Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Ice Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I think that ice should be at least a little better. I mean, i thought the ice blade was never gonna come! You should move ice blade like to krokatopia where you get the frost bite thing you should switch the frost bite with ice blade and come up with something cool for the lvl 38 spell like ice hound or something like that, that way marleybone will be easier and you wont have to call for help as much! :-)

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
2 words

Tower Shield

No need for all of that. Ice is a defensive school and it is fine the way it is, in my opinion.

If you think in terms of of the game
Ice is a tank
Life is a healer
all other schools are DPR (damage per round)

Tank is the school that takes most of the damage, absorbs, and taunts for others in their group. If Ice and Life and on other school get together there is no stopping them. Ice will have all the targets attacking them. Life will be healing Ice while the other school will kill the enemies. It is simple Game mechanics and how the schools were designed. If they were to change ice it would change its overall appeal and be the only choice because it can do more damage faster and take a lot of hits. it would be unstoppable, in my opinion.

I hope this helps.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I have an idea for a new ice spell. It's called hypothermia. But to make it even i had to edit the spell idea to make it fair. I does 850 damage to self but 2,500 to target.
I will describe it: the sky gets cloudy and starts snowing, then a giant blue hand with icicles hanging from it. Then it punches the ground and then a the animation for the earthquake spell but ice come torwards target and hits hime. But the blast hits so hard that it harms the caster.

i hope it makes it on to the game!

Blaze Darkvault

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Ice is a little on the weak side, and trust me I play almost every school except fire which i just started on. I can say and I know a lot of people that will play all schools would agree leveling ice is the hardest school to level due to a lot of the messed up way that ice works out.

With ice blade you got remember with life also we have the best blade +40% ice damage, and everyone else is like 35%.

While you can't get ice blade in krokotopia you can get something just as nice it will cost you 1 training point and you have to be level 25 it is elemental blade, and guess what now you have your elemental blade and an amazing damage over time spell frostbite which is great for taking out bosses or single targets.

I myself believe ice needs a lot more shielding spells. Because if you consider life, life is a healing school and they have 8 healing spells. While ice has a lot of mixed match shields, like what is the point in ice armor now that we have frozen armor. Tower shield is nice but everyone else has it. Legion shield is cool no problems with that. Stun shield is ok but is put in the shadow of conviction. So really ice doesnt have a nice shield that ice can call its own for the benefit of the ice player which makes playing it a little bland, if we get a new ice spell i hope it is some shield that they make so others school can't train it.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
Gemstones wrote:
I have an idea for a new ice spell. It's called hypothermia. But to make it even i had to edit the spell idea to make it fair. I does 850 damage to self but 2,500 to target.
I will describe it: the sky gets cloudy and starts snowing, then a giant blue hand with icicles hanging from it. Then it punches the ground and then a the animation for the earthquake spell but ice come torwards target and hits hime. But the blast hits so hard that it harms the caster.

i hope it makes it on to the game!

Blaze Darkvault

fire has a weaker version of this. immolate, does 250 damage to self to do 600 damage to target.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
danton1983 wrote:
2 words

Tower Shield

No need for all of that. Ice is a defensive school and it is fine the way it is, in my opinion.

Ice is a tank
Life is a healer

Tank is the school that takes most of the damage, absorbs, and taunts for others in their group. If Ice and Life and on other school get together there is no stopping them. Ice will have all the targets attacking them. Life will be healing Ice while the other school will kill the enemies. It is simple Game mechanics and how the schools were designed. If they were to change ice it would change its overall appeal and be the only choice because it can do more damage faster and take a lot of hits. it would be unstoppable, in my opinion.

I hope this helps.
well said, I Agree fully with you

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
danton1983 wrote:
2 words

Tower Shield

Ice is a tank
Life is a healer

I hope this helps.
Pardon? Balance does not have a DoT spell. Ice does. Myth only gets one per battle unless they use reshuffle and still they have a hard time finding it. And death is meant to debuff enemies not damage per round. Damage per round is fire's job. That's why heckhound proves to be the dominant DoT besides storm hound which is very rare. And storm can do massive damage without storm hound.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
danton1983 wrote:
2 words

Tower Shield

Ice is a tank
Life is a healer

I hope this helps.

Actually, you would need a school with good attacks, I would recommend Storm, Fire, or Death. Now, Think about these four, Ice taking damage, Life healing Ice and Storm, Storm killing the guys, Death helping Storm plus healing him/her self! Now that's unstoppable!