Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Point of being a true friend?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
What exactly is different when you become true friends with someone?

I am a true friend with my fiance and my best friend since they both play this game with me.
I haven't noticed one thing different so what is the point really?

Just wondering.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
gotscoolshoes wrote:

I am a true friend with my fiance and my best friend since they both play this game with me.
I haven't noticed one thing different so what is the point really?

Just wondering.
I've wondered the same thing. I can see a point to it if being True Friends allowed for unrestricted text chats (which only the two of you could see). But, as it stands, I don't see a benefit to it.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
That would be nice.
It was so hard to tell my friend to get on a certain instant messanger we use to talk on microphones so we wouldn't have to type and come up with synonyms every line lol.

It was really hard to tell him this without being able to say the name of the program or anything like it.. and without being able to say microphone.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
gotscoolshoes wrote:

:

no difference , what the friend code does is allows you to add a freind while they are not on line useing the one time code they sent you in an email

Survivor
Jul 30, 2008
This is the way I understand "True Friend" code. However, I could be wrong.

The True Friend code is for kids 13 and under who are, by their parents choice, restricted to menu chat only. If they want to engage in filtered chat with friends or family members they can, with their parents permission, exchange true friend codes.

They, still, will not be able to see what other players, who are not true friends, type in filtered chat. In that case, they will continue to see only the dots .....

And anyone who is not a true friend with them will have to use the menu chat to communicate with them.

I hope that made sense. True Friend code is NOT a way to bypass filtered chat and it should NOT be. Wizard101 is a kid friendly game and we should continue to respect that.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
I respect the filter system, but there is no denying that chatting is sometimes hard, especialy when the players have the best of intentions

Survivor
Nov 30, 2008
I agree, it is very difficult to chat with people in this game at times. Especially when you are typing fast and you make a typo, then all you get are dots in the middle of your sentence . For the most part you can find ways around it but honestly, it would be nice if we could at least use numbers!! Or if they are afraid of people useing 1337 speak we should at least be able to spell out numbers. That way I dont have to type "third tea fifth" to say "thrity five"...

Explorer
May 22, 2008
AlphaSpyIvy wrote:
This is the way I understand "True Friend" code. However, I could be wrong.

The True Friend code is for kids 13 and under who are, by their parents choice, restricted to menu chat only. If they want to engage in filtered chat with friends or family members they can, with their parents permission, exchange true friend codes.

They, still, will not be able to see what other players, who are not true friends, type in filtered chat. In that case, they will continue to see only the dots .....

And anyone who is not a true friend with them will have to use the menu chat to communicate with them.

I hope that made sense. True Friend code is NOT a way to bypass filtered chat and it should NOT be. Wizard101 is a kid friendly game and we should continue to respect that.

This is correct.