Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Really need advice from exp. players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Hi all. I work with an individual who can't read. He plays this game and loves it a lot. He is already level 48 and has been asking me a lot of questions about the game. I do not play the game so I can't answer very well for him. I am coming on here appealing to a high level player to answer a few questions for me.

1. The last card he got for his schools (Main: Storm, Offspec: Balance) he got back in the very first area of the game from his original class trainers. I believe you get your last spell there somewhere around level 26 or something. Since then he has gotten some cards from gear but nothing for his class...Where do I take him to get him geared up with the higher lvl 30+ Storm and Balance Cards.

2. Where can I go to get his gear updated. I play World of Warcraft avidly so I will speak in those terms. Is there an auction house? Does this game have Soulbound items like WoW does or can I buy the best stuff from an auction house? Also if anyone can give me an idea of what the stats on a lvl 48 Storm/Balance wizard should look like I could make sure I am on the right page!

3. What zone should he be questing in and when should he switch to the next area?

Please remember I DO NOT PLAY. This is his account I am signed in under so try to give me answers in such a way that I can understand it without much experience.

I know this is a lot to ask, but it would mean a lot to him. Thanks in advance!

Explorer
May 13, 2010
Ok so i will try to answer as non complicated as possible for your first question all in class spells are learned from the school teachers in ravenwood and they will call him and tell him to come see them for a new spell when he is ready. (only for main school though not for secondary) the balance teacher there can only teach some spells the rest must be gotten from the real balance teacher Alhazrad in krock he can be found by the sphinx, also he may get spells from the tree right next to the balance school by the sphinx. You may only travel to krockosphinx once you have completed certian quests the boat at the end of the island will take you there once quests are complete. If the boat does not say travel to krocosphinx then the required quests have not been done yet. All other spells are bought via training points and as long as the lvl and previous spell requirments are met.

Question 2 is much easier as there is a bazaar in olde town in wizard city just go through the shopping district then after entering olde town you will see two buildings just to your right down the incline . there is a woman standing outside one building the other building is the bazaar. there are also shops on every land where you can purchase things but the bazaar stuff is usually the best way to go.(unless you can buy the crown items from the shops in each world they give better stats and almost always give spell cards) As far as the stats they can very alot he will have a small amount of life compared to others that he might see and that is normal storm has the least amount of life but, the strongest spells .

As for zone any zone(world) is ok but, I highly recommend two things first follow your quests !!! do all the quests for wizard city first then move on to the ones that will take you else where. Quests can be found in the book at the bottom right of screen or by pushing the Q key on the keyboard each quest will tell you what land it can be found in just click on it and the quest arrow will guide you from there. Secondly I highly recommend following the quests !!! (yes I am repeating myself) as they will reward him with spells, training pionts, gear, and various other things. I say this twice because without following the quest line you will find it to be more difficult to progress as he will not be strong enough or have the right spells. He will also get alot of flak if he is not leveled properly and is drawn into a fight with other wizards. A common complaint on the message boards it makes it harder for the other wizards in the fight if he is to low a level or does not have the right spells he will need. If he follows the quest lines it will be easy enough for him to keep moving forward and he will also find like I said before alot of the quests will give him good things like training points and spells that he will not get otherwise. Just as a side note tell him to always sell all of the items and others things he does not want at the bazaar. He will get way more gold for the items there(the only exception being "no auction" items which can only be sold to shops and should be sold at the shop in the highest lvl land he has available to him) I hope this helps and is not to complicated if there are more questions on these issues or any others post them back here I will monitor this post to see if things work out. I also recommend to you the writer of this post that you start playing this game as I also played WoW and found this to be a bit more fun ( No offense ) it will also give you a way to help him out.

P.S. I forgot to ask if the person playing is a free play or if there is a sub or crown account. Free play only allows you to play a very limited amount of the game and if he is free play he will not be able to go to alot of the places he will need to go for quests. Happy wizarding and good luck. 8)

Kane Nightwraith/Legendary Sorcerer
Valdus Darkheart/ Magus Necromancer

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
funnykiller26 wrote:
Hi all. I work with an individual who can't read. He plays this game and loves it a lot. He is already level 48 and has been asking me a lot of questions about the game. I do not play the game so I can't answer very well for him. I am coming on here appealing to a high level player to answer a few questions for me.

1. The last card he got for his schools (Main: Storm, Offspec: Balance) he got back in the very first area of the game from his original class trainers. I believe you get your last spell there somewhere around level 26 or something. Since then he has gotten some cards from gear but nothing for his class...Where do I take him to get him geared up with the higher lvl 30+ Storm and Balance Cards.

2. Where can I go to get his gear updated. I play World of Warcraft avidly so I will speak in those terms. Is there an auction house? Does this game have Soulbound items like WoW does or can I buy the best stuff from an auction house? Also if anyone can give me an idea of what the stats on a lvl 48 Storm/Balance wizard should look like I could make sure I am on the right page!

3. What zone should he be questing in and when should he switch to the next area?

Please remember I DO NOT PLAY. This is his account I am signed in under so try to give me answers in such a way that I can understand it without much experience.

1. i do not know the anwser sorry.

2. there is an auction house called the bazaar. if you want cloths that fit the school the best then i would advese looking through the storm only and high level items(you can NOT get balance only items scince the only refers to the school of foucus). i guess that storms signuture boo-boo is the fact that its accuracy is low. mabye accuracy boosting gear would help. the stats of items are written i a kind of code. the symbol that looks like an archery target represents accuracy stats.do not waste your coins on damage increasing items. storm is recognized as the highest damage people. the symbol for damage is a fist.

3. this is a queastion that the awnser is diffrent for everbody. at this level, he should be queasting in mid or late dragonspyre. the moment he beats malistaire in the queast final countdown( this is a seris of queasts that ends the current story line and ends withe the killing of malistaire and there is a dungeon before him PS a dungeon is like an area with sevral bosses leading up to one big boss and you can get queasts from the dungeon but they dissapear when you leave and tell him not to leave until he is done or else he must do it again and THAT my friend, is difficult. ) he can enter the next world, celestia. the requirements for celestia are that you must be at least level 48 and must have beaten the queast final countdown. but once you beat malistaire, this old dude named ambrose will send you on some queasts. so right now, ds, if not, cl.

hoped this helped!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Hey!

Devilscum thanks very much. Your reply is extremely well written and informative. I will try to push him to finish his old quests and I will go on his account and make sure his deck is as up to date as possible. You information should get him up the rest of the way to 60 (Level cap?). He does also have a fully paid for account so he can go to all the zones. He occasionally buys crowns but I am not sure if he knows what to spend them on. I think he buys pets most the time. Is there an easy way to track down vendors with Crown gear in each world?

Also are there any fan Wikis out for this game. I find the WoW ones to be indispensable for me and I know that with them I could probably have answered most of the questions I had to ask here!

In response to you mentioning I should try this game over WoW. I did try it! Honestly turn based game play isn't for me. I get a lot of that out of the IRL card games I play! I need a game with constant motion and real time boss mechanic avoidance! It also doesn't hurt that the guild I lead just killed the 12th boss of raid content putting us in the top 1% in the world! Check us out! Apocrypha on Blackrock. :P

That being said I think this is a great game for people who like a more turn based approach. I am impressed with the array of card options and the seeming balance that exists from the little I have played. Coming from an ex-tournament Magic player, I can really appreciate a game that allows for complex deckbuilding and customization. I know I enjoying putting this guys deck together for him each week, even if he does switch all the cards around within a few days!

Thanks again for the helpful post!

Psyce

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
funnykiller26 wrote:

1. Storm school gets all their spells (quest spells included, not including secret spells like dissapate) will all come from Halston Balestrom (The Storm school teacher). As for his balance spells he will get them up to power play from the Balance tutor (the dog standing in front of bartleby in Ravenwood). After power play he will gain therest of his spells from Alhazred In the balance school in Krokotopia (This is found by taking the airship in Krokotopia and going down the hole in the ground by the giant stone block.)

2. As Devilscum stated the Bazaar is where you should go to get better gear from (unless you manage to get it as a drop yourself). Since your friend is storm his Health is going to be naturally LOW. (at level 48 i would assume something around.....1700-2100 is about accurate)

3. Just follow the quest arrows. since he is level 48 he should be somewhere around the middle or end of Dragonspyre. If not he could be in Celestia (ive seen it before).

Hope this Helps!

Ryan FrostShard - Legend of the Ice Arts

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'm not trying to be insensitive or judgmental, but an imperative skill in playing this game is being able to read. I'll give you the answers, but they will be unclear since you don't play the game. If you can get someone who plays the game to explain, it will make more sense to him:

1. That's strange; if he has all his other spells he should know where to get his next spells. He gets his next school spells from his Professor: Halston Balestrom. He, along with the other professors, is in Ravenwood. You need to complete quests to get these spells, though. Maybe that's what he's not getting (I didn't realize it the first time I played; someone had to tell me lol). As for Balance, you need to go to the Balance school in Krokotopia to get the Lvl. 30+ spells. On the Krokosphinx Island (you get there by boat from the Oasis), there should be a hole in the ground. When he approaches it, a prompt will come up to enter pressing "X". By doing this, he enters the Balance school. Speak to Alhazred to get the Lvl. 30+ spells. He can only own non-school spells (spells outside his school) up to Lvl. 42, so he should start thinking about a third school now. I recommend Myth since it's the opposite school of Storm.

2. Wow, this is gonna be complicated to explain...there are three ways to get equipment. When he fights monsters, they will drop equipment (among other things) that he can choose to wear by going to the equipment page of his Spellbook (it's in the lower right-hand corner of the screen) or sell by going to one of the shops that can be found anywhere in the Spiral. This leads to the second way he can get equipment: shops. Shops are usually located in the Commons of the world he's in except for Wizard City; the shops there are located in the Shopping District (the tunnel to the Shopping District is straight across the tunnel to Ravenwood). The only shop here that isn't anywhere else is the dye shop, where he can dye his clothes; the equipment here, however, is beginner level equipment. To get Master equipment, he'll need to go to the Atheneum in Dragonspyre (there is a teleporter to this place in the Commons of that world, the Basilica); please be aware of the fact that he can't by wands or decks in this world. The last way you can get equipment of any level is the Bazaar, which is located in Olde Town (tunnel is on the far end of the Shopping District; there is no one guarding the tower). It's the first building you see. There, he can buy and sell almost any equipment he'd want, but there are some "No Auction" items he can't buy or sell at the Bazaar. It's also worth mentioning that a lot of items you buy at the Bazaar are common drops and/or given to you when you complete quests.

3. Being a Lvl. 48 Diviner, he should be in Dragonspyre (last available world on the Spiral Door's list). He should start Celestia, the next world, when he's completed all the main and side quests in all the worlds before (and especially in) Dragonspyre. If he so chooses, he can start Celestia now, or after he defeats Malistaire, but it's really up to him.

Hopefully this helps. If you have any other questions, post them on this thread. For you, the best advice I can give is play the game! It's fun and you'll have a better understanding of what he wants to know.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
funnykiller26 wrote:

I would suggest going to wizard101central.com. Look for the Wiki tab. Then you go to spells and school spells. There are lists there of all the spells, the level you get them and the special "teacher quest" spells that are school specific and for main school only.

The Schools of magic are in Ravenwood off the Commons in Wizard City. Balance is the man in front of Bartleby the big tree. Once you get to a certain level spells for Balance are in Krokotopia by the Krokosphinx. Hetch is standing by how you get there. You have to gain access by following the main storyline quests in Krok.

There is also a players guide right here under the help and support tab. You might read through some of it.

Once again wizard101central.com has great guides etc. Go to Spiral then Storm, up in the stickies are tips and clothing suggestions.

Gear comes from drops from battles, crafting and can be bought in the Bazaar. Some gear can only be found as drops from boss battles. You have to "farm" to get it. Basically fight the same boss over and over until you get it. It is pure luck.

What area depends. The spell book has all the quests in it. Follow those and anyone with a yellow (!) above their head has a quest. Hitting escape while somewhere safe or in battle opens up the spell book. Quests are on the right the feathery looking icon.

Everyone starts in Wizard City and progresses on in this order; Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre then Celestia. Grizzleheim is optional and opens at level 20. I am guessing he is in Dragonspyre by his level.

I hope this helps!

Megan-formerly Firefan02
Firefan02 is now my son.

Explorer
May 13, 2010
funnykiller26 I am glad that the information was helpful and understandable the crown clothing can be found in all the shops for each world just look for the buildings with the little flags outside showing the items(wands, boots, rings,hats,etc.) The only world that does not offer crown clothing is Celestia. When you go to the shop vendor the crown clothing is last mostly and has a small crown symbol next to it. Once you own these items do not ever sell them even if you get a better item just put them in the shared bank at his house and if he does more than one wizard he can give them to the others this way.(pets can also be given to your other wizards that way) Simply go to the bank in the new wizards home and click the shared bank tab and he can take things from there and place them in his back pack where he will be able to equip them as the prerecs are met. There are many helpful sites that give lists of spells he should have and even advice on how to get through quests if you go to www.wizard101.com and click on the wizard community tab you can then click on the fansites and it will give you lists of diffrent sites to go to one of the most helpful is the freindly necromancer site as it will give you lists for practically anything you want to know it also has a list of all pets and where they can be gotten and what types of things they give(cards, aruas,shields,buffs, etc.) the list will also tell how far up the pet must be trained in order to obtain the cards. Also yes the current lvl cap is at 60. I am glad I was able to help and wish you both the best of luck although you seem to have things in hand as far as the WoW situation(good job on that by the way) If you come across anything you need answered and can not find the answer or just do not have time to search for it then post it here and I will try to help as I read them almost every day Good Luck again and if you or he ever see me in the game feel free to hit me up for friendship. If need be sometime when you have a few minutes with him drop a line here with a date roughly three days in advance with a place to meet, the realm to meet,the area and also what time and time zone and his wizards name and I will try to meet you if at all possible. That way if you do come across a question and I am online then you can ask me directly without having to wait for the message boards as they can take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours to post mostly faster but, just in case.

Kane Nightwraith/Legendary Sorcerer
Valdus Darkheart/Magus Necromancer

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
Looking at the "He occasionally buys crowns but I am not sure if he knows what to spend them on. I think he buys pets most the time. Is there an easy way to track down vendors with Crown gear in each world?" part, here is my answer. Almost all the worlds that I have visited have things for Crowns except for Griz. and Drag. You cannot sell anything you bought with crowns. Put them in your Shared Bank. Also there is an icon in the top left corner that takes you to the crown shop, where you can buy things. I would recommend either Valkyrie or Overlord set for 10000 crowns.
Roslyn Lifeblossom