Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

bartleby's eye

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2009
was wondering if we were ever going to get bartleby's eye that malistaire stole back and was thinking that would be a good quest for maybe another grandmasters tower in ds this time what do you think?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Good question....We defeat Malistaire in DragonSpyre (sorry if that was a spoiler for anyone), but nothing is mentioned about recovering Bartleby's eye let alone returning it to its rightful owner. This would be an interesting side quest:

We're summoned by Merle Ambrose to come to his office immediately. He confides in us that Bartelby's mental health is steadily declining. He then tells us that when he finally packed up Malistaire's belongings and cleared out his office, he found a journal. Upon the inane scribbling of a hapless man blinded by grief, he found a note stating that Meowiarty, Malistaire's "most loyal" follower, was trusted with the eye for safe keeping. He sends us on a mission to retrieve the eye and return it to Bartleby before his memory suffers permanent damage. We travel to Marleybone and defeat Meowiarty once more. He tells us he hid the eye in "the one place we'd never in a million years be able to penetrate," before fleeing the scene. With Meowiarty's last words as our only clue to where Bartleby's eye is hidden, we return to Ambrose. He is bewildered by the mystery that is Meowiarty's last words. When he feels all hope is lost, he realizes the obvious. "Why didn't I think of it before?! Sherlock Bones!" He explains that Bones has made an occupation out of solving impossibly cryptic messages and puzzles. We travel to Marleybone once again and locate Bones' office on 22 Barker Street of Regent Square. We tell him the situation and Meowiarty's strange last words. Mentally examining all the evidence, Bones comes up with an answer in no time: "Elementary, my dear wizard. He's obviously hidden Bartleby's eye somewhere in Buckingham Palace!"

That's all I have for now, hopefully I didn't hijack the thread with this thread lol.