Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pushing the Envelope...

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
To all the folks who are frustrated with Celestia...

All I can tell you is that you can solo most if not all of Celestia. I did it, many others have as well. I have also done it with a large variety of wizards. If you post some info about your wizard, his secondary spells, etc, perhaps I can help you form a strategy. The best single piece of advice I can give is, use star spells for defense with occasional shields, and hit as hard and as fast as you can. I prefer more defensive classes, such as Ice and Life, but even with those, if you spend too much time shielding, you'll get behind the curve and its pretty much over.

Use fortify right off the bat and kill the weakest guy as quickly as possible, preferably before you heal. Abandon boosts that take pips such as elemental blade and the like until you get down to one guy. Get access to biggest enchantment cards you can (such as monstrous), boost your 2 to 4 pip spells and cast a lot of them, right away. Its more damage per pip than your big spells. Once you get it down to one on one, heal and shield and you'll find it becomes manageable again.

Make a side deck strategy... having a plan for your side deck that meshes with your main deck is just as important as having a main deck. Try to put one category of spell in the side deck so you can use it when you need it. For instance, with classes that have weaker spells, such as ice, put enchanted versions of your attack spells in your side deck and set your main deck just for shielding, healing, and boosting. That way, you can attack whenever you have enough pips by simply doing a discard and draw.

That's the best advice I can give you sight unseen. I'd be happy to help more if you post detailed information about your configuration, such as class, gear stats, learned spells, etc... I know that its tough at first, and it certainly can be frustrating. But try to keep this in mind (and I'm serious, this helps me get through my personal frustration), man has survived and thrived on the planet not because he specializes but because he generalizes. That single fact makes us perhaps the most adaptable species on the face of the earth. Remembering that fact can help you get through every challenge and struggle in your life.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009

I think KI gears the game so the MAJORITY of the players can succeed. That means there is a MINORITY at either end unhappy because of difficulty or lack there of. I also believe if adjustments are made they are needed per customer feedback. If more cannot than can succeed KI stands to lose a bundle.

Superwiz1560--Please don't give up! It truly does get better later in the game. I struggled so hard in the early parts of CL. The collecting quests drove me crazy. I still think those drop rates need to be tinkered with. Do look at gear, deck setup and perhaps after a few battles and no collecting try switching realms.

Megan

Thing is it seems there are a majority of us that dont like the lower lvls joining battles in the upper zones but KI refuses do address that issue, but to little too late i cancelled my subscription because of that and several other issues they REFUSED to address. Gonna find a better game to go to.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
boominn wrote:

I think KI gears the game so the MAJORITY of the players can succeed. That means there is a MINORITY at either end unhappy because of difficulty or lack there of. I also believe if adjustments are made they are needed per customer feedback. If more cannot than can succeed KI stands to lose a bundle.

Superwiz1560--Please don't give up! It truly does get better later in the game. I struggled so hard in the early parts of CL. The collecting quests drove me crazy. I still think those drop rates need to be tinkered with. Do look at gear, deck setup and perhaps after a few battles and no collecting try switching realms.

Megan

Thing is it seems there are a majority of us that dont like the lower lvls joining battles in the upper zones but KI refuses do address that issue, but to little too late i cancelled my subscription because of that and several other issues they REFUSED to address. Gonna find a better game to go to.

I was referring to adjustments to game difficulty.

I wish KI would address the porting issue. I feel it is creating a huge problem within the game community. I was happy when Professor Falmea did her Feedback Friday on that issue. I really hope they are seriously working it. They are in a tough position because players are accustomed to freely porting. Hopefully they will address it.

There is a great post on wizard101central.com about all the KI has done in response to players suggestions and concerns. They do listen. Do they do EVERYTHING we want? No and that is their right.

Megan-Formerly Firefan02

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
i really really really dont like celestia either, its my least favorite world so yah dont feel left out. i still am on that first quest to collect items from the enemies in survey camp. i farmed for two weeks and gave up and i was so excited about celestia since i first heard about it so it was a real bummer. i am level 54 now but it is helping friends with dungeons and not from my own quest

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Once I made it level 52 Balance, I was able to solo most of the rest of the game. I still can't defeat any of the bosses solo. I am thankful I hooked up with my old buddy that helped me through Kroktopia, and he got me through a bit of work. I also made friends with folks doing the same quests and we just worked on them together. Of course, I made it to Celestia when it finally went live, so the majority of us were all working on the same quests. It took me a while to figure out that the majority of the enemies need to be taken down about half their health within two rounds. If you have the right equipment, you can start off with 2 power pips, which helps. I don't know if it is possible to get more than that, maybe when they open up the next world, we'll get to have 3 power pips to start. But I remember the first time I was up against those crabs in the Survey Camp, I got hit by a Firezilla by one of them, and the next hit me with a Firezilla. How does one survive that? And that was when I figured it out about the health, though after MANY failed battles. So now when I am battling the CL enemies, I hit as hard as I can, as fast as I can. For the most part, it works for me.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Superwiz1560, I highly doubt that you can't beat most of Celestia with friends. Well, the only place I didn't have trouble with was The floating land. I think Kingisle was giving us a break at the floating land! And, even my level 7 life friend beat pisceans with me and didn't get damaged at all, and he leveled like 3 levels!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Delver
Feb 25, 2010
In another post, a person said that family-friendly does not necessarily mean "easy". How long do you think you would last if all quests were like the ones in WC? If bosses were all as easy as Nightshade (I think that's his name). Do we not play for the challenge of it? To better ourselves in the game, to have bragging rights. I have tried other online games. WoW and LOTRO were so difficult for me to play, I still haven't figured out if I got them downloaded or not. I love W101. I can actually play this game, and there are ways to challenge yourself outside of battles. I love a challenge, and I won't back down from one, and I would be willing to bet that a lot of us are the same way. If I can't beat a boss the first time, I'll keep going back and vary my strategy. If you're using this game as a social club to hang out with folks, then might I suggest other websites for that?

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
Superwiz1560, I highly doubt that you can't beat most of Celestia with friends. Well, the only place I didn't have trouble with was The floating land. I think Kingisle was giving us a break at the floating land! And, even my level 7 life friend beat pisceans with me and didn't get damaged at all, and he leveled like 3 levels!!!!!!!!!!

fluffy112 wrote:
It's people like this that made Dragonspire what it is now

Really? You highly doubt it? Have you played my character? Do you fight like I fight? Do you have my exact same cards? My exact same deck? My exact same clothes when I was a Grandmaster? My exact same unreliable friends with THEIR exact same fighting styles? Do you have my exact same Treasure Cards? My exact same secondary school? My exact same crappy luck?

If you can't answer yes to ALL of those questions, PIEISGREATYA, you have no right to reprimand me about Celestia, friends or no friends. You haven't been through what I've been through, so back off until you have. :x

And fluffy, I said in the OP that I didn't like complaining. I HATE complaining about stuff on W101, so do you really think that I'd run to the forums and make this post if I didn't give 110% in the early levels of CL? I only make complaints when I have an extremely good reason.

And by the way, people did not make Dragonspyre the way it was. Kingsisle did. KI could have easily ignored the cries of us players and kept DS the way it was, losing both player and a huge amount of money in the process (hint, hint). But they didn't. They tended to the majority and made Dragonspyre completable for EVERYBODY, not just those with crowns or super-luck.

And by the way, since I made the OP, I've finished Celestia. It wasn't easy. I had my up moments and my down moments, but I managed to finish it, so you Negative Nellies no longer have anything to rib me for. If you want, Professors, you can lock this thread. There's no more need for it.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
And by the way, since I made the OP, I've finished Celestia. It wasn't easy. I had my up moments and my down moments, but I managed to finish it, so you Negative Nellies no longer have anything to rib me for. If you want, Professors, you can lock this thread. There's no more need for it.

LOL, see? We told you you could do it.

Be happy, you've made quite an accomplishment.

Iridian, Scarlet, Rowan.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
I have to say, this is silly. I loved the difficulty of Celestia, and the easy worlds *cough cough*, Moosu, irked me. Don't like it? Quit. To Kingsisle? Loved it.

Taryn

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
ok take a deep breath and think. what are you doing wrong? celestia is a nightmare if you dont approach it at the right angle.

Really? I'm the one doing something wrong? I'm at my prime for Pete's sake!

After stealing Malistaire's sweet cloak, I could do stuff I thought was super hard in other worlds with my eyes closed. I just got the Emerald Champion and Dragonspyre Master badge in the same day and soloed the Great Spyre up to the Crown of Fire just to grab the last stone rose (no spoiler, sorry).

40% power increase
58% defense increase

And I just got my Giant card (Fire and Storm are the best schools for Sun, by the way).

How many other angles are there to approach it at? You must know something I don't, because even with all this, I'm still struggling to inch my way through the District of Stars.

Forgive me if I sounded too indignant and whiny. I'm very tired and very very irritated. :(

Jack Fireheart Level 53 Pyromancer

I completed Celestia a few weeks ago, at level 59. I had help for Test of the Spheres, and the insanely hard "cheating" bosses, but for the most part, I was soloing. I am an ice wizard, and have a Life legendary as well, so I knew what to expect. Shields were the answer for me. Even though you get that weird room text from bosses and may miss a turn when you shield, do it anyway. Buy gargantuan and monster treasure cards, load them into your deck, and plan your attack. Ask for help, buy a few crowns for henchmen (I only buy level 60 life, because she heals the daylights out of me), and be prepared to die a few times. Patience is a necessity in Celestia!

Quick question-how did you solo all the way to the last stone rose? Don't you need more than just you to get past the crystals? I would love to solo Malistaire, and if there's a way to get through it alone, please let me know.

Erin Ice Weaver, Legendary Ice Wizard, Grand Master Gardener, Grand Master Artisan :D

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Loreis04 wrote:
Quick question-how did you solo all the way to the last stone rose? Don't you need more than just you to get past the crystals? I would love to solo Malistaire, and if there's a way to get through it alone, please let me know.

Erin Ice Weaver, Legendary Ice Wizard, Grand Master Gardener, Grand Master Artisan :D

KI re-did Malistaire a couple updates ago so that there is now only one crystal and you don't have to defeat the draconians that guard the doors at the same time anymore. The specifically did it so that it can be soloed. :D