Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To All PvP Complainers

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 04, 2010
I am Justin Hawkhammer, Level 30 Magus Sorcerer. Yes, I am a Balance Wizard. So many people are complaining about Judgement. Well, Judgement is fair. I have all the answers to your complaints.

Complaint: I lost to a Balance wizard due to Judgement!
Solution: Even Balance wizards get defeated. I, myself, have been defeated by actually a lower level Life wizard. Just use a different strategy.

Complaint: Make a shield for Balance!/Make a spell to make it weaker!
Solution: There is in fact a shield. Tower shield. Just get it from the Ice School. It lowers its attack by 50%, so if one had full power pips, and attacked, the whole attack would be reduced to 700 damage. Also, you can use other Balance weakeners, like Weakness, Black Mantle, etc.

Complaint: Weaken the entire Judgement spell! It's too powerful!
Solution: It isn't exactly the most powerful. Hydra with the right boosts and traps can actually defeat someone or something as well. It isn't used often, though. Spectral blast can also hit higher with the right blades and traps as well.

Complaint: PvP is not fair! Whoever goes first wins!
Solution: Sometimes it happens. However, I've seen other people win and they go last. They are approximately equal leveled, both teams. It is strategy that basically does the work, not whoever goes first.

Complaint: I keep losing in PvP!
Solution: Okay, it is because of either Poor deck construction(you should have a bit of shields, weak attack spells, boosts, traps, healing spells if you have any, and strong attack spells), or the lack of strategy you have. You may win soon!

Complaint: PvP ruined the game!
Solution: It is an added feature. You don't have to play it. It's not a part of a quest or whatever. It is just a place where you can earn prizes with Arena tickets, or just duel for fun.

Bonus Info: Balance has weak attacks with weak boosts. It is terrible to use in solo, especially when against Malistaire. If you weaken Judgement/make a Balance shield, Balance would have an extremely hard time playing the game. If you want to win a PvP duel, why not just make a Balance wizard yourself?

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Thank you, Tom, this is exactly the point I've been trying to make over the last few months. It's only been in the last few weeks that all the complaints have been getting on my nerves. I am a Legendary Balance student, btw. :)

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Thanks for posting this, Tom. I hope all the PVP complainers out there will read this and realize they don't have to complain. They have really been bugging me for about a month now, and its time someone does something about it. I always think that if worst comes to worst, they don't have to play PVP; its not required. Good post

Rachel RavenTalon, Level 34 Myth

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
PvP isn't always equally leveled one time I had started a new wizard and I was level 6 an the other person was level 13

Tyler DeathWalker, level 23 conjurer

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
Balance is the hardest school to play, to all those complainers, stop it. I have a grandmaster sorcerer and it has been the hardest character to level in any game I have played.

Judgement is so easy to counter! Tower shield, weakness, we cant get rid of those without using ALL OUR BLADES AND TRAPS.

If you want to complain get your facts straight, balance is a support school to (in my humble opinion) so if you really lose to a balance, rethink your strategy. PvP is not like PvE, its 20x harder, and 40x more annoying.