Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feb 28th 2011 Shopping Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Crown Shop
->Some Gold prices have changed.
->The 'Sale' Tab has been renamed to the Featured Tab and will now Feature items that are both on sale, and not on sale.
->Henchmen will now sort by level not school. You can easily reorder the Henchmen in List View.
->The following items have been removed from the Crown Shop, and from Zeke where applicable:
White Mare Mount (permanent, 7 day and 1 day rentals)
Purple Glider Mount (permanent, 7 day and 1 day rentals)
Faithful Dragoness (permanent and 7 day rental)
Celestian Sword
There's always the chance these items will return in the future, but for now, they will be removed from the Crown Shop & Zeke.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
May 02, 2009
Personally, I don't like it that a bunch of items are being removed from the crowns shop and zeke with each update. I know you said that they could return in the future (which part of me highly doubts), but still.

First the pets and armor, and now mounts and a sword. what's next, treasure card packs, crowns houses, gardening seeds, elixirs?

My point is, why are more and more things being removed from the crowns shop that were there practically since the day it came out (is this becoming like the old crown gear)?

Imo, this needs to stop before it gets out of hand.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Being in retail, I think I can help you. The store pays for the items. (They tack on an extra percent IRL stores to make a profit.) Then that item might sit around for months or weeks collecting dust and not making the store any money. So they are basically worthless to the store. If the store isn't selling, then they will do their best to get rid of those products, and probably won't carry those products again until there is a demand for them. Obviously, no one was buying these crown items, so they were worthless to the crowns shop, so they will drop them until there is a demand. Seriously, would you have missed those items if they hadn't told you they were gone? I can't say that I would have. Except the spectre pet, I really wanted one of those but I never got one because other things kept eating my crowns.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
flash33 wrote:
Personally, I don't like it that a bunch of items are being removed from the crowns shop and zeke with each update. I know you said that they could return in the future (which part of me highly doubts), but still.

First the pets and armor, and now mounts and a sword. what's next, treasure card packs, crowns houses, gardening seeds, elixirs?

My point is, why are more and more things being removed from the crowns shop that were there practically since the day it came out (is this becoming like the old crown gear)?

Imo, this needs to stop before it gets out of hand.
making room for new stuff so you dont have to look at that old stuff you want better and stronger or old and weak?