Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too Much Gold. Oh What's a person to do?

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I have so much gold and nothing left to do with it. I have purchased a couple of houses and mounts, gear, furniture and brooms and still have way too much.

It would be nice if KI would allow more pet choices as gold purchases instead of crowns or even a few of the henchmen as gold purchases.

There really isn't anything left that I would like to buy.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
You can start pet hatching, which uses a significant amount of gold. You could also start gardening (the seeds and spells are very expensive) and crafting (buying reagents and recipes can be very expensive).

However, I do agree, I would like more options to spend gold on. I would love to see more housing items to buy. I have a big palace and not much to put in it.

I'd also like to know why there's even a limit to how much gold I can have? If I want to amass millions in gold, why can't I? :D

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
LOL, totally not getting this one! There is so much to spend your gold on!!!

Obviously you haven't been shopping the bazaar that much for unique housing items. Many of them cost anywhere between 2000-4000 gold. Do you have a willow tree from CL yet? The Flowering CL tree? Those are excellent unique item. And you can never have enough cherry trees. How about a minigame kiosk? Fine wood table? Fire hydrant?

And what about all the other stuff in the spiral shops? Grand piano? Pot bellied stove? Wall paper? Flooring? And for that matter, the school houses alone are 100,000 gold.

And of course there's crafting. The dragon spire beds are totally cool. And that fish tank will take quite a bit of gold.

I think you just need to wonder a bit more around the spiral. There is more than enought to spend your gold many times over!

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
addisoncrawford wrote:
LOL, totally not getting this one! There is so much to spend your gold on!!!

Obviously you haven't been shopping the bazaar that much for unique housing items. Many of them cost anywhere between 2000-4000 gold. Do you have a willow tree from CL yet? The Flowering CL tree? Those are excellent unique item. And you can never have enough cherry trees. How about a minigame kiosk? Fine wood table? Fire hydrant?

And what about all the other stuff in the spiral shops? Grand piano? Pot bellied stove? Wall paper? Flooring? And for that matter, the school houses alone are 100,000 gold.

And of course there's crafting. The dragon spire beds are totally cool. And that fish tank will take quite a bit of gold.

I think you just need to wonder a bit more around the spiral. There is more than enought to spend your gold many times over!

If you read my post correctly, you would have seen that I have decorated my houses already. I don't craft and garden, because I don't like it. I don't find it enjoyable or worth my time doing (this is only my opinion about these parts of the game). It is quite boring to me.
I believe I that I stated that there really isn't anything left that I would like to buy, except the pets and I wish that KI would offer more choices for gold purchasing.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
I have so much gold and nothing left to do with it. I have purchased a couple of houses and mounts, gear, furniture and brooms and still have way too much.

It would be nice if KI would allow more pet choices as gold purchases instead of crowns or even a few of the henchmen as gold purchases.

There really isn't anything left that I would like to buy.

I went to Celestia and bought a pet starfish for 12,000 gold when I had a lot to spend.

Rachel RavenTalon, Level 34 Myth

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Instead of selling, put them in your bank for the next character on your account to sell. You can also buy them clothes, pets, mounts, etc. Remember, this is not a 1 character game.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
And if you purchase the crowns houses with gold, that's 100,000 per house, plus any new items you choose to put in it. It's a shame you can't put gold in the shared bank to use on your next character. (hint, hint, KI)

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Instead of selling, put them in your bank for the next character on your account to sell. You can also buy them clothes, pets, mounts, etc. Remember, this is not a 1 character game.

Thank you for the wonderful advice. I appreciate your constructive advice. Unfortunately, I did that already, but I do appreciate your input.