Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sharing gold between wizards.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
I've recently started levelling a new wizard on an impulse, this meant that I'd pretty much sold all of my good/expensive items on my higher levelled wizard - meaning she has A LOT of gold, which I know can't be 'traded' down.

What I'd like to know, is what is the best item(s) I can buy a lot of, so I can pass them down and sell them on my younger wizard. Any ideas? :D

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
recycledbones wrote:
I've recently started levelling a new wizard on an impulse, this meant that I'd pretty much sold all of my good/expensive items on my higher levelled wizard - meaning she has A LOT of gold, which I know can't be 'traded' down.

What I'd like to know, is what is the best item(s) I can buy a lot of, so I can pass them down and sell them on my younger wizard. Any ideas? :D

Rather than "buy a lot of stuff, pass them down and sell them on the younger wizard", what I do is anticipate what the younger wizard is going to need (like wands, rings, athames, pets). I buy those things for my younger wizard, put them in the shared bank, and the younger wizard can use them. Just be careful not to buy something that says "no trade".

Otherwise, anything I don't need or want to use, I put in the shared bank for my other wizards to pick up and either use or sell it themselves.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
The system is set up to where you'll be cutting your gold by 66%. When you sell items you get one third their current value. The course of action here is, learn your lesson, go farm for a day on your main toon, and then transfer all the items to your new alt through the shared bank for them to sell.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Or just buy the items for your younger character that they will use and put it in the shared bank.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Used to do ALL these things to help new wizards start-up ... now I just play nekkid. Saves a ton of time.