Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prism-Shield Relation

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I hate that when I place a Prism, t's able to be cancelled out by a Shield. Has this ever happened to you?

Place a Fire Prism on a Fire monster, he uses Ice Shield, you use Phoenix, expecting massive damage, but because of the Ice Shield, the damage is measely.

Half the reason I use Prisms is to BYPASS those shields. Can KI please do something about this, because it's getting on my nerves. >:-(

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I hate that when I place a Prism, t's able to be cancelled out by a Shield. Has this ever happened to you?

Place a Fire Prism on a Fire monster, he uses Ice Shield, you use Phoenix, expecting massive damage, but because of the Ice Shield, the damage is measely.

Half the reason I use Prisms is to BYPASS those shields. Can KI please do something about this, because it's getting on my nerves. >:-(

If a fire-to-ice prism is placed before the ice shield, the fire spell will ignore the shield and use the prism. If you are late in placing your prism, and the foe already has an ice shield, you will activate the last placed first (the prism) then trip the shield.

It is a matter of player timing, and the game does play last on, first used.

So, the way to hadle this is to improve your play so you get the spells ordered correctly. By the way, a fire school wizard should carry an ice wand, so that timing isn't an issue, prism blocked by a shield, use the wand to blow it down, leaving the prism.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
There are actually 2 solutions here.

The first is the simplest and contributes to the second. The order shield/prisms are placed determines which element the shield sees the spell as. For example, if my pyromancer throws a prism on a fire type, it can throw as many ice shields as it wants but they will all recognize the spell as a fire type. If I put the prism on top a of an ice shield, though, then the shield will recognize it as an ice spell.

That brings us to solution number 2. Your wand should in most cases be for your opposing school. This allows you to knock out the shield without setting off your prism or any of your traps or blades in general.

One final note is to be sure lay any traps after your prism or they won't work.

Explorer
May 13, 2010
Falius wrote:
One final note is to be sure lay any traps after your prism or they won't work.

The traps that are for the same magic as prism must be placed after to be counted not the universal traps like feint,20 up(death),30 up(balance). I am a necromancer and use these often have done it every way possible to see after first time traps were not counted. Just to clarify.