Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Asking for Gifts

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 24, 2009
if that kind of thing happens to you, simply:

. report them
. ingnore them
. switch realms so they don't report you back

P.S. switch steps 1+2 if you can't do that fast enough

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
cameron225 wrote:
I have noticed this a lot, I had a friend who, right after I told them I got crowns, asked me for some $7000 crowns item (7000 in crowns, not realy money). I told them I couldn't cause my parents made it so I couldn't gift (even if it was enabled I wouldn't give it since I don't know them really). They just said change the settings and to gift them it! I would not ever do something like that without permission from my parents, even if I knew the password. Well they kept bugging me about it and I can honestly tell you it got worse before it got better (if it got better at all that is), they started getting mad at me! I really wish something could be done besides ignore but I doubt it will happen with all KI does for us to make a wonderfull game. Well thanks for letting me vent :P :D

UPDATE: yesterday I was online and in dragonspire doing some quests, when some random person comes up, here's how it went:

Random Person: hi

Me: hello

R.P. : can you gift me something?

Me: I'm sorry I don't have crowns, and I don't know you

R.P.: but you have a crowns hat and a permenent mount, so you should have crowns

Me: I HAD crowns, but I spent them. *walks away and switchs realms*

It may have been short but it was totally, completely, ANNOYING. Do people really expect someone to gift tham something?!?!

You did the right thing by walking away and switching realms.

I have had the same thing happen to me with someone wanting me to gift them a mount or gear from the crowns shop. Of course, I tell them no that I don't have the crowns to do it with and it is too hard for me to get crowns to begin with.

I did what I saw another person post here. When I did have crowns to buy gear with, I bought it for one wizard and passed it down to the rest of them. Now both of my legendaries are wearing mostly crafted gear with the exception of one still using "Striders of the Verge" for the Satyr and my life wizard was recently gifted a "Lifeforce Blade" which I did not ask for nor would I even consider asking any of my friends or even strangers for such things. I am an adult and am very aware of the economy and know very well how hard it is for people to be able to even buy crowns for themselves let alone gift to strangers.

The whole issue is getting very annoying. I see it everyday that I am on and it is mostly in the Wizard City areas.

Granted I am sure that a lot of the gifting issue is from kids whose parents can't afford to buy crowns and I am sure that some of them are old enough to be able to do odd jobs in their neighborhood or even for their parents to earn their own money for crowns. At Least that is how my kids got their extra spending money.

I have in the past been asked for user and password for which I IMMEDIATELY reported this person to KI.

What should i do in this situtation when someone gifts me things with out me asking?
Alexis Redcloud, ice wiz, lvl 29

That says to me that someone thinks you are a really great friend. You know you did not ask for those gifts (which you can reject) so be free of a guilty feeling. Accept them and continue playing and helping your friends in the game. The rewards are for the kind of person someone believes you to be. And good for you that you put your children first. I am the same way. I have a grand daughter and grandson that my husband and I have guardianship of. They come first. When we have fulfilled that responibility, then maybe I can purchase crowns now and then, but not before. (Unless I win the Lottery) LOL not likely as I don't play the lotteries.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
Historian
May 01, 2010
McLightning wrote:
I just turn off text chat. Ignorance is bliss.

what happens when someone actually needs them to help? what happens when they think you are ignorring them? a recipie for desaster

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I and as I can see many other players are disturbed by this RUDE behavior.
Frankly I don't care if the parent or whatever won't buy them crowns or they do not have the funds to buy thier own. Sorry about their luck But Kings needs to adress this issue head on! Make it an offence thats reportable once and for all and allow players some space to again enjoy this lovely game. Every time new items come into the game we have BEGGERS come out in droves its VERY annoying it always has been and will be ANNOYING!

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
McLightning wrote:
I just turn off text chat. Ignorance is bliss.

what happens when someone actually needs them to help? what happens when they think you are ignorring them? a recipie for desaster

...I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Other players can see whether or not you have text chat on, so I doubt anyone will misconstrue my lack of a response as me ignoring them.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
wow something happened and i have been waiting to see the outcome.
i added a young wizard to my list and they began to bug me about gifting.
when i asked them about the real dollars thing they said yea your suppose to.
it spreads the wealth.... i thought to myself the "kid has been watching too much TV.

so the next thing i do is ask to speak to their mother and if she says ok then i would consider it.

it seems i spoke to mother as the syntax was different and the spelling was good.
after i explained what happened she apologized for the behavior
and after we talked the kid went off line.
name is still in my list but i have not seen the young wizard since.
It has been a few weeks now
and i am still waiting to see name light up on my list.