Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

adding a Tailor!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
So after joining this game(loving it btw) coming from playing City of Heroes, i think it would be great if there was a tailor to alter your clothes.

For example, I love the stats on this robe i got, but i hate the fact that it's a robe. If only I can change it to a tunic. I think you should add a new vendor that can alter the armor/clothes to make each wizard student look a little bit more unique while keeping the stats it had in its original form just now it has the look of the way you like it.

kinda like city of heroes's tailor store, but if you look at city of heroes, there are a lot of characters with unique looks.

Maybe open this option to Wizards at a mid/high level, like level 25 and higher are the only ones that can alter their clothes after a quest or story arc of a sort.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
You know newbies don't really get the game which I have said before. But I like this idea. Like my staff , its called staff of the ice wyren . Don't come with ice wyern card. I would much rather change it to Staff Of The Ice Blast

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
I think this idea is great but you should have to get the mats to upgrade/make clothes and you can only get this by farming mats from bosses

Explorer
May 21, 2008
Great idea! I would love for players to be able to select the look of one item, and couple it with the stats of another. Right now players are (on occasion) forced to choose between two options: power, or image. I would strongly prefer them to be able to choose both!

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Great idea! I would love for players to be able to select the look of one item, and couple it with the stats of another. Right now players are (on occasion) forced to choose between two options: power, or image. I would strongly prefer them to be able to choose both!

Wow you popped in? I have not seen you in a while on the forum :-D

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Guild Wars has a system that dissociates the look of an armor from its stats. An armor piece comes with only the base armor value (which depends on class) and the looks of the armor. To finish the piece, players add an insignia and a rune to get the real stats they want.

The Chronicles of Spellborn supposedly has a somewhat similar system. Maybe if any of their publishers (three for one game!) ever figure out what they're doing, the world will find out how their system works.

If trying to add in such a system to an established game like this one, it might be easier to go the Aion route. Take two pieces of armor to a tailor, and he produces one with the looks of one and the stats of the other. Or at least that's how it works in theory; any comments on how it works in practice are unlikely to have been translated from the original Korean just yet.

At least in this game, one doesn't need to worry that the armor with the desired stats will end up being immodest. Would that we could say the same of some other games.

Explorer
May 21, 2008
Orca wrote:
Wow you popped in? I have not seen you in a while on the forum :-D

Yes! I've been busy working on PvP and Dragonspyre!

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008