Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can not get Spritely!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
Survivor
May 16, 2009
Same with mine lol. I have the fierce hound at adult (unless it gets spritely at ancient or epic) I didn't get it. And I see some teens have it so it really is annoying. Also someone said the Bronze Helephant can get it. Well I trained mine to ancient and he STILL doesn't have it, so unless he gets it at epic I will be really mad.

Dylan StrongBlood lv.60 Pyromancer
Ryan StrongBlood lv.32 Sorcerer
David StrongBlood lv.11 Conjurer.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
so you can't get spritely. So what? i train my pets too and don't even get it ( nor do i want it badly. spritely only gives you a sprite at random times (and that would waste guiding lights). Even so, you left questions unanswered like:

1. What kind of pets do you have? (certain pets are required)
2. Don't you care about other talents? (I have fire-giver and health gift, and you dont hear me complaining)
3. Shouldn't you be glad about your pet the way it is? (i love my pet ALL the way)

Sorry if this offended you.

Daniel Wildhunter, Master Pyromancer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Blazeninja69 wrote:
my pets that should have spritely are not getting it . whats wrong!!

Pets get 4 talents out of 10 possible. Figure the odds!! One talent is 10% chance then, because there are 10 talents but go up a little because you get 4 talents so you have like 40% chance to get it.

So, keep trying, eventually you will get it.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
well, you get 4 of the 10 available. It's frustrating to get one you don't want. I just got a Sea Dragon that has (so far) 2 abilities I didn't want. My Ice mage is currently training his 4th starfish trying to get the right combination.

My advice, get another, or see if you can bread with someone that has the abilities you want.

I'd love to be able to see in advance what abilities the pet will develop.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
so you can't get spritely. So what? i train my pets too and don't even get it ( nor do i want it badly. spritely only gives you a sprite at random times (and that would waste guiding lights). Even so, you left questions unanswered like:

1. What kind of pets do you have? (certain pets are required)
2. Don't you care about other talents? (I have fire-giver and health gift, and you dont hear me complaining)
3. Shouldn't you be glad about your pet the way it is? (i love my pet ALL the way)

Sorry if this offended you.

Daniel Wildhunter, Master Pyromancer
i have 5 spiny fish,
2 sea turtles, 5 sea dragons and 5 ferice hounds and 1 starfish

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
For the pets you have multiples of, I would recommend hatching two of them together. Then you know exactly what pet you will get and it will start over with the 40% chance of getting spritely. That is also cheaper than training them all of the way to epic.

I try to train them so that all ranges are raised equally. Not sure if this matters, but nearly all of my pets that could get spritely have. So it's at least worth a shot.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
Gelwyn wrote:
For the pets you have multiples of, I would recommend hatching two of them together. Then you know exactly what pet you will get and it will start over with the 40% chance of getting spritely. That is also cheaper than training them all of the way to epic.

I try to train them so that all ranges are raised equally. Not sure if this matters, but nearly all of my pets that could get spritely have. So it's at least worth a shot.
Hatch then together how can i hatch to of of my own pets together?

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Equip one Adult pet, have another Adult pet in your backpack and the stand on a solo Hatch sigil.
But it would be much better for you to Hatch with a pet that has already manifested Spritely.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
i bought sea dragon cause i was told the pets you buy there have spritely well i didnt get it i got my cast balance and it never has done that yet and i wanted spritely bad so i have hatched it three times with other pets such as hound or another sea dragons taht have what i want but i only get my same talent i already had except for one got some storm thing but still no spritely personally i think when you pay crowns for a pet they should have spritely on it period, and i have found i have all the school pets cause i have all schools and non have epic slots what is up with that

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
**Hatch then together how can i hatch to of of my own pets together?**

There are single-person sigils in the hatching lab. If you have more than one adult in your backpack (whether they are equipped or not) you can hatch two of your adult pets together.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
bcbdla wrote:
Equip one Adult pet, have another Adult pet in your backpack and the stand on a solo Hatch sigil.

But it would be much better for you to Hatch with a pet that has already manifested Spritely.

I suggested hatching the pets together, because since both pets are original, they can only hatch to give the original talents. Thus, the person would once again have a 40% chance of learning spritely.

Whereas if you hatch with a pet that has spritely, you could wind up with a pet that doesn't even have the possibility of getting spritely. Unless, of course, the pet has the exact set of possible talents.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Blazeninja69 wrote:

are you training them? You have to train them and get them first to teen to gain a talent, then to adult to unlock another talent, then to ancient, giving you yet another talent, and finally to epic, to unlock your final talent. Now, if you have trained your pets all the way to Epic, you have unlocked 4 out of 10 talents that your pet can get. Spritely is only one of the possible talents, so, for each pet that can get spritely, you only have a 40% chance of getting that talent.

Try hatching with a pet that has the talent already unlocked, that will increase your chances. Always fully train your pet, because spritely can be unlocked at any level, even Epic!

Yes, some get it at teen, but not all. So don't just hatch, take to adult and give up, because the pet still might get the talent. Whining and crying wont help you get the talent, but keep trying and perseverance will!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
Gosh something is really wrong with my thunderbirds! I hatched like three thunderbirds and i raised them to adult and ancient! I am really getting mad right now! Does this dark bird even knows sprite?! Answer this question because I am not going to train another thunderbird until this is answer! :evil

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
utley66 wrote:
Same with mine lol. I have the fierce hound at adult (unless it gets spritely at ancient or epic) I didn't get it.

yeah.

My life mage has an epic satyr that never got spritely.

I agree that some pets should have a random chance to get it but a life school pet? It should always get it.

And if a pet is advertised (the fierce hound was) to have a 100% chance of getting it, then it should get it every time.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
My fierce hound got it. In fact, she's the only pet I equip anymore.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I can never get a pet that may cast any sort of blade. Even when I try to hatch for it over and over again I still can't.

I think there should be a way to exchange school pets for completely new ones, because if your school pet has dominant talents you never want then you are pretty much stuck with a pet that is useless for hatching with and are placed at a major disadvantage from there on.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
I leveled up my wyrvento anciant he didnt give spritely, then i leveled my Sea dragon to anciant and again no spritely, Im having the same problem as you, Its horrible !

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I still can never get may cast blades. After 20 or so hatches specifically with different pets each with may cast blades upon them you would think you would get may cast blades on many of your hatches given such a number of attempts, I've gotten it not once.

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
hello fellow gamers, i hope this does not get blocked due to spoiler, but i've figured out the secret to getting spritely. ok you know how when you run your curser over a certain attribute of training(will, strength, speed, etc.), it tells you that something like "It increases defense, mana, and health", well if you move your curser over the thing that looks like a foot it says just what i put there(or something close). I f you train in the game that increases the foot stat( The Game of Dance) you have a much higher chance of getting spritely. Now you might run across other talents based on the other things, like shield or health gift, but just keep trying.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
kckool wrote:
hello fellow gamers, i hope this does not get blocked due to spoiler, but i've figured out the secret to getting spritely. ok you know how when you run your curser over a certain attribute of training(will, strength, speed, etc.), it tells you that something like "It increases defense, mana, and health", well if you move your curser over the thing that looks like a foot it says just what i put there(or something close). I f you train in the game that increases the foot stat( The Game of Dance) you have a much higher chance of getting spritely. Now you might run across other talents based on the other things, like shield or health gift, but just keep trying.

I think that is merely speculatory hear say. The talents seem random to me, as I quite often train up in hopes of one skill and get something completely opposite that has no relation to the ability scores I've worked upon. I see no relationship to my pet experiences and what you have written here.

Survivor
May 09, 2011
I agree with the earlier response with the Dance game increasing your chances of getting spritely. I have the assailing dragon and it received spritely at teen. I love it tremendously. But like all good things it's hardly there when you need it and there when you don't. Especially when you're already at full health! But who's complaining

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Blazeninja69 wrote:

Hey, I heard that if you get will and agility it is easier to get spritely i just trained it today and it worked for my fierce hound it has 58 will and 32 agility (i think thats what it was) just make it will and agility but mostly will and you (will) probably get what you want.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
My Thunderbird does cast Spritely and he obtained this talent as a teen! I was just lucky! For once!
The very best way to get your pet to cast Spritely is to hatch 2 pets which can already cast Spritely!
Look carefully at the talents a pet has before you hatch with that person!
Just keep training and good luck! :D

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
All pets have different powers choosen at random. If a pet can get Spritely then, well it CAN get Spritely, but it is not definate. Your pet may be destined for glory, wealth, and fame throughout the Spiral, or it could be destined for spinning signs on the side of the road to earn some extra dough just to afford your wizard's high rent prices (my little joke there).