Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is there a point to Crafting?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
I have done the crafting quests up to the first two items (Ring of Apotheosis and Duskwind Tunic, I believe). I spent a LOT of time farming and a pile of money camping the Bazaar for regeants. I then got a third item to make and basically gave up, sold all my regeants, and will henceforth never craft again.

I am just wondering if it was even worth it? What can I get from crafting that I can't get anyplace else? I'm afraid I don't see the point.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
ccrashh wrote:
I have done the crafting quests up to the first two items (Ring of Apotheosis and Duskwind Tunic, I believe). I spent a LOT of time farming and a pile of money camping the Bazaar for regeants. I then got a third item to make and basically gave up, sold all my regeants, and will henceforth never craft again.

I am just wondering if it was even worth it? What can I get from crafting that I can't get anyplace else? I'm afraid I don't see the point.

I have found crafting, for me, useful in household items that you can only get via crafting and in the levle 55 gear, which is the best in the game for PvE (my opinion) for certain character types.

Defender
May 17, 2009
ccrashh wrote:

You get...

A) Great equipment that can't be found in drops
B) Awesome housing items and even a crafting house!
C) A very large sense of self satisfaction
D) To brag about being a grandmaster artisan

Survivor
May 06, 2010
Yes i know how you feel. Believe it or not i gave up just like you because I wanted my master artisan badge so badly. But one day i decided " So what these reagents might be hard to get and all, but when i become master artisan i will be able to ctraft anything! " So i went out scavenged for reagents did trial of spheres about 100 times to get a lot of gold, and i finally got my reagents after a week or two. Now that I'm a master artisan just as i thought, i am able to craft many things Including a house. So yes crafting is worth it. Never give up and do your best!
Good Luck!

Defender
May 25, 2009
ccrashh wrote:

Crafting is very good. it can craft you the level 55 gear, which is AWESOME, and waaay better than the Legendary Gear! Its not really that hard, and if you work at it, you'll get the quest done. Ironically, the CL crafting quest is easier in my opinion. All you need is Pearls, which are really easy to speed farm in the Portico, and you're basically done. Maybe a few thousand dollars on Perfect Jades and Vials. So Crafting has a point.

Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
What can I get from crafting that I can't get anywhere else... the answer is, every single item on the crafting recipe list. Carousels, aquariums, clocks, to name some.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
Thanks for the answers - but I don't care about items for my house. Sorry, I am playing a game, not Barbie. As for crafted gear - two questions:

1. Is there a list of the gear that can be crafted?
2. Can I not just buy crafted gear from the Bazaar?

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
ccrashh wrote:
Thanks for the answers - but I don't care about items for my house. Sorry, I am playing a game, not Barbie. As for crafted gear - two questions:

Answers:
1)Yes, on websites like Wizard101 Central( the wiki), reading wht the recipe vendors have in their shop, etc.
2)Depends if anybody is selling them; there are some can buy, and others you can't.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
ccrashh wrote:

Usually there isn't a lot of people that sell their VERY OWN CRAFTED ITEMS.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
After looking over all the crafted gear, currently only the level 55 is better than other gear it's level.

For the amount of effort it takes to make level 55 gear, I wouldn't expect them to show up in the Bazaar.

Hat, boots and robes: for stats, you can just visit the vendors in CL and look over the recipies. Roughly, +600-800 health, accuracy to 90-100%, crit to ~100, +40-60%damage, 15-25 general block, 50-75 school specific block.....for both your primary school and secondary school.

For my death (just made these):
General
Health . . 673
General Block . . 20
...................Death....Life
Accuracy +15% . +9%
Critical . . 100 . . 90
Damage . . 55% . 52%
Sch Block +67 . +67

Please note, this is from my notes, and might be off a tad.