Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lets be Honest. Efreet Rocks!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Don't you just love efreet? I mean, not only does it do more than many of the level 58 spells (i still love all those schools out there), but it does -90% to the next spell!

Just imagine, you're in a PVP, and that storm wizard is about to cast a super powerful, bladed leviathan but then, BAM!
You use efreet, and now when they use that mighty leviathan, it takes away 90% of how much damage it will do!

You've gotta admit, efreet is one spell kicking move!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Your right it is pretty awesome, though I think its a little unfair. Though I guess it is a pretty easy way to stop us balance wizards. Though if I could change it, I would make it steal 1 or 2 positive charms.

Since -90% is almost making an attack negligible, its like a dispel to everything. Though the attack still is casts so I would count it as a 2 pip spell if it were alone. Then the 895 damage is already worth 8 pips. So in a way, Efreet should be a 10 pips spell O. o

Now about my way of changing it. Every school has a little extra ability (Ice = steal shields, Fire = steal positive charms, Storm = Remove positive charms from enemies and remove negative ones from friends, Balance = Non-school specific charms, Myth = Remove shields from enemies and traps from friends, Death = reduce healing and plague, and as far as I know, Life doesn't have a shield/trap/charm manipulation spell yet.) So, with Fire's ability being able to steal positive charms and a -90% charm would fall under balance. That is why I think Efreet should be changed from a massive weakness to stealing one or multiple positive wards (plus the fact of how powerful -90% is.)

P.S. I probably thinks this spell is OP because I have a balance wiz :-P :-P :-P

Dylan Nightshade - Level 60 balance
Myrna Moonriver - Level 30 ice
Tanner Legendhammer - Level 29 myth

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Hahaha. Efeert is awesome but it doesnt stand a chance against death. All they have to do is sacerfice and boom they got health and mega weakness is gone! :-D :-D

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
efreet is the awesomest spell in the hole game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Oh I love Efreet and I am a death wizard :-)- They throw that spell on me, and bam I sacrafice LOL!! Mega health for me, and the -90% gone- to my advantage of corse :-)

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
Oh boy, efreet is so so unfair, how could they make a spell so powerful! They should ban this spell in PVP, change it or just remove in game. wow, you fire wizards dont like that idea do you, lol. I am just JOKING! anyway I am trying to make a point to all those out there who complain about ice and balance, (not those on this post), that all schools have one awesome spell, including efreet! ( which btw does rock), so stop complaining about balance and ice, cause if they change the spells for those schools then they will have to change fire, myth, life, etc...... and you will then just get people complaining about how efreet is unfair because of the -95% part etc.....

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Efreet is Unfair? I use the weakness to my advantage. i use sacrifice lolololololol

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
Your right it is pretty awesome, though I think its a little unfair. Though I guess it is a pretty easy way to stop us balance wizards. Though if I could change it, I would make it steal 1 or 2 positive charms.

Since -90% is almost making an attack negligible, its like a dispel to everything. Though the attack still is casts so I would count it as a 2 pip spell if it were alone. Then the 895 damage is already worth 8 pips. So in a way, Efreet should be a 10 pips spell O. o

Now about my way of changing it. Every school has a little extra ability (Ice = steal shields, Fire = steal positive charms, Storm = Remove positive charms from enemies and remove negative ones from friends, Balance = Non-school specific charms, Myth = Remove shields from enemies and traps from friends, Death = reduce healing and plague, and as far as I know, Life doesn't have a shield/trap/charm manipulation spell yet.) So, with Fire's ability being able to steal positive charms and a -90% charm would fall under balance. That is why I think Efreet should be changed from a massive weakness to stealing one or multiple positive wards (plus the fact of how powerful -90% is.)

P.S. I probably thinks this spell is OP because I have a balance wiz :-P :-P :-P

Dylan Nightshade - Level 60 balance
Myrna Moonriver - Level 30 ice
Tanner Legendhammer - Level 29 myth

Yeah well efreet is so fair because you balance do so much damage in just 2 turns with all the level 58 gear on. So for you balance types stop complaining about efreet because the only thing that can stop you is tower and if you get critical with balance blade and we don't block it even with tower we die so efreet may be one of the best pvp spells and it's good in a fair way. And wildbolt needs to be changed back, and for all the storm wiz out there I am sorry about the change and hope it goes back.

Dylan StrongBlood level 60 pyromancer
Ryan StrongBlood level 36 sorcerer
Hunter StormBlood level 30 diviner
David StrongBlood level 11 conjurer

Historian
May 01, 2010
100% with ya! i love it when they have a HUGE combo up and they break all of it just to get the weakness off(especially ice with the same school wand)

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
The bad part is that with the new patch you will now be able to remove Efreet's special affect.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Efreet is the best spell for pvp it can kill balance and kill death with one attack with critical that's why they are complaining about it cause it's better than ra and death dragon

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
kevinhuynh2 wrote:
Efreet is Unfair? I use the weakness to my advantage. i use sacrifice lolololololol

If you are lucky enough to have it in hand when you need it. and if you are not in the secondary position for it to counter your skeletal dragon.
xD

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
utley66 wrote:
Yeah well efreet is so fair because you balance do so much damage in just 2 turns with all the level 58 gear on. So for you balance types stop complaining about efreet because the only thing that can stop you is tower and if you get critical with balance blade and we don't block it even with tower we die so efreet may be one of the best pvp spells and it's good in a fair way. And wildbolt needs to be changed back, and for all the storm wiz out there I am sorry about the change and hope it goes back.

Did you ever bother to read my post or is all you see "complain, complain, someone wants to weaken my spell, complain." You never said how my math was wrong.

You said the only way to stop us is tower, not true. What about absorb and weakness? You can also use treasures. Now it is true there are less ways t0 defend against then other wizards but did you stop to think that are strongest blade is 25% and yours is 35%. If someone puts a tower up we have to spend 6 pips or waste all of are blades with a wand attack. If you put a weakness on me, the only way to remove it is with a wand, once again removing all of my blades and traps. Whereas with fire wizards, if someone puts a tower up or uses weakness on you, all you have to do is wand it away without wasting any blades (unless you carry a fire wand.)

You said us balance wizards can do a lot of damage in two turns, so I am guessing you mean Ra or judgment. But did you know that fire dragon does more then Ra and efreet does more the a 8 pips judgement.

Ra:
This spell does 580-640, we will use the average of 620.
620*.54=334.8
620+334.8=954.8 (no resist)

FireDragon:
440+351=791
791*.45=355.95
791+355.95=1146(no resist)

Judgment (8 pips):
800*.54=432
800+432=1232(no resist)

Efreet:
895*.45=402
895+402=1265(no resist)

In all of these cases, fire can do more damage then balance. Then you look at efreet, it doesn't do much more then judgment, oh wait though, you forgot about the 90% weakness that balance has to use all of its blades an traps to rid itself of. Don't even bother with critical for fire wizards have a higher or equal critical rating.

Now I could do a really long reason why wild bolt was changed but I wont, Its because wild bolt was meant to be a hail marry spell as in, you are about to die so you use the spell in hopes of killing them. Though people were using it every turn and boosting its accuracy to a coin flip! They changed the spell so now it is a hail marry. Also with all the accuracy boosts that celestia has brought, would make this spell just so broken. Watch, 10% plus 28% from gear is 38%, plus 30% from unstoppable is 68% now add 10% from the star school spell (that I cant spell right now) and you get a two pips spell that does 1650 with 78% accuracy! (added the 65% damage bonus diviners get.)

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
utley66 wrote:

Did you ever bother to read my post or is all you see "complain, complain, someone wants to weaken my spell, complain." You never said how my math was wrong.

You said the only way to stop us is tower, not true. What about absorb and weakness? You can also use treasures. Now it is true there are less ways t0 defend against then other wizards but did you stop to think that are strongest blade is 25% and yours is 35%. If someone puts a tower up we have to spend 6 pips or waste all of are blades with a wand attack. If you put a weakness on me, the only way to remove it is with a wand, once again removing all of my blades and traps. Whereas with fire wizards, if someone puts a tower up or uses weakness on you, all you have to do is wand it away without wasting any blades (unless you carry a fire wand.)

You said us balance wizards can do a lot of damage in two turns, so I am guessing you mean Ra or judgment. But did you know that fire dragon does more then Ra and efreet does more the a 8 pips judgement.

Ra:
This spell does 580-640, we will use the average of 620.
620*.54=334.8
620+334.8=954.8 (no resist)

FireDragon:
440+351=791
791*.45=355.95
791+355.95=1146(no resist)

Judgment (8 pips):
800*.54=432
800+432=1232(no resist)

Efreet:
895*.45=402
895+402=1265(no resist)

In all of these cases, fire can do more damage then balance. Then you look at efreet, it doesn't do much more then judgment, oh wait though, you forgot about the 90% weakness that balance has to use all of its blades an traps to rid itself of. Don't even bother with critical for fire wizards have a higher or equal critical rating.

Now I could do a really long reason why wild bolt was changed but I wont, Its because wild bolt was meant to be a hail marry spell as in, you are about to die so you use the spell in hopes of killing them. Though people were using it every turn and boosting its accuracy to a coin flip! They changed the spell so now it is a hail marry. Also with all the accuracy boosts that celestia has brought, would make this spell just so broken. Watch, 10% plus 28% from gear is 38%, plus 30% from unstoppable is 68% now add 10% from the star school spell (that I cant spell right now) and you get a two pips spell that does 1650 with 78% accuracy! (added the 65% damage bonus diviners get.)
Sry i not very smart so i have NO clue what that means sry :-( But ur right, fire is )in my opinion) better than balance :-)

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Everybody please quit flaming and, being trolls.Efreet is fine the way it is.