Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3 Possible New Types of Secondary Spells!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
I've been thinking recently when I saw people complaining about them running out of mana, or life having way too less damage spells, maybe that there should be another 3 secondary spells along with Astral Spells. I think these spells should be like you main schools. The secondary spell you chose for these ones should be free and the rest cost training points. The spells I was thinking were Power, Intelligence, and Courage. The spells each serve their different and useful purposes. Power, a combination of Storm, Life, and Star, focuses mainly on damage, heal, aura, and an additional skill of doing a little bit of damage one round, then a lot on the next round. These spells will be useful for taking away tower shields, etc. Yes, I know, it's kind of like Myth spells but because it does damage next round instead of the current one, it does more damage. Here is one example:
Damp Mermaid
8 Pips
75% Accuracy
10 Power Damage + 1000 Storm Damage next round

The next school should be Intelligence. Intelligence, a combination of Death, Ice, and Lunar spells, focus mainly on defense, stealing health, transforming, and an additional skill of restoring mana and even attack other wizard's mana. This will be really useful for healing mana during battle and even stealing other wizard's mana. So, I think mana should matter now in PvP and that the clothes should now not subtract 100% mana! Here is an example of a spell:

Mana Heal
0 Pips
100% Accuracy
+30 Mana

The last spell I created is Courage. Courage, a combination of Myth, Fire, Sun, focuses on lingering spells, summoning minions, enchantments, (but instead, it appears as a blade or trap and adds on for example, 200 damage to next spell) and an additional skill of combining two types of spells in one spell (kind of like interrupt charge but it is more fair). This really helps prepare for a heal, another attack, etc. Here is an example:

Volcano Blast
5 Pips
80% Accuracy
440 Fire Damage to all enemies and add +30% Damage trap to all enemies

For the titles of wizards now, instead of novice diviner, it could be powerful, intelligent, or courageous diviner. I hope Wizard101 would consider these new spells!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
You do realize the astral spells were not made for attacking, but for enhancing your survivability.

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
I actually like these. But I would like to see more examples to really see what you are trying to say. I really like the idea of it.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
eioofh wrote:
I actually like these. But I would like to see more examples to really see what you are trying to say. I really like the idea of it.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice

Ok, here are some more examples for better understanding. Power:
Cursed Demon
Rank 8
85%
10 Power Damage + 900 Storm Damage next round

Bear
Rank 5
90%
75 Power Damage + 445 Life Damage

Basically, Power does power damage one round to take away shields and does tons of damage next round depending on school type

Here are some examples of Intelligence:

Mystic Power
Rank4
100%
+100 Mana

Theif
Rank6
85%
400 Death damage, swap half to heal, and 100 Mana damage, swap half to restore

Mana Blade
Rank 0
100%
+40% Intelligence heal or attack

Here are examples for courage:

Fire Witch
Rank8
75%
790 Fire Damage to all enemies + add +30 traps to all enemies

Damage Boost
Rank 1
100%
+300 Damage to next spell

Gusty Winds
Rank4
70%
300 Storm Damage to all enemies and add -30% damage charms to all enemies

Hope that makes things more clear

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Mystic Power
Rank4
100%
+100 Mana

so I spend 4 mana to get 100 mana? well shoot I would never ever go for the whisps any more.

maybe instead of the 100% it could be something like 10% and the 4 pips to cast could be like 2 pips and maybe adjust the amount of mana to 25. Now that in my opinion is fair.

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
One more thing. Where does balance fall in? Would it go with all the things?

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Well those would be like secondary schools not main. Like to show if your fire for ex then the 3 new school would be secondary and rank 8 would not be possible since we have only up 7 pips and power dont count to other schools. I say Intelligence is not bad it pretty good actually. I say to courage adding mana? hmm not I already have so much mana that i cant use it all up in one battle. Courage its really like the sun spells except if you added blades and traps and attack then it would more of a courage school not if you had a blade that added damage like 200 or what ever. Over all very good idea just needs some adjustments to make then differ from the other schools.