Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

There is no cheating in the PvP Arena.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Hello all. I'm here to impress upon you a simple fact: regardless of how many people whine, kvetch, complain, and post about how whatever-it-is-they're-whining/kvetching/complaining/posting-about is cheating, there is no cheating.

First of all, let the record show that KingsIsle has not actually banned any strategies in the Arena.

Now, there are two arguments that can be made to refute this, but both are invalid.

The first argument concerns Chain Stunning. Well, you wonder, if Chain Stunning isn't cheating, why has KingsIsle taken steps to make it harder? The proof that it isn't violating their rules is right there: they've only made it harder. Chain Stunning is an incredibly powerful strategy, and in this game, power has limiters set on it. Think of it like a Spell dealing 2000 Damage needing a lot of Pips and having low Accuracy; you've got to make it hard to cast to balance that power out.

Now, the second argument (along with the rebuttals) is this: hasn't KingsIsle taken away the Trade of Enchanted Treasure Cards? Yes. Doesn't that mean that using powerful off-School Spells is cheating? No. Here's why: while that move may have made that harder, the powerful Pets, Crown Gear and Level 50+ and Level 56+ Amulets together make for an array of powerful off-School Spells that are reusable (in fact, a tiny part of me believes that KingsIsle took away those Trades so people would have to spend real-world money to get those Spells [but that's only a TINY part, mind you]). Ah, but you say, those are for Wizards of high Level who would have earned those Spells long ago were they of that School. Maybe so - for most of it. Certain Pets and expensive Gear let you get those Spells very early on. Also, anyone with (I think) about 1200 Gold can go to the Bazaar and buy a Heckhound. Minion prices vary, but you can get them there as well.

All right. So, we've confirmed that you can't cheat by breaking KingsIsle's rules because the rules are either ironclad or nonexistent. Therefore, the only way you can cheat is by violating an unspoken code of morals. Right? Well, you can't really even do THAT.

Before we start here, I'd like to say that someone has actually cited the Geneva Conventions while arguing this point with me. Now, the thing is, "Wizardry" and "Video Game Battles" are not covered under said Conventions (and secret violations of the Conventions are common in wars. That's what "black ops" actually are).

Also, codes of moral conduct vary from person to person and culture to culture. In the West, what do we think of sparing someone who surrendered? How about surrendering? The first is great, and the second is acceptable.
Now let's look at another code of moral conduct. Say, Bushido? Yeah, that'll work. Follow Bushido? You don't spare someone, and you sure as heck don't surrender (in WWII, the Japanese followed a twisted [note: TWISTED] form of Bushido that said that surrender made you inhuman; this is why American captives got treated so poorly).

In other words, what's acceptable to you may not be to your opponent, and vice versa. Without a standardized code of moral behavior (and there's no way in HECK you can do that), the argument that these strategies are cheating due to immorality is incorrect.

That's all they are. Strategies. The Judgement method of powering up and blasting away? All it takes to defeat is a little strategy, a bit if timing, and access to the most rudimentary PvPer's Spells: Tower Shield and Weakness. Chain Stunning? What, the limiters KingsIsle already set aren't enough? Then DANG, these people are good if they can Chain despite all that. Dispells? Please. KingsIsle deliberately added them in - oh, same with Beguile.

Well, there you have it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, you can't teach an old dog "new tricks"! So, when they are too old, best thing to do is take them out to pasture and put them out of their misery!

FoxFyr, once again, you and your nonsense has stopped a Hot Topic! Because of your meaningless jibberish! You say alot, but none of it has any meaning. You could try to sound a little intelligent, but you don't! You sound like a little child trying to get everyone to pay attention to her!

Let me make this perfectly clear! Low Levels using Polymorph was cheating in PvP, therefore, level restriction was placed on them!

Spamming WildBolt with new Celestian Gear, was making Storm to be Overpowered, so WildBolt had to be changed!

ChainStunning was getting out of hand, so stun shields were put in place!

Are you not smart enough to understand that KI is not out to lose money by banning people? KI is trying to keep their subscribers, make things even, balanced, and "Fair"! I know that word has little meaning to you, but try for once to have some moral value, instead of being a spoiled rich kid!

You, can state until you are blue in the face, and I hope you are, because I will start calling you smurfette instead, that there is No cheating, but anyone with any common sense or intelligence can plainly see that there is!

KI does not make changes for nothing! KI listens carefully to the players, decides what is fair and what is not and changes things accordingly. Yes, it takes KI time, because there is a lot of things that has to happen before these changes can and will be made. You say you are so smart, but you really don't get these type of situations do you?

So, this is my final post to your long winded and useless posts! Thank you ever so much for your opinion! Have a nice Day!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
thank you. finally something we both agree. its innovative strategy.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Well, you can't teach an old dog "new tricks"! So, when they are too old, best thing to do is take them out to pasture and put them out of their misery!

FoxFyr, once again, you and your nonsense has stopped a Hot Topic!

My nonsense? Last time I checked, you were the one who spouted vitriol at anyone who disagrees with you.

Because of your meaningless jibberish!

"Meaningless?" It's full of meaning; some just don't acknowledge it (like you). Also, it's spelled "gibberish."

You say alot, but none of it has any meaning.

Already refuted. Also redundant.

You could try to sound a little intelligent,

Indeed you could.

but you don't! You sound like a little child trying to get everyone to pay attention to her!

First of all, I AM A GUY. MALE. Secondly, you're the one who yells at everyone you meet online. And I'M pining for attention?

Let me make this perfectly clear! Low Levels using Polymorph was cheating in PvP, therefore, level restriction was placed on them!

It wasn't "cheating" per se, but rather "too powerful for their Level." Notice how more powerful Spells require you to be higher and higher Levels?
Oh, and a powerful opponent to face IS A RISK EVERYONE WHO ENTERS THE ARENA TAKES.

Spamming WildBolt with new Celestian Gear, was making Storm to be Overpowered, so WildBolt had to be changed!

Again, that's "overpowered," not "cheating."

Limiters on a power. As I said.

Are you not smart enough to understand that KI is not out to lose money by banning people?

KI is trying to keep their subscribers, make things even, balanced, and "Fair"!

And KingsIsle has completely negated... no PvP strategies.

I know that word has little meaning to you,

Fair? No meaning for me? Gee whiz, I guess I should just give up arguing about Judgement and let the whiners have their way! I should just let them scream for Judgement to deal 50 Damage per Pip! Obviously, it can't be fair as it is, because I'm defending it!

but try for once to have some moral value, instead of being a spoiled rich kid!

Let's make a few things clear. First of all, you're saying that I place no value on morals? Every single time you enter an argument, your first step is make extremely uncalled-for intelligence-based insults directed at anyone who you disagree with. Secondly, I belong to the middle economic class, as many of the players do.

You, can state until you are blue in the face, and I hope you are, because I will start calling you smurfette instead,

Smurfette (that's a name, so CAPITALS) is a girl. I therefore cannot be called that.

that there is No cheating, but anyone with any common sense or intelligence can plainly see that there is!

By "common sense," of course, you mean "assuming that everyone is an idiot and that something has to suit you to be fair."

KI does not make changes for nothing! KI listens carefully to the players,

You didn't look at the poll about the changes to Wild Bolt, did you?

decides what is fair and what is not and changes things accordingly.

And KingsIsle has yet to remove Stuns, change those powerful X-Ranked Spells, remove Lunar Spells... you get the point.

Yes, it takes KI time, because there is a lot of things that has to happen before these changes can and will be made. You say you are so smart, but you really don't get these type of situations do you?

Oh really? it takes KingsIsle time? Wow! Uh, I knew that. Oh, and one more thing. You'd think two years would be long enough to decide to remove Stuns and weaken X-Ranked Spells. And it is long enough. And yet, KingsIsle hasn't changed their current Damage level or state of existence.

So, this is my final post to your long winded and useless posts!

Does this mean your insult-laden spewing will cease? Oh joyous day!

Thank you ever so much for your opinion! Have a nice Day!

Sheesh. For one who claims to be so well educated, your typemanship is full of glaring errors.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
ROFL

My apologies smurfette! I did not know you were a boy! You whine and cry like a little girl, so I assumed! That was wrong of me!

As for my stand on Wild Bolt, you have obviously not been following that post very well, but I would not expect you to know anything about things you post on, including proper grammar and capitalization!

So, before you ever decide to correct me, or anyone else on this matter, get yourself straight, because you have more posts on the message board with incorrect grammar and capitalization than Wizards101 has wizards!
(slightly overexaggerated, but not highly) Check your past posts for proof!

As for me, yes, I do question someones intelligence when they post nonsense and whine and cry over things that are completely obvious.

As for Judgment, I have challenged and made of fun of anyone thinking that it is overpowered and not balanced. Same as anyone that thinks there should be no Balance dispel!

Keeping this going, anyone that thinks Ice is too overpowered, when what they really want to complain about, is the fact that arena gear has not been updated!

Some have complained that normal treasure cards, healing, and shields in PVP is cheating. Yes, I make fun of these posts and belittle the poster, why? To try and make them stop wanting to post this crazy stuff! Some people just throw anything out there without any facts, or figures! Some want everything handed to them on a silver platter!

Some will do anything it takes to win! And you will by no means avoid the fact, that Polymorph was cheating! Chain Stunning is cheating! It takes no skill and is not hard to chain stun! Once again, see my posts on this issue! It is very very easy to do! No skill required! Once again, KI did listen and at the time, all they could do was add in stun shields. Of course, people always look for the advantage! So, when someone seen that earthquake can remove those stun shields, it became the new big, I can easily win! Oh yeah, because you are so skilled! No, because you can cheat and have no morals! No, KI is not going to ban this, because they don't want to lose money, but give them time, I think they will change it to an aura instead of shields!

I don't even know why I am responding to you, I guess it's cause I am sorry that I thought you were a girl, but you give off that impression through your posts and by your name. lol

Seriously though, think before you post, because apparently you have no idea what my views are or why I do anything that I do! I am not a bully, I am an avenger. I bully people like you that pick on other people, that criticize how people spell, type, use grammar and capitalization, when you yourself post improperly! Hypocrite!

Fix your own faults before you try and fix others!

I personally like what I see in my mirror!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
FoxFyr wrote:
darthjt wrote:

My nonsense? Last time I checked, you were the one who spouted vitriol at anyone who disagrees with you.

"Meaningless?" It's full of meaning; some just don't acknowledge it (like you). Also, it's spelled "gibberish."

Indeed you could.

but you don't! You sound like a little child trying to get everyone to pay attention to her!

First of all, I AM A GUY. MALE. Secondly, you're the one who yells at everyone you meet online. And I'M pining for attention?

It wasn't "cheating" per se, but rather "too powerful for their Level." Notice how more powerful Spells require you to be higher and higher Levels?
Oh, and a powerful opponent to face IS A RISK EVERYONE WHO ENTERS THE ARENA TAKES.

Are you not smart enough to understand that KI is not out to lose money by banning people?

Fair? No meaning for me? Gee whiz, I guess I should just give up arguing about Judgement and let the whiners have their way! I should just let them scream for Judgement to deal 50 Damage per Pip! Obviously, it can't be fair as it is, because I'm defending it!

Let's make a few things clear. First of all, you're saying that I place no value on morals? Every single time you enter an argument, your first step is make extremely uncalled-for intelligence-based insults directed at anyone who you disagree with. Secondly, I belong to the middle economic class, as many of the players do.

You, can state until you are blue in the face, and I hope you are, because I will start calling you smurfette instead,

Smurfette (that's a name, so CAPITALS) is a girl. I therefore cannot be called that.

that there is No cheating, but anyone with any common sense or intelligence can plainly see that there is!

By "common sense," of course, you mean "assuming that everyone is an idiot and that something has to suit you to be fair."

And KingsIsle has yet to remove Stuns, change those powerful X-Ranked Spells, remove Lunar Spells... you get the point.

Yes, it takes KI time, because there is a lot of things that has to happen before these changes can and will be made. You say you are so smart, but you really don't get these type of situations do you?

Oh really? it takes KingsIsle time? Wow! Uh, I knew that. Oh, and one more thing. You'd think two years would be long enough to decide to remove Stuns and weaken X-Ranked Spells. And it is long enough. And yet, KingsIsle hasn't changed their current Damage level or state of existence.

Sheesh. For one who claims to be so well educated, your typemanship is full of glaring errors.

The one thing i agree on is that polymorph treasures were out of control. Other than that its innovative strategy. darthjt ur starting to cross the line here. now lets all relax and take a deep breath and act like adults here. well at least u to. now its all innovative strategy. personally innovative strategy is how war is.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:
FoxFyr, once again, you and your nonsense has stopped a Hot Topic! Because of your meaningless jibberish!
You say alot, but none of it has any meaning. You could try to sound a little intelligent, but you don't! You sound like a little child trying to get everyone to pay attention to her!

Are you not smart enough to understand that KI is not out to lose money by banning people? KI is trying to keep their subscribers, make things even, balanced, and "Fair"! I know that word has little meaning to you, but try for once to have some moral value, instead of being a spoiled rich kid!

You, can state until you are blue in the face, and I hope you are, because I will start calling you smurfette instead, that there is No cheating, but anyone with any common sense or intelligence can plainly see that there is!

KI does not make changes for nothing! KI listens carefully to the players, decides what is fair and what is not and changes things accordingly. Yes, it takes KI time, because there is a lot of things that has to happen before these changes can and will be made. You say you are so smart, but you really don't get these type of situations do you?
So, this is my final post to your long winded and useless posts! Thank you ever so much for your opinion! Have a nice Day!

Well this is very.... horrible I guess, for lack of a better word. I can honestly say this post made me mad when I first read it, now I just feel annoyed. I have understood FoxFyr a lot, yet you make no sense at all. As for all the "lkid comments WILL PEOLE STOP SAYING KIDS ARE ANNOYING OR WHATEVER! My best friend gets C+s to B-s (at her good subjects) in school and talks in text and I understand her when she speaks! When I read your post now that's ABSOLUTE gibberish. Thanks for making me get annoyed. (Cause its hard to make me annoyed enough to type something like this)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Foxfyr,

I swear, you could be my Smurfy long lost brother.!

I gave up on this thread a week ago. It started angry and continued to devolve from there.

Thanks for the morning chuckle,

Iridian/Rowan/Scarlet/Alexandria/Moira

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Indeed you could.

The one thing i agree on is that polymorph treasures were out of control. Other than that its innovative strategy. darthjt ur starting to cross the line here. now lets all relax and take a deep breath and act like adults here. well at least u to. now its all innovative strategy. personally innovative strategy is how war is.

*Sigh* Right. From now on, I won't respond to insults.

Well, just this once. darthjt, in regards to my former *ahem* grammatical misadventures, I have - well - reformed. As you can tell. Also, regarding my name, I had originally intended to use "FoxFire," but it was taken. So, I got... innovative with the spelling, shall we say.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
Cheating will be banned...
Not banned = Not Cheating...

In fact, KI adjusted the spells and introduced counters as a way of saying "ok, stop whining...". In fact, adjusting the spell is their official Seal Of Approval to the strategies.

Imagine that Murder is illegal (shouldn't be hard, because it is)... Would a court simply say "Well, if you kill someone with a... Pen... it's ok."? No. The courts will simply outlaw murder all together and make it a crime. If KI thinks TC are cheating then they would've stopped it's usage in PvP with a simple update. If KI thinks Chain-stunning is cheating... They would have either removed the spell or let it be un-chain-able (1 turn immunity after stun).

They choose to make the strategies "harder" to accomplish but decisively NOT to ban them. What does that tell you?

Quit whining about losing and just win... I don't see why that's so hard for people?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:

FoxFyr, once again, you and your nonsense has stopped a Hot Topic! Because of your meaningless jibberish! You say alot, but none of it has any meaning. You could try to sound a little intelligent, but you don't! You sound like a little child trying to get everyone to pay attention to her!

there is no cheating in pvp thats all part of the game that KI yet us do. plus fox (sry i forgot your name) has post that have a point you i not sure about. all im saying is that this post IS true and not useless.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Yingu wrote:

In fact, KI adjusted the spells and introduced counters as a way of saying "ok, stop whining...". In fact, adjusting the spell is their official Seal Of Approval to the strategies.

Imagine that Murder is illegal (shouldn't be hard, because it is)... Would a court simply say "Well, if you kill someone with a... Pen... it's ok."? No. The courts will simply outlaw murder all together and make it a crime. If KI thinks TC are cheating then they would've stopped it's usage in PvP with a simple update. If KI thinks Chain-stunning is cheating... They would have either removed the spell or let it be un-chain-able (1 turn immunity after stun).

They choose to make the strategies "harder" to accomplish but decisively NOT to ban them. What does that tell you?

Quit whining about losing and just win... I don't see why that's so hard for people?

You know, I am starting to find you people that post on here quite amusing! The old saying, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and tastes like a duck, it probably is a duck! You can call it a chicken, a turkey, a bird, or anything else you like, but it does not and never will change the fact that a duck is a duck!

I know a lot of you find it hard to follow my posts, I will try and use more lamens terms for you simple folk!

Murder is Illegal, you are correct! However, people at one point, tried and quite successfully I might add, used temporary insanity as a defense. This worked to a point, but however, it became known that this was being used and abused, therefore, standards were put in place.

This can be put in reference or in exchanged for chain stunning. KI did put stun shields after a stun was placed on your opponent! Then, someone discovered a weakness in that 4 stun shields! Earthquake! So, they used that to continue their murderous ways! It is up to the courts, meaning KI to stop this vicious and illegal activity! It is a defense like temporary insanity that is becoming overused and outdated!

Then, people want to continue to say, that if you cheat, you will be banned! And if you are not Banned, then you never cheated! Does this make you feel better for using your wicked and evil ways? Polymorph is for higher levels. Was meant for use at higher levels, and was abused by wicked and evil wizards in the PvP arena with low level wizards! They gave their low level wizards such a high powered Card, to make them Powerful against other wizards of their levels! This, was cheating! Hence, KI made level restrictions for these spells! No, KI did not ban people because they did not see how corrupt the PvP Wizards are! They are ruthless and evil, but they are part of the Wizarding World and the fact that they pay money helps!

Now, if you can't see the truth, you are too blind by your evil ways! I feel sorry for you, because you will never know love, or friendship!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
darthjt wrote:

I agree, haven't you heard the saying "misery enjoys company"?

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Yingu wrote:

Thank you. This is precisely what I was saying.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Yingu wrote:

You know, I am starting to find you people that post on here quite amusing! The old saying, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and tastes like a duck, it probably is a duck! You can call it a chicken, a turkey, a bird, or anything else you like, but it does not and never will change the fact that a duck is a duck!

I know a lot of you find it hard to follow my posts, I will try and use more lamens terms for you simple folk!

Murder is Illegal, you are correct! However, people at one point, tried and quite successfully I might add, used temporary insanity as a defense. This worked to a point, but however, it became known that this was being used and abused, therefore, standards were put in place.

This can be put in reference or in exchanged for chain stunning. KI did put stun shields after a stun was placed on your opponent! Then, someone discovered a weakness in that 4 stun shields! Earthquake! So, they used that to continue their murderous ways! It is up to the courts, meaning KI to stop this vicious and illegal activity! It is a defense like temporary insanity that is becoming overused and outdated!

Then, people want to continue to say, that if you cheat, you will be banned! And if you are not Banned, then you never cheated! Does this make you feel better for using your wicked and evil ways? Polymorph is for higher levels. Was meant for use at higher levels, and was abused by wicked and evil wizards in the PvP arena with low level wizards! They gave their low level wizards such a high powered Card, to make them Powerful against other wizards of their levels! This, was cheating! Hence, KI made level restrictions for these spells! No, KI did not ban people because they did not see how corrupt the PvP Wizards are! They are ruthless and evil, but they are part of the Wizarding World and the fact that they pay money helps!

Now, if you can't see the truth, you are too blind by your evil ways! I feel sorry for you, because you will never know love, or friendship!

Wow I have to comment. First off Darthjt, I really dont understand how you or anyone else can find FoxFyr's post confusing. It makes perfect sense to me. He is correct is saying the "issue" was an overpowered issue not a cheating issue. You may disagree, but plz keep your posts respectful of the others opinions. I do not find Foxfyr's post to be insulting or obnoxious, yet a lot of what you say in your post darthjt is demeaning and insulting towards another person. If you dont agree say so, but dont insult people. I for one found foxfyr's posts to be intelligent and well thought out. I may or may not agree with him and can state that, but no need to call people names. It is obvious that there is disagreement on a lot of issues in the game. I found Foxfyr's posts to be interesting and I generally get where he is coming from. On the other hand, I respect those who disagree with him, but draw the line when your disagreement just turns into an insult- fest aimed at only bringing someone down. Keep posting your opinions, but stop the insults, it only makes you seem intolerant of others and what they have to say.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
FoxFyr wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Indeed you could.

*Sigh* Right. From now on, I won't respond to insults.

Well, just this once. darthjt, in regards to my former *ahem* grammatical misadventures, I have - well - reformed. As you can tell. Also, regarding my name, I had originally intended to use "FoxFire," but it was taken. So, I got... innovative with the spelling, shall we say.

FoxFyr dont fret,lol and dont let the insults get you down. I am glad to see that you just ignore the insults ( rightly so), and just keep posting your opinions. I find your posts highly thought out and intelligent, and not at all long winded and useless. I may disagree( which I dont), but would not stoop to insults to make my point. Keep on posting. If we disagree folks lets state that, but stop using insults; as I stated before, it only makes the poster look immature.