Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Pet! The School Blade Pet

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, we all love our pets, some are good, some are great, but I have an idea for a new and well advanced pet. This would even be good as a new level 58 or 68 school pet!

None of these pets will have any passive talents, only active talents and will get pip o plenty boost off the bat as baby! All pets can have a chance at spritely, spell proof, and pierce train. So, any of these new school pets will have 5 talents!

Ice Pet = +45% IceBlade Card, other talents are, Ice Giver, Ice Shot, Ice Aura, IceBlade, Tower me (+55% Tower shield), &/or Spell Defy.

Fire Pet= +40% FireBlade Card, other talents are, Fire Giver, Fire Shot, Fire Aura, FireBlade, Smoke (May Cast SmokeScreen), &/or Fire Proof.

Storm Pet= +35% StormBlade Card, other talents are, Storm Giver, Storm Shot, Storm Aura, StormBlade, Cleanse (May Cast Cleanse), Storm Proof.

Death Pet= +45% DeathBlade Card, other talents are, Death Giver, Death Shot, Death Aura, DeathBlade, Feinting (May cast Feint), and Death Proof.

Life Pet= +45% LifeBlade Card, other talents are, Life Giver, Life Shot, Life Aura, LifeBlade, Guiding Light (May Cast), and Life Proof.

Myth Pet= +40% MythBlade Card, other talents are, Myth Giver, Myth Shot, Myth Aura, MythBlade, CleanseWard (MayCast), and Myth Proof.

Balance Pet= +30% BalanceBlade Card, other talents are, Pain Giver, Sure Shot, Towered (May Cast Tower), Spell Defy, Bladestorm (May Cast), and Unbalanced.

This is just an idea, so tell me what you think. I know there are DragonBlade Pets, but these have passive talents and give blades that are non-school specific, other than the Crimsonzilla. It would be nice to be offered a choice in the pet, IE, Storm snake, storm bats, Stormzilla, etc for storm, instead of being given just one possible choice, but if need be, but if we have to, then either an all new pet for the schools, or use the 48 pets, with these new cards and talents.

Thank you for listening and please tell me what you think.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I like this idea. But I think the Blade needs to be a 50%. If each school got 50% no one would be frustrated.
Now A days in the game everyone gets mad over everything.

But this is a Great Idea

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
That's brilliant! I have a question though, what would they look like?

P.S. 50% blade? Nah

Armiger
May 10, 2010
mmaakk wrote:

P.S. 50% blade? Nah

Well, I did not state any looks, because that would be up to KI. However, it would be great if we could have a choice.

Fire: Heck Hound, FireZilla, Fire Bats, Fire Cat, Dragon, or an Oni!

Ice: Polar Cat, Ice Snake, Ice Bats, SnowMan, Collossus, Ice Hound, or FrostZilla!

Storm: Bats, Storm Hound, Damp Demon, or Stormzilla!

Death: Ghost hound, Fierce Hound, Wraith, Bats, Blue Ghost, or The Incanthe thingy!

Life: Centaur, Seraph, Frost Angel, Satyr, Fairy, or a Unicorn!

Myth: Cyclops, Minotaur, Troll, or an Orthrus!

Balance: Scorpion, Crab, Judgment Lady, or Hydra!

Yes, these are just a few ideas of what they could be. A choice would be nice, but I guess I could always state what I want them to be if I had to!

Fire: FireZilla
Ice: Polar Cat
Storm: Damp Demon
Death: Ghost Hound
Life: Centaur
Myth: Minotaur
Balance: Judgment

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
This is an awesome idea. If I'm following this right, the pet gets pips, 1 of the available to all schools spells (chance of any one of these - spritely, spell proof, pierce train), and a mix of 3 of the school only talents. This would provide a great incentive for folks to complete all the game and school quests too.

I have a question though, if we get the pet and don't like a specific talent (say you got pierce train and wanted spritely), how would you work hatching to get the talent you wanted? Would hatching be locked to a set grouping or would everything be up for grabs? For instance if you hatched the pet with a sea dragon to get spritely, could the talents from the sea dragon only be manifested in the available to all schools spells or would you potentially lose one of your school only spells? Just trying to figure out the mechanics of how we could hatch the new pet with older 4 talent pets!

The only other issue I can see is that people have spent a lot of time, gold, and crowns hatching pets with purchased gift card pets to get talents they want. And KI gets a lot of revenue from the sale of the gift cards. So if we remove the incentive to buy gift cards, by getting a pet that now gives 5 talents instead of 4, KI won't be very happy. We would, but KI wouldn't. So KI, maybe now would be a great time to unlock the ability to get more talents as has been hinted at in the past? Or maybe there would be a whole new line of gift cards with pets that give 5 talents? Yeah, I like that idea!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Aritako wrote:
This is an awesome idea. If I'm following this right, the pet gets pips, 1 of the available to all schools spells (chance of any one of these - spritely, spell proof, pierce train), and a mix of 3 of the school only talents. This would provide a great incentive for folks to complete all the game and school quests too.

I have a question though, if we get the pet and don't like a specific talent (say you got pierce train and wanted spritely), how would you work hatching to get the talent you wanted? Would hatching be locked to a set grouping or would everything be up for grabs? For instance if you hatched the pet with a sea dragon to get spritely, could the talents from the sea dragon only be manifested in the available to all schools spells or would you potentially lose one of your school only spells? Just trying to figure out the mechanics of how we could hatch the new pet with older 4 talent pets!

The only other issue I can see is that people have spent a lot of time, gold, and crowns hatching pets with purchased gift card pets to get talents they want. And KI gets a lot of revenue from the sale of the gift cards. So if we remove the incentive to buy gift cards, by getting a pet that now gives 5 talents instead of 4, KI won't be very happy. We would, but KI wouldn't. So KI, maybe now would be a great time to unlock the ability to get more talents as has been hinted at in the past? Or maybe there would be a whole new line of gift cards with pets that give 5 talents? Yeah, I like that idea!

Great, a real thought out question! Okay, as far as hatching goes. If you hatch and get the spell blade pet, you get to keep the pips talent at baby, that is an automatic given talent. However, if you combine your pets, with pets such as Sea Dragon, or other school pets, you do mix the chance of talents as with any other pet. This would also keep the hatching process going and people can mix and match the talents until they can get exactly what they want and how they want it.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
darthjt wrote:
mmaakk wrote:

P.S. 50% blade? Nah

Well, I did not state any looks, because that would be up to KI. However, it would be great if we could have a choice.

Fire: Heck Hound, FireZilla, Fire Bats, Fire Cat, Dragon, or an Oni!

Ice: Polar Cat, Ice Snake, Ice Bats, SnowMan, Collossus, Ice Hound, or FrostZilla!

Storm: Bats, Storm Hound, Damp Demon, or Stormzilla!

Death: Ghost hound, Fierce Hound, Wraith, Bats, Blue Ghost, or The Incanthe thingy!

Life: Centaur, Seraph, Frost Angel, Satyr, Fairy, or a Unicorn!

Myth: Cyclops, Minotaur, Troll, or an Orthrus!

Balance: Scorpion, Crab, Judgment Lady, or Hydra!

Yes, these are just a few ideas of what they could be. A choice would be nice, but I guess I could always state what I want them to be if I had to!

Fire: FireZilla
Ice: Polar Cat
Storm: Damp Demon
Death: Ghost Hound
Life: Centaur
Myth: Minotaur
Balance: Judgment

Hmmmm... nice ideas. I love these ideas.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Ok, I've got a couple more thoughts on this one to help develop the idea. First, you called this the school blade pet, but the the guaranteed talent is pips, not a school blade. Shouldn't the extra powered stackable school blade be the guaranteed talent, similar to the dragon blade pets? Not that I want to lose pips mind you, just asking. Maybe call the it the pip pet? (Nah, sounds funny.)

Maybe if the blade is the guaranteed talent, you should move pips into the available to all schools category and you always get 2 talents from the all schools category and 2 talents from the school specific category. Another idea might be to have the school blade and the pips both be guaranteed, one at baby and the other at teen. Or KI could give us both at baby and make this a 6 talent pet! Yeah, I'm being greedy, I know. But it can't hurt to wish right? LOL, I want it all!

Secondly, this wouldn't work for a level 58 pet since we already have our 58 spells, but the level 68 is workable. However, it might be better suited to a level 88 spell. And no, I really don't want to wait that long for such a pet, but it would take KI a bit of time to develop and write this one. And it would fit symmetrically time wise with getting our level 48 spell pets. KI, you really don't have to listen to my thoughts on that one!

And lastly, let's help KI out by thinking ahead to developing hybrid pets from these newly designed school pets. What thoughts do you have for hybrids from these?

I'd like to see some that were truely unique, not just a color change from the previous pets. Some that had truely unique talents would be nice. I would think it would be easier to to develop totally unique hybrids and only have to come up with 7 pets that way. With the level 48 pets, you can mix 2 pets and come up with 2 possible hybrids (for instance mixing helephant with colosuss will give you either the Ice Oni, or the Inferno Colosuss). The new hybrids would have to have talents that would benefit either wizard and maybe a look that would match it's heritage. Hmm, can you imagine a saytr with a minotaur head? LOL! Anyway, just wanted to get the creative thoughts flowing on this one.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Aritako wrote:
Ok, I've got a couple more thoughts on this one to help develop the idea. First, you called this the school blade pet, but the the guaranteed talent is pips, not a school blade. Shouldn't the extra powered stackable school blade be the guaranteed talent, similar to the dragon blade pets? Not that I want to lose pips mind you, just asking. Maybe call the it the pip pet? (Nah, sounds funny.)

Maybe if the blade is the guaranteed talent, you should move pips into the available to all schools category and you always get 2 talents from the all schools category and 2 talents from the school specific category. Another idea might be to have the school blade and the pips both be guaranteed, one at baby and the other at teen. Or KI could give us both at baby and make this a 6 talent pet! Yeah, I'm being greedy, I know. But it can't hurt to wish right? LOL, I want it all!

Secondly, this wouldn't work for a level 58 pet since we already have our 58 spells, but the level 68 is workable. However, it might be better suited to a level 88 spell. And no, I really don't want to wait that long for such a pet, but it would take KI a bit of time to develop and write this one. And it would fit symmetrically time wise with getting our level 48 spell pets. KI, you really don't have to listen to my thoughts on that one!

And lastly, let's help KI out by thinking ahead to developing hybrid pets from these newly designed school pets. What thoughts do you have for hybrids from these?

I'd like to see some that were truely unique, not just a color change from the previous pets. Some that had truely unique talents would be nice. I would think it would be easier to to develop totally unique hybrids and only have to come up with 7 pets that way. With the level 48 pets, you can mix 2 pets and come up with 2 possible hybrids (for instance mixing helephant with colosuss will give you either the Ice Oni, or the Inferno Colosuss). The new hybrids would have to have talents that would benefit either wizard and maybe a look that would match it's heritage. Hmm, can you imagine a saytr with a minotaur head? LOL! Anyway, just wanted to get the creative thoughts flowing on this one.

Ok, the school blade is a card, like any other pet that gives a card. The Blade is guaranteed at baby! However, yes, I did add in an additional talent at baby, the Pip O' Plenty talent. Like the Level 48 Pets, they get this talent at teen, I just gave them this talent at baby instead, allowing 4 other talents to be unlocked, making the pet a 5 talent pet plus card!

Now, with Hybrids, I will leave that to the creators of KI, because they have done an excellent job so far, this was just an idea for a new and better pet for tomorrow and for all wizards and their respected schools. You could even have them given at completion of Celestia now, with a meeting of Ambrose, telling him what Morganthe said. Ambrose tells us of the dangers ahead and say that we all must be on guard and ready for her next new challenges. He sends us to our respected school teachers who then give us the school pet and tell us to train them for they will be a great help with the challenges to come!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
Aritako wrote:

I totally think this is a great idea.... :-o and like.... there is no such thing as lvl 68.... so um... go get dang facts straight.......

There's only ONE new world that goes to LEVEL 60. which is CELESTIA.

Seriously, learn stuff folks, kinda thought it was obvious

Survivor
May 29, 2009
sounds like your wanting to much. and why dont we just get school lvl 58 pets liek a leviathan pet or something?

ryan ashhunter lvl 60 storm ryan hawkthorn lvl 60 life ryan soulcatcher lvl 58 death

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Thanks for the clarification Darthjt! It is a great idea for a new pet. I was getting carried away and excited by the possibilities of such a pet. But as always, I trust KI to come up with something awesome.

And yes chantelle798579, I am well aware that the current level cap is 60 and ends at Celestia. The whole point of posts in the dorms section is to provide ideas and suggestions for the future, things that we would like to see happen in the updates. Very obvious indeed. Thanks.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
lololo235 wrote:
sounds like your wanting to much. and why dont we just get school lvl 58 pets liek a leviathan pet or something?

ryan ashhunter lvl 60 storm ryan hawkthorn lvl 60 life ryan soulcatcher lvl 58 death

I would love for KI to make it like leviathan, just not sure how that would work, since we don't get to see all of leviathan.

The main purpose of my post is to give KI new ideas for school pets or pets in general that will help each and every school. I did not state what each pet should look like, because I am in hopes that KI has a few great ideas and is just wondering what talents to give their new pets!

Survivor
May 16, 2009
er, this is a good idea, just there is already a balance pet that gives a +30% card and its the talented piggle...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Rinaching wrote:
er, this is a good idea, just there is already a balance pet that gives a +30% card and its the talented piggle...

Yes, we know about the talented piggles and all the pets out there right now with the dragonblade card. These pets are great, however, when you wand or attack in any way, it uses your card. These boosted blades are specifically for your school and can be greater than 30%.

Also, notice the listed talents each pet may get, much better than any talented piggle can get. This is for the higher levels, such as 60 or higher.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
Ummm you know you get a pet at lvl forty eight right? I think the lvl is to soon and i would ratherr have a lvl 48 prt than this.