Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting for profit?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Greetings!

Fairly new player here. I have messed around a bit with crafting, mostly to complete the initial quests. It seems to me that at my level (20), crafted gear is just about as good as what I can just buy in the bazaar (if not worse) and costs a lot more in materials. It seems like I could just sell all my crafting mats and buy what I need in the bazaar.

Is this right? Is crafting more a 'fun' side game versus something to make money at? Or am I going about it all wrong? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Until Celestia, the general feeling appears to be that the gear dropped from NPC's is better than the gear you can craft. I do not sell reagents at the Bazaar until I have 900+ of a given item in inventory. Becoming a Grandmaster Craftsman requires THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of certain reagents. Even then, I use the TRANSMUTE recipes to make rarer reagents whenever possible ... the money is significantly better ... usually. Crafting furniture and other housing items provides items non-crafters cannot get, so there is the "unique" aspect driving many crafters.

With the exception of die-hard pvp, the game can be comfortably played without purchasing ANYTHING.

As for making money, crafting IS profitable. Is it as profitable as simply farming bosses and selling their loot? No. It takes less time to simply farm NPC's than it does to gather the raw materials needed to craft.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
kakitadaiymo wrote:
Greetings!

Fairly new player here. I have messed around a bit with crafting, mostly to complete the initial quests. It seems to me that at my level (20), crafted gear is just about as good as what I can just buy in the bazaar (if not worse) and costs a lot more in materials. It seems like I could just sell all my crafting mats and buy what I need in the bazaar.

Is this right? Is crafting more a 'fun' side game versus something to make money at? Or am I going about it all wrong? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

You will craft nothing of any value until you reach GrandMaster Artisan as far as Gear and Clothing is concerned!

You can though, craft great household items!

LoL oh I can be laughing, or could mean lots of luck! lol