Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So I should sell everything in the Bazaar?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Someone told me once that in every case its a better deal to sell items in the bazaar. Is this true? Should I never use a 'normal' shop but always sell in the bazaar?

On the flipside, is the same true for buying? Should I buy everything I need in the bazaar as well or are some of the 'local' vendors going to have the same items cheaper?

Thanks for your help!

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
I normally sell all my stuff at the bazaar because he gives me more money then the regular shop people so I would suggest it.

As for buying it depends if that item you want is in demand if it is it will probably cost more gold but if less in demand it will cost less then at the shopkeepers.

Fiona FairyBreath
Level 31 Magus

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
Definitely sell at the Bazaar. More money to be had when selling your wares. As for buying I found that when I was lower level I would buy my stuff at the shop keepers. Shop keepers don't have the "best" gear but usually have good gear. At higher levels I found that the Bazaar is the only way to go for buying gear.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Bazaar always gives more money when selling, but you can pretty much only buy in bazaar cause the vendor gear stats are terrible in comparison to drop/bazaar clothes of the same level.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Survivor
Oct 20, 2010
kakitadaiymo wrote:
Someone told me once that in every case its a better deal to sell items in the bazaar. Is this true? Should I never use a 'normal' shop but always sell in the bazaar?

On the flipside, is the same true for buying? Should I buy everything I need in the bazaar as well or are some of the 'local' vendors going to have the same items cheaper?

Thanks for your help!

i have a runed hood that sells for 250 at a shop in the shopping disrtict
but i went to the bazaar and it can be sold for over 1000
so yeh
def. the bazaar

Adherent
May 20, 2010
For selling to, the Bazaar offers at least the same price as the shops do. The only time things should be sold to the shops is if the Bazaar won't buy them (i.e. "No Auction").

For buying from, the Bazaar generally has lower prices, but there might be exceptions.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Definitly! I had one hat that I got offered around 300 gold for from Zeke, but when I went to the Bazaar, I was offfered almost 3,000 for it! HUGE difference!

Rachel RavenTalon, Level 34 Myth

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The general rule of thumb is "Sell at the Bazaar, buy elsewhere".

The Bazaar's prices vary based on the supply and demand - however, in 99.9% of the cases, the Bazaar will pay more for your goods than you would get by selling the items to a normal shop keeper. Keep in mind that that's not including the items that say "No Auction" - those MUST be sold to a normal shopkeeper, as the bazaar won't accept them.

However, the bazaar not only offers high prices when purchasing stuff from you - it also has high prices when it is selling you items! 95% of the various items found in the bazaar will be cheaper if you locate a shop that sells the same item; in particular, the reagents that are sold by the various crafters through the spiral are a repeat offender of this case (Coal can cost a few dozen gold in the bazaar, based on supply, but only costs 5 or 6 gold at the craft vendor literally right outside the bazaar).

Keep in mind, though, that because the Bazaar is Player-stocked (meaning that the items you sell to the bazaar will be available for someone else to buy), you can find a LOT of items - gear in particular - that you cannot locate anywhere else outside of lucky drops or quests.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Yes, sell everything at bazaar, and yes, buy everything at bazaar. If it says no auction, sell it at a normal shop keeper.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
yes i sell all my stuff there exept stuff i cant sell like i got a really cool robe but it was storm only and i went to a regular vendor and they said the would give me 700 coins so i went to bazaar and he said he would sell it for 2000 and thats why i sell all my things there

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
The Bazaar is good for getting better prices for your unwanted stuff. If you have items that are no sell/no trade items, then shops are usually your only option. I was a magus, trying to save up for my first pet hatch, before I realized I could have gotten more bang for the buck at the bazaar, rather than selling to Zeke.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
I think i told you this.I am hunter firebreath in the game level 60 pyromancer but i told you this bazaar thing because it true i filled my back pack almost too a 120 yesterday and sold it at the bazaar I nearly got a hundred thousand back i need about for thousand more.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
Bazaar always gives more money when selling, but you can pretty much only buy in bazaar cause the vendor gear stats are terrible in comparison to drop/bazaar clothes of the same level.

I totally agree with everyone that bazaar is the best place to sell your gear and other stuff, however things sell for more expensive prices.
I usually don's buy any of my stuff except for wand and deck. The rest I just wait until i get a good drop then equip it.
Hope that helps,

58 balance

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
well i sell all my stuff there i get better gold, the downside 2 selling there is that not evrything is avaible to auction. Buying, granted the gold prices are higher but they have like EVRYTHING SO much stuff that the bazaar has the stores do not. So if ya can buy it in the store if the ydont have it bazaars the best bet