Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Everybody is better then me at Pvp!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
I try to do pvp but i always am defeated. I am level 38 death. and my pvp rating is in the one hundreds. My other wizard level is a level ten thergist and is better at Pvp then my death wizard! My Death wizard is now put against level 10 and under. You may think I can defeat them but they are comanders and captains! Why are ranked matches so unranked for me! Well at least they aren't level 60 privets anymore. I can't complain about that. I even asked a friend who plays and says she can defeat everyone she matched with.The highest she defeated was a level 59 diviner. She is level 10! ( i watched her)Is everyone better then me at Pvp?!?!
Taylor DarkStrider Death
Gabrielle Earthsong Life

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
WilliamHJames wrote:
I try to do pvp but i always am defeated. I am level 38 death. and my pvp rating is in the one hundreds. My other wizard level is level ten life and is better at Pvp then my death! My Death is now put against level 10 and under. You may think I can defeat them but they are comanders and captains! Why are ranked matches so unranked for me! Well at least they aren't level 60 privets anymore. I can't complain about that. I even asked a friend who plays and says she can defeat everyone she matched with.The highest she defeated was a level 59 diviner. She is level 10! Is everyone better then me at Pvp?!?!
Taylor DarkStrider Death
Gabrielle Earthsong Life

William,

Death is one of the hardest Wizards to play in PvP, in my opinion. I tried my Death Wizard, and found that he is not easy to play in PvP (1v1). He is much better in a group, with Fire, Life, etc. My Dad has a life Wizard and he is doing pretty good, when he plays.
PvP is hard, and it is designed to be hard, so don't give up. I lost my first 12 in a row before I won one. Read all the boards and go to Wizard101 central. They have great information that will really help you set up your deck and what clothes, etc. Strategy is the key, and this takes time to learn in the game.
The deck you use and the cards you play are critical in PvP, so it's important you don't use your standard deck setup that you use for general battles.
Anyway, you are as good as anyone else, you just need the experience and knowledge to be better.

Good luck and hope to see you in PvP.
Joseph Lionhunter.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
WilliamHJames wrote:
I try to do pvp but i always am defeated. I am level 38 death. and my pvp rating is in the one hundreds. My other wizard level is level ten life and is better at Pvp then my death! My Death is now put against level 10 and under. You may think I can defeat them but they are comanders and captains! Why are ranked matches so unranked for me! Well at least they aren't level 60 privets anymore. I can't complain about that. I even asked a friend who plays and says she can defeat everyone she matched with.The highest she defeated was a level 59 diviner. She is level 10! Is everyone better then me at Pvp?!?!
Taylor DarkStrider Death
Gabrielle Earthsong Life

PvP is not hard. In fact, PvP cannot be hard by definition.

Why? Because PvP is player vs player, meaning a random John Doe competing in it with AVERAGE skills will have 50% chance of winning. How hard is it to beat the average men/women?

If you play like it's a normal mob fight, then expect to lose. You need to come up with a plan. This is the same deal with everything and anything competitive in real life as well. Ask yourself one question. Why me? Why would I win while others lose? What is my advantage? Once you answer that question learn to push your advantage to the max. Then you move on to a stage where you are good enough to beat the average men and you must compete with the "advantaged" men. Then you must nullify their advantage (that is stage 2).

In layman's terms. What can you Death Wizard do that others can't? For one thing, you can out-heal most people at your level (except Life). Secondly, you have the best damage boosting spell in the game (Feint)! Believe it or not, there ARE PvP players who forgot to train Feint (or choose not to) with their PvP Wizard!

Here's the step by step formula to beating the average men...

1) Go to your local shop/bazaar/crown shop and make sure you are using the best EQ possible. I mean no personal favorite cuts/shapes or anything. Choose the most powerful EQ available. Favor Health/Resist over Damage, favor just about anything over Mana.

2) Arrange your deck, take out useless cards (it takes some intelligence to realize what cards are bad... but try anyways even if you can't do it properly).

There are far more important and advanced tips... But first follow the first two.

There's no way a level 38 should lose to a level 10. My level 16 can barely beat 38s and I am bred for PvP.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
Defender
Aug 11, 2009
WilliamHJames wrote:
Taylor DarkStrider Death
Gabrielle Earthsong Life

Could I battle you? Again and again and again

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010

Could I battle you? Again and again and again

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Depends...... What level are you? ..........What is your rating? ............How much health do you have?......... And do you have restansises?

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Death is prob the worst school at pvp. Their attacks are weak and they cant do much. Thats why you dont see many death wiz doing pvp.

Andrew-Legendary Life, PvP warlord

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
Pvp is alot easier at level 42 now. ( happily I finshed MS and i am in DS.) leveling really helps! Now i just need help with fizziling less with diviner!

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
jokerrules wrote:
Death is prob the worst school at pvp. Their attacks are weak and they cant do much. Thats why you dont see many death wiz doing pvp.

Andrew-Legendary Life, PvP warlord

Well, death is the worst a pvp because each school is good at individual things, the same with myth, there good a pvp, but most bosses are myth, semi good attacks, same accuracy as ice, and bad boosts, and bad clothes, so if you just want pvp, do myth! Take my advice, i've been playing for 4 years, its hard to do quests, low health but good pvp cards, lvl 45 is when conjurers really get good, but its still hard, lvl 54 myth wizard, Dustin battlehand. storm is good at attacking, death is good at stealing, life is good at healing, ice is good at surviving, fire is good at teamwork, and balance is good a boosting, attacking, healing, pvp, and teamwork. hope i helped my fellow players

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010

PvP is not hard. In fact, PvP cannot be hard by definition.

Why? Because PvP is player vs player, meaning a random John Doe competing in it with AVERAGE skills will have 50% chance of winning. How hard is it to beat the average men/women?

If you play like it's a normal mob fight, then expect to lose. You need to come up with a plan. This is the same deal with everything and anything competitive in real life as well. Ask yourself one question. Why me? Why would I win while others lose? What is my advantage? Once you answer that question learn to push your advantage to the max. Then you move on to a stage where you are good enough to beat the average men and you must compete with the "advantaged" men. Then you must nullify their advantage (that is stage 2).

In layman's terms. What can you Death Wizard do that others can't? For one thing, you can out-heal most people at your level (except Life). Secondly, you have the best damage boosting spell in the game (Feint)! Believe it or not, there ARE PvP players who forgot to train Feint (or choose not to) with their PvP Wizard!

Here's the step by step formula to beating the average men...

1) Go to your local shop/bazaar/crown shop and make sure you are using the best EQ possible. I mean no personal favorite cuts/shapes or anything. Choose the most powerful EQ available. Favor Health/Resist over Damage, favor just about anything over Mana.

2) Arrange your deck, take out useless cards (it takes some intelligence to realize what cards are bad... but try anyways even if you can't do it properly).

There are far more important and advanced tips... But first follow the first two.

There's no way a level 38 should lose to a level 10. My level 16 can barely beat 38s and I am bred for PvP.

*Sigh*.

Don't listen to this guy. No offense, but the chances of you winning aren't always 50%. It depends on how tough your opponent is. And yes, pvps CAN be hard. Sometimes you might have to just learn to accept defeat.

On the other hand, if you haven't given up on pvps yet, here are some tips to help you be a more skilled battler:

~ Always deploy shields first thing.

~ Since your opponent will most likely have a wand attack, they will use this to get rid of your shields that you have put up. In this case you may want to wait until they have a lot of pips, to the point where you think they will use a powerful attack. Then deploy a shield on the school of spell you will predict they will use, and it won't do very much damage to you.

~Absorbs are very helpful, if you have any from the life school, or if you are an ice wizard.

~Use blades right before you use a powerful spell, or you might accidentally use them for your wand attack instead. This has happened to me many times.

~ Find out what your opponent is weak to. In other words, use a spell from a school that they don't have defenses set up for.

~One thing i agree on with this guy is: Take out all cards like taunt, as these are useless against other players. Put in the maximum amount of your strongest attacks you can, and make sure to put in many healing spells, as you will need to use these often. Put in an average amount of shields, and put in a lot of blades. Once again, focus on using your strongest attacks to take your opponent down. : :) :

~One thing I always say is: "If you haven't used all of your healing spells, you haven't tried."

~Good luck, and always believe in yourself! :)

Does anyone have any more tips? if you do, please post!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
WilliamHJames wrote:
I try to do pvp but i always am defeated. I am level 38 death. and my pvp rating is in the one hundreds. My other wizard level is a level ten thergist and is better at Pvp then my death wizard! My Death wizard is now put against level 10 and under. You may think I can defeat them but they are comanders and captains! Why are ranked matches so unranked for me! Well at least they aren't level 60 privets anymore. I can't complain about that. I even asked a friend who plays and says she can defeat everyone she matched with.The highest she defeated was a level 59 diviner. She is level 10! ( i watched her)Is everyone better then me at Pvp?!?!
Taylor DarkStrider Death
Gabrielle Earthsong Life

The reason that life student won is cause her opponent was going really easy on her. And death is easy to beat in pvp. But, leveling up helps big time and the chance of winning improves big time when you get past level 20 or 25. But if you cant even beat a level ten I would be laughing (Sorry but I really cant help laughing ). I think you should keep on leveling up so you can have better spells and chances of winning.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
I think i am going to just stop doing pvp. I found out my fierce hound is REALLY good at pet derby! i am almost a captain in that!
What I found out i am really good with pet derby, not pvp. my pet also only heals me in practice (which i like over ranked esspecially with lvls 60 on my team and low lvls on the other.)

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Death is prob the worst school for pvp. Thier attack is low and you can enchant scarecrow, wraith ect.. What you could do is get some good friends and 4v4. Tell all of them to use aoe (attack all eneimies) and you can crow. Its a great way to win.

Andrew, Legendary Life, PvP warlord