Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical hits should be banned from pvp!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2010
Temperest wrote:
I have to pose the question to KI: Is there a bug with the spell conviction?

I blocks stuns just fine, but isnt it supposed to have a 90% resist to critical hits? I can understand bad luck and have it even a majority of the time. But it never blocks the critical hit. Not once for me. You may want to have a second look at your coding on that something is wrong.

Sorry to say this, but, you need to read the spell more closely. It says 90 critical block rating.

And P.S.

You do know that there is a wand that gives 30 more critical block rating? And not to mention the Baconator Outfit that gives a whole 105 more critical block rating.

And KI, please make new CL pvp gear. And please make it better than the ice gear. It's driving me crazy!

Trevor Goldenstaff, legendary life, pvp commander ( because i used a team without critical stuff during the celestia time and we still won )

Survivor
May 10, 2010
geneva111 wrote:
bravevline wrote:
I think that these "critical hits" are cheating and need banned from pvp. I for one, miss the way pvp USED to be! Critical blocks are WAY underpowered!

I agree. Criticals should not be in PVP. As an example, my Storm did great in 1v1 pvp till i hit the grandmaster lvl. Next thing I know, I am taking on Legendarys with their criticals. I dropped from a Captain to a much lesser rank in no time flat. Then i have to fight my way back up to Knight. The only factor that changed was the criticals. Nothing else. The way PVP used to be was more fair and much more fun.

I mean, someone goes critical on a firecat and does 1000 damage? I have seen people be killed by it, believe it or not. I got wiped out by a Storm bat doing between 500 - 1000 damage. Its just ridiculous.

KI, dont let a person lvl be held against them in pvp. Criticals for none.
- Lucas Silvershard, PVP Warlord, Legendary Pyromancer

Dude. The reason why they do 1000 damage on a critical fire cat is because of Gargantuan. It adds a whole 225 more damage to a spell. I use it on my Forest Lord. They mostly have resist so i dont care. As long as i do more damage to get around resistances.

Trevor Goldenstaff, legendary life, pvp commander
Trevor Dragonstaff, magus fire ( 35 ), pvp veteran

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
Dude just because you keep losing in pvp because of critical rating doesn't mean you got to be hating on critical. Now since your a master i understand its hard to block critical rating since your a master and i think that its cheating for people who are lower than lvl 50. So critical rating should be banned for people lower than lvl 50 for pvp. And if not at least increase the block. :) :)

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
So add more shields to your deck.... a tower shield is like a critical block in itself.