Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tempest TC crafting, etc, etc...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
I am posting this with concerns over crafting hat, robes, boots for my Storm in the future. As I am founding out and what many others already know...you can't make a Stormzilla TC without Tempest TC. :( Something in this needs changing. Either change the Storm TC (Stormzilla to Kracken), or add recipe for Tempest TC at Torrence, or sell Tempest TC at Wiz City Library, Krok Library, or Archives. Selling the Tempest TC seems to be less of a programming headache as far as changing recipes would go. I am sure it doesn't stop here with just Stormzilla TC being too difficult or almost impossible to locate reagents to craft it. Heard Centaur has been difficult too but Storm item crafting consisting of Stormzilla TC really is a issue that needs to be addressed. Come on, to make up for the Wild Bolt.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Muisak wrote:
I am posting this with concerns over crafting hat, robes, boots for my Storm in the future. As I am founding out and what many others already know...you can't make a Stormzilla TC without Tempest TC. :( Something in this needs changing. Either change the Storm TC (Stormzilla to Kracken), or add recipe for Tempest TC at Torrence, or sell Tempest TC at Wiz City Library, Krok Library, or Archives. Selling the Tempest TC seems to be less of a programming headache as far as changing recipes would go. I am sure it doesn't stop here with just Stormzilla TC being too difficult or almost impossible to locate reagents to craft it. Heard Centaur has been difficult too but Storm item crafting consisting of Stormzilla TC really is a issue that needs to be addressed. Come on, to make up for the Wild Bolt.

Was this from the recipe vendor in the Crustacean area of CL?

Hero
May 27, 2009
I have gotten a lot of Tempest treasure cards from the wooden chests in Newgate Prison near Office Payne (by the Agony Wraith's hideout). They are not impossible to find.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
The vendors in question are shoe vendor in Stormriven, robe vendor in Science Center, and the hat vendor in the Grotto. And to respond to the statement of getting Tempest from hunting down wooden chests and even hunkering down at the Bazaar in the usually feeble attempt to locate a Tempest for way too much gold, why should I? I didn't have to with other crafted items. Why is this particular wizard's crafted items have reagent(s)/TC(s) that is extremely difficult to either craft. locate, or buy? Why isn't Tempest a spell that can be crafted by Storm wizards that are at least Master Artisans, a recipe available to be bought? I'm already uder the impression that this is a spell that can't be traded to non Storm wizards so it can only be used by the person who crafted it so again, why not a recipe for Tempest so crafting some of these Storm items be easier.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
I have gotten a lot of Tempest treasure cards from the wooden chests in Newgate Prison near Office Payne (by the Agony Wraith's hideout). They are not impossible to find.

Not "impossible", but in comparison to every other class this makes it much harder for storm to craft the gear.

Why is storm being penalized?

I just want a straight answer is all.