around and give you health. OH what if his clothing was diffrent to. Make it more like something a Life person would wear.

Another idea is for a Life Balance mix. The Centar What if he was a hit all attack. Instead of a tree surounding the bad guy and exploding. It was a mini pyramid. It built up around them and then crumbles down instead of exploding. Or the pyrimid built up and a sun went above it and heated it up until it exploded. I can see all this in my head if only i could open it up and let you see too. So many ideas.

Only one other thing though. How would we put this to use. Would the cards come premixed or would you have to mix them. If they made a card where you could mix them. That would mean lots of extra work. You have to think of all the possability's of mixes. Then you would have to make a senario for that mix. you could see how this would take lots of time and money.

Premixed cards may be a better idea. You would limit the number of mixed cards. There would still be lots of work put into it though, there would still be lots of posabilitys. Slightly less work but still along time in the making. I hope that maybe this might be the next upgrade that would be wonderful. KI I really hope you read these and at least consider it. I hope everyone has a great day.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I love the idea! Combining the main and secondary schools is genius! I think that with a little help from the community this idea can go far. We just need to list out damages and animations for the schools, its going to be a large project.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
i got one

life and death: black angle (a person with black wings)

ice and death: cold chill

fire and death: Black dragon

storm and death: Dark storm

myth and death: villian

balance and death: egyptian god of death

moon and death: wolf pollymorph

sun and death: eclipse

star and death: deadly aura

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
The one problem I have with this is Ice using Storm and Life, so you get hit by a Stormzilla with all sorts of boosts from a guy with 3000+ health, who then heals themselves with Satyr or Regenerate. Also, everyone would be overusing "Storm Lord's Amulet" and "Vial of Rebirth" if Secondaires were affected by Power Pips

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
I wouldnt like this to go live because this would just be a way for people to make a life wiz, train to storm and dish out damage with no real plans or skills.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
The one problem I have with this is Ice using Storm and Life, so you get hit by a Stormzilla with all sorts of boosts from a guy with 3000+ health, who then heals themselves with Satyr or Regenerate. Also, everyone would be overusing "Storm Lord's Amulet" and "Vial of Rebirth" if Secondaires were affected by Power Pips

Like I had said in a earlier post. It's funny though i would to say this before i repeat myself. Someone already complaining about pvp before it is even made or put in to action to start working on it. Like i had said make it to where these would not be able to be used in pvp. Problem solved before it even starts. Yes even the pips for the secondary school.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
The mixing of schools is a fresh idea. I like the "hybrid spell" concept.

I would like to see a spellmaker - modeled after the hybrid pet hatchery, that brought REAL dynamic spell making into the game. The mutate Treasure Cards has only whetted my appetite. Being able to create a totally new spell, say by hybridizing a Fire Elf and a Kraken where the accuracy, damage, pip cost, and unique features were averaged and randomly applied would open new vistas for the game. In this case, a storm spell doing Kraken damage over time cast by a lizard climbing up a tree and allowing power pips to be used.

THAT ought to give PvP something new to whine about .. jk ;)

I also agree Secondary School spells are under utilized and their lack of use is CAUSED by the way power pip management is employed.

I like the idea of casting a Secondary School Prism. You cast it on yourself and basically it says the next off-school spell I cast uses power pips. If it costs 1 pip to cast it, plus a combat round, it enables the use of secondary school spells without selling off the whole pip farm to cast it, but it is STILL not as efficient as using your primary school. Nor should it be.

I also like the idea of a 2 pip Secondary School Prism spell that works on the dias, like Doom and Gloom, Power Play, Wyldfire, Balestorm .... where ALL spells use power pips until the dias effect is replaced. No one can say that isn't fair, but they will .... ;)

Acquiring the Secondary School use of power pips should be difficult, at least as time consuming as one of Zeke's quests.

You should get the quest line early in the game, for example during your first trip to Grizzleheim, but not be strong enough to complete it until you return there, say level 20. I would favor a quest line that originates with the Big Game Hunter also ... HINT;)

Maybe Sir Reginald needs "trophy" heads in order to redeem or cash in his hard-earned taxidermist coupons ... ;) A voodoo witchdoctor from Death. An electric eel loose in a pond for Storm. A rabid cow wreaking havoc in Ravenwood for Life. A tantrum throwing dragon for Fire. A blind Minotaur running amok in a china shop for Myth. A jilted Frost Centaur seeking vengence for Ice. A demented Judgement seraph seeking justice over balance.

LOL.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Well we already have mutate cards, This idea is separate from that as it builds on the idea of going completely into ONE other school. You would only have one additional school that if you were to max out all the spells then you would achieve one or a few extra spells for doing so. Depending on what your primary school is you will get the secondary mixed spell just as if it were the last spell in the school. You might have to do some Quest the professor would give you or something just like all your school spells that require a quest. The spell wouldn't be any more powerful than the combined spells to make it fair, but it would give us more of an advantage and incentive for spending all our points into one additional school instead of spreading out among other schools for certain spells.

I love all the above ideas. Keep them coming.

I do like the idea of maybe even a few select spells would be useful as your main school as you progress through the secondary school and the game. I think this would work better than my original idea.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I think that mixing the Death skelatal pirate and the unicorn from life would be very cool. It could be a skeletal unicorn for lvl 25 and up for death school. I also think that it should at least do 800 to 900 damage. :D

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Um we already have mutates. So no need for the "fusion". The thing is that we should be able to mutate our secondary school spells to our school so that we can use them. But currently not all spells have a mutate.

We should get the mutate along with the spell automatically.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
What other spells would you see combined and what animations would you give them?