Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Peak at the Wiz 101 future?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
I joined after Dragonspire addition but before Celestia addition. Since then I've seen a couple of additions (Gardening and Celestia). But what I've seen some other games do is talk about future additions they are working on. Some short term future and others long term. I know sometimes there are unique features that some come up with and don't want to leak it out. I don't blame them. Perhaps, a January look into the crystal ball into the future of what ideas KI is exploring. Even hints would be nice. Maybe even a vague time-frame of what will probably come out.

Thanks,

Wolf Ashwalker
Legendary Theurgist
Grand Master Artisan
Grand Master Gardener
Spiral Class Traveler Extraordinaire

Survivor
May 02, 2009
A peak at the Wiz101 future is short, any soloing in game stops in celestia. Soon free to good home four Grandmasters and two Master wizards. All have homes except one; one even has the epic mansion. I was able to solo all but Malistair only because it was required to move forward even though I would have rather done them solo. My subscription expires in May and I believe by then I will have found another mmorg that allows a single player to progress through the game without having to bother other players and have other players bother them.
I have said in other post that I love this game, however that was because I could progress solo even when I died three or four times I knew I could get it done, now being defeated 10 to 15 times without even a chance of moving forward is a waste of my time. My time is worth a lot more than setting there and being wiped out after three rounds. I also have two children that will be ending their game play at that time, one has already stopped playing. I expect KI to reimburse me for the Crowns that will be unused at the end of my subscription.
So the good news is KI won’t need to add additional realms because, I believe there are other players that feel the same way I do, I have spent countless hours reading the message boards and the fan sites and, I hear the same thing, this is no longer a family friendly game it is trying to compete with WOW, and the like which is a lost cause.
I do appreciate a good challenge however; this is beyond a challenge and has become a waste of time. Thank you for the first two years, and I wish you the best with the rude customers that will remain. And I caution parents to read the message boards and fan sites before spending the kind of money, I have on this game only to be disappointed.

Zachary Waterthief Grandmaster Theurgist
Edward Waterheart Grandmaster Necromancer
Edward Waterthief Grandmaster Conjurer
Edward Iceslinger Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
Sorry to hear you are having problems soloing. I've soloed almost everyone. I've died several times but I've moved through. Just finishing up the Crab Empire in Celestia. For me I had to completely retool my spells for battle. No longer could I continually stack traps and blades. I had maybe two I could do and then unleash my spell. It was harder at first but as I got the right combo and equipment it became much easier. Now at level 60 I'm flying through the little battles, having no problem with most bosses. But, I'm staying. I don't think Celestia is geared to younger audiences (younger then tween) anymore.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
waterman46 wrote:
A peak at the Wiz101 future is short, any soloing in game stops in celestia. Soon free to good home four Grandmasters and two Master wizards. All have homes except one; one even has the epic mansion. I was able to solo all but Malistair only because it was required to move forward even though I would have rather done them solo. My subscription expires in May and I believe by then I will have found another mmorg that allows a single player to progress through the game without having to bother other players and have other players bother them.
I have said in other post that I love this game, however that was because I could progress solo even when I died three or four times I knew I could get it done, now being defeated 10 to 15 times without even a chance of moving forward is a waste of my time. My time is worth a lot more than setting there and being wiped out after three rounds. I also have two children that will be ending their game play at that time, one has already stopped playing. I expect KI to reimburse me for the Crowns that will be unused at the end of my subscription.
So the good news is KI won’t need to add additional realms because, I believe there are other players that feel the same way I do, I have spent countless hours reading the message boards and the fan sites and, I hear the same thing, this is no longer a family friendly game it is trying to compete with WOW, and the like which is a lost cause.
I do appreciate a good challenge however; this is beyond a challenge and has become a waste of time. Thank you for the first two years, and I wish you the best with the rude customers that will remain. And I caution parents to read the message boards and fan sites before spending the kind of money, I have on this game only to be disappointed.

Zachary Waterthief Grandmaster Theurgist
Edward Waterheart Grandmaster Necromancer
Edward Waterthief Grandmaster Conjurer
Edward Iceslinger Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Your complaining because you couldn't solo some of the Celestia bosses? This is a game where people work together, you have a friends list for a reason.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
I am a tween and i disagree. wizard 101 not competing with WOW but trying to make challenges for teenagers. wizard 101 does not expect kids to deafeat celestia without a lot of help in fact, the family friendly part is the main quest worlds and not cl. teenagers need challenges so they made cl.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
I agree with hdragonsna I also soloed it all the way through Celestia. Once I got used to the minions battle styles I altured my fighting style and ended up finishing celestia. I admit sometimes it was really hard, but it is still can be done solo. I can't wait till the next chapter comes out. :D

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
Actually, my comment about tween was about younger then tween. I've got a little guy that plays. He was the main reason that we started playing. He likes the pets, houses, decorations, and casting spells. He is in Marleybone now. Gets a little frustrated with tactics in order to win battles. Wizard 101 has lost his interest unless I play with him to help him out. But it requires that I'm helping him out by organizing his deck and teaching him spell tactics (stacking up buffs before casting the damaging spell). As you advance through the Spiral your tactics must change to accommodate the power level and number of foes you face.