Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This NEEDS to be addressed KI

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
SlyLadyWolf wrote:
I think a much better option than banning players from the high level places, would be to add an option when you're in battle, to require other players to get permission from the ORIGINAL person who went into that battle, before they are allowed to join.

I have suggested this to KI as well as letting the wizard who starts a battle set a lvl restriction on who is able to join, but again KI refuses to address this issue which is why i cancelled my subscription.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
Luvas wrote:
Obviously KI has no problem with lower-leveled wizards in later Worlds, otherwise they would have acted on the issue.

I really don't see the problem here. I've been able to do countless things in Celestia despite my level because I proved I was useful to the Grandmasters and Legendary Wizards there. Why should I be punished for the actions of the noob who comes in due to the irresponsibility of another Wizard? When someone with no merit appears in my battle, I confront them about it, and if they fail to respond I remove them from my Friends List and Block them.

The amount of times a noob has messed up my battle pales in comparison to the many instances where I, or someone weaker than myself, was able to play the game and keep us all working as a team. In fact, I'd say that when fighting any Celestian creature (Especially ones like Cuthalla), people who have no Text Chat (A.K.A. 'Mutes') are much more dangerous to the team because communication is severely limited.

Menu chat people only are a liability if they don't know the bosses cheat.
Low level people are a liability if they don't have the right cards.

How exactly am I supposed to fight Cuthalla if there is a level 12 in our fight?

I agree with you. But i don't agree that the higher levels need to be blocked. Yes i do it. But only to help friends. NEVER to get ahead in the game and never to mess up other people. In fact there is no way people can mess you up. To block the access cause of a couple of people is like closing a restaurant, just because you had one person did not like your cooking. Everyone is different. Everyone uses it for different reasons. However. I do think that there should be an option in privacy options to block battle ports and block anyone from joining. That would make everyone happy.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Ok ok ok ok, lemme get this strait
You are complaining about lower levels
REALLY!
They don't power level without a team anymore! Plus, they can be handy if they fight well.
Let me set this up:
You just got the Trial of Spheres quest with only a few people on your friends list to boot.
Two other people, of your same level help because they have the quest to:
Your third friend signs off so you left with this choice:
Niether of the other people have friends on.
Friend 1:A level 55, who fights very, very poorly taking too long to hit because she/he lair blades.
Friend2:A level 38 life, fights like a legened.

The other wizards are storm and fire, you are (Insert your type here)
Who would you choose?
Or would you go begging?

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Freshta wrote:

Frankly, some of the worst people I've had the pain of fighting with were Grandmasters who wanted to hog the "kill shot" at the expense of other players, used up traps with low level spells, refused to heal others even when they could, or in other ways showed themselves to be selfish or foolish.

Rudeness, selfishness and idiocy can be found at every level, even among some Legendaries.

Here Here!

You are right! It really is the individual. Still I do agree with the fact that you do not belong in an area that you have not earned even if you are a great player and are invited. The person who invites you is making a decision to let you into an area that affects other players, they are wrong too.

No matter what KI will not let a crown player have access to an area they have not paid for. So there is a program that can restrict the area. They just have adjust it to deny teleporting to areas your char has not unlocked.

KI is not doing itself any favors by allowing kids to jump ahead. When I joined DS was still new to most and I was so excited to be a grandmaster.

KI has already addressed some of this making it so that you can not buy gigantic until you are level 58 and you should not be able to trade legend and grandmaster spells with lower levels and I think that was stopped when you could not trade enchanted cards.

Seriously I get the reasons why people world hop and I am not a party pooper (dating myself) I am just saying that before you world hop around on your friend's hard work pretending you are just as good as levels beyond your own, why dont you just do your quest and be the best there is - or try.

But simply jumping to the next world and joining fights with people you dont know or porting to a friend and then having all your low level friends make it a party isnt cool either.

If the younger (and yes and implied earlier older) members can not mind thier manners I usually stop playiing shield up and heal until they get the mobs attention and then wait for them to die. Then go back to fighting.

If they look pitiful and refuse to flee, I will ask them can they hold off on the spells and just heal and shield? if no then why bring them back? If they are mute 0 well I cant help they are just gonna come back and take your traps lol

Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
Why is everybody complaining about "noobs" porting to them? They just might have a Legendary or Grandmaster on their account and could help you in a battle with strategy or shields or blades or something. My brother's balance uses shields to help out my friend's level 48 Pyromancer and he's only level 14. Alura, my level 22 Thaumaturge helps that same Pyromancer with quests all the time in Dragonspyre. So what's the deal? Just turn your port off in you don't want lower levels teleporting to you. Plus some of them could just be curious about what the tougher worlds are like. If you don't want a valuable asset in the form of a weaker character than you, I've got nothing to say. Case closed. Also, mimzy, I'd take the life level 38 friend anytime.

Alura Lifeweaver, level 22 Thaumaturge

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
mysticgirl17 wrote:
Why is everybody complaining about "noobs" porting to them? They just might have a Legendary or Grandmaster on their account and could help you in a battle with strategy or shields or blades or something. My brother's balance uses shields to help out my friend's level 48 Pyromancer and he's only level 14. Alura, my level 22 Thaumaturge helps that same Pyromancer with quests all the time in Dragonspyre. So what's the deal? Just turn your port off in you don't want lower levels teleporting to you. Plus some of them could just be curious about what the tougher worlds are like. If you don't want a valuable asset in the form of a weaker character than you, I've got nothing to say. Case closed. Also, mimzy, I'd take the life level 38 friend anytime.

Alura Lifeweaver, level 22 Thaumaturge

Sorry to say but I have NEVER had a "helpfull" lower level wizard join one of my battles in the higher lvl zones. From my view all the do is waste my traps that I put up frustrating me to the extent I now just flee when one enters my battle.

I have even had one pacify his creature on his first round after he joined to make it attack me, well if you cant take out the one you bring into the battle then DONT join. When he did that i said that was messed up that he would do that and then I fled and went back and watched him get defeated real quick like.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
boominn wrote:

Sorry to say but I have NEVER had a "helpfull" lower level wizard join one of my battles in the higher lvl zones.

Hmm. I have had a number of lower level wizards join battles in high level zones.

However, I agree, there's a game balance issue going on. It's not just a problem with low levels showing up in high level worlds, however. It's also a problem with high levels running around lower worlds casting extremely powerful spells. Like, for example, a storm casting Triton in Firecat Alley.

There needs to be a change to the battle code so that any non-player character target being attacked modifies it's resistance, block, and so on by the level of the person attacking it AND so that it modifies it's attack based on the level of the person it's attacking. BUT it would not make it's attack less than what is normal for the world it's in.

This would mean that if a level 50 player was running around in wizard city, all the stuff they attacked and that attacked them would function as if they were either high dragonspyre or low celestia enemies for that person but not for the people who are the right level for wizard city.

However if a level 10 were running around in dragonspyre the non-player character enemies (MOBs) would ignore their level and attack them as if they were the right level for the world.

That would also allow KI to remove the level cap entirely, because as YOU level, the MOBs would adjust to fit you.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
The low level vs. high level problem can be solved easier than that.Guess what low levels need 2 level up first before entering pvp.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
Frankly, some of the worst people I've had the pain of fighting with were Grandmasters who wanted to hog the "kill shot" at the expense of other players, used up traps with low level spells, refused to heal others even when they could, or in other ways showed themselves to be selfish or foolish.

Rudeness, selfishness and idiocy can be found at every level, even among some Legendaries.

I have to fully agree with this statement.
I for one don't really have a problem with lower level wizards in any area.
I've had people join battles without asking....bringing in more enemies.....stand there and do nothing....yell for me to heal them...etc., etc., etc. and this on my legendary storm.

On the other hand while playing on one of my other accounts I've had grands
join in and start telling me to pass....that I don't know what I'm doing....calling me names etc., etc.....and so on while I was using one of my lower level wizards.

There are always pros and cons to everything from playing a game to actually functioning in real life.

Yes some things are a pain to have to deal with and I can see the good as well as the bad on this subject with no easy/fair solution that will please everyone.

I prefer to just deal with it the best I can and not let something so minor ruin my enjoyment of a game that I've come to love.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I've made the suggestion twice to KingsIsle that wizards be allowed to roam worlds freely, but if they haven't unlocked that world, they can't start or join battles. That would let them roam the higher worlds to their heart's content with no risk of being defeated and no risk of interfering in somebody's battle.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
boominn wrote:
I have see countless posts on lower level wizards running around higher level zone messing things up and to be honest I have started one myself.

Since it is obvious you will not stop this from happening I have come up with a compramise that should at least make some happy.

Take half of the Realms and make it so you cannot enter a world unless you have finished the quests to enter it. This will let your lower lvl wizards port up and satisfy those of us who dont like them in the higher lvl zones messing things up.

Please address this problem soon because I am starting to think that I dont want to play this game anymore just because of this NOT being addressed.

Also in all the posts that I have looked over on this subject I have not seen one responce from a "Teacher" on KI stance to this subject !!!!!!

ALSO I have posted several possible solutions to the and all seem to have been IGNORED and I am wandering why. (from letting people set lvl limits on who can enter a battle, to wizards taking things into their own hands and using Pacify so the creature will attack the lower lvl wizard)

I see what you mean, i also posted a topic about this cuz in Mooshu a level 9 joined my battle and i used a life trap what did he use? An imp. They really need to sort this out. I cant do battles in Mooshu with level 9's!!

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
lucyprice89 wrote:
boominn wrote:
I have see countless posts on lower level wizards running around higher level zone messing things up and to be honest I have started one myself.

Since it is obvious you will not stop this from happening I have come up with a compramise that should at least make some happy.

Take half of the Realms and make it so you cannot enter a world unless you have finished the quests to enter it. This will let your lower lvl wizards port up and satisfy those of us who dont like them in the higher lvl zones messing things up.

Please address this problem soon because I am starting to think that I dont want to play this game anymore just because of this NOT being addressed.

Also in all the posts that I have looked over on this subject I have not seen one responce from a "Teacher" on KI stance to this subject !!!!!!

ALSO I have posted several possible solutions to the and all seem to have been IGNORED and I am wandering why. (from letting people set lvl limits on who can enter a battle, to wizards taking things into their own hands and using Pacify so the creature will attack the lower lvl wizard)

I see what you mean, i also posted a topic about this cuz in Mooshu a level 9 joined my battle and i used a life trap what did he use? An imp. They really need to sort this out. I cant do battles in Mooshu with level 9's!!

Well the thing is KI will NOT be changeing this policy in any way anytime soon. I know this for a fact do to the explaination I got back from them on the reason I cancelled my subscription renewal.

Basically what they said to me was get over it we are not changeing it. Way to chase away FULL subscription paying customers KI

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
i used to teleport to other when i was low level because they asked me to help them or just to come and fight thats what i did when my friend was fighting mailster i was level 17 i still help and i did good

Blaze Gem level 42 Master Pryomancer