Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Appear Offline Button

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
did you ever get on, but not want anyone to know that your on? a lot of times when i get on there's always that (those) friend that you dont want them to know that your playing it at the moment. and i know a lot of people will say something if i dont put this in my post. you might just think the solution is to simply delete the person, but if you know them in real life, then thats not the solution. plus sometimes your just in that bad mood and you just dont really want to talk to anyone. comment!
~Liam Shadow
Legendary Thaumaturge

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
You do have solutions you can use.

I often turn a lot of my privacy options "off". No teleporting to me, no chat, no friend requests, etc. If my friends don't like this, or don't understand that I need some "alone" time in the game, they can choose to delete me, and that's okay.

But the choice of how I play the game is mine, and that's okay too. :D

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
liammay11 wrote:
did you ever get on, but not want anyone to know that your on? a lot of times when i get on there's always that (those) friend that you dont want them to know that your playing it at the moment. and i know a lot of people will say something if i dont put this in my post. you might just think the solution is to simply delete the person, but if you know them in real life, then thats not the solution. plus sometimes your just in that bad mood and you just dont really want to talk to anyone. comment!
~Liam Shadow
Legendary Thaumaturge

I like that idea! Sometimes I just have a LITTLE TEENY while to play online, so I don't want to be disturbed when I just want to run in circles or test something really quick. Other days, I'm on W101, maybe because I'm in a bad mood and I think W101 might cheer me up. So yeah, that could be REALLY helpful!

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
yeah but thats more work to turn them all off, need one button to do it all for us :)

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
i know right? sometimes i am in a bad mood and sometimes my friends can get a little annoying and overreact to me telling them i dont want to talk. but then it would be awkward if you know them in real life and its one of your close friends. they would probably get a little mad at you. like on facebook there's an appear offline button.