Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet names with opposite gender title

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I'm curious... has anyone else noticed this

When pets hatch with a random name, it seems the title is the opposite gender of the name. Like - Prince Emma or Lady Maximus.

Call me picky, but what's with this? :?

I end up renaming pets that I really like and use.

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 51 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 47 myth
Nora SeaStone lvl 16 storm

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
That doesn't happen all the time, like this one time when I... uh... um... point taken...

Delver
May 26, 2009
Yeah, it happens to me all of the time. My cyclops ended up as Lord Chelsea and my Jellyfish was King Amy, lol

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
I always thought the same thing. KI should make it that when you get a pet egg you can name it.

Andrew-Legndary Life, PvP warlord
Noah Sandblade-Adept Myth, PvP captain

Administrator
The following information is in the Player Guide:

Renaming Your Pet
If you're not happy with your pet's name, you can now choose a new name by going to the Dye Shop in the Wizard City Shopping District. You will see an icon there that will instruct you on how to rename your pet, for a small gold fee.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
The following information is in the Player Guide:

Renaming Your Pet
If you're not happy with your pet's name, you can now choose a new name by going to the Dye Shop in the Wizard City Shopping District. You will see an icon there that will instruct you on how to rename your pet, for a small gold fee.

What i believe was the point of the OP's post was that when a name is chosen randomly the game not the player should determine the prefix based upon the suffix or vise versa so as to make the pets have a more logical rhythm.

I remember having a similar problem with my first wizard and although 500 gold seems like a pittance now, back then it was a choice of having a pet named "lady tyson" or a better wand.