Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rude pvp players

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I actually looked up NOOB in the dictionary LOL! I got called a noob so much I wanted to know what I was, and this is what a noob is.. It is NOT a newbie which is a new person..

A noob is someone unwilling to learn. I find it hilarious now when I beat somoeone in pvp and they call me a noob- seems like they are the noob if I just beat them- maybe they should learn from me.. lol :)

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Hey in your settings you can BLOCK pvp chat.

If you ignore the "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" rule then I highly suggest you enable that option in your game settings.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
Runeraem wrote:
minigiant9 wrote:
jameslc99 wrote:
I like the pvp system. There are only a few complaints i can point out. But now i am sick and tierd of my major complaint. Rude pvp players! I go into duels and there is always some one improvising for cuse words! Yes i report them, but it is just a warning to them. And they dont seem to care. If i lose a duel, they always say GG, which in my opinion is rude. Great you won, you have to show off? And then the kids that play ( younger them 13) are using cuse words, but improvising! I am starting to dislike pvp. Can kingsile please do something about this? Please put monetors to watch the games and make sure no trash talk is being used. When i came to wizard101 from other games with even ruder players, i expacted friendly players in wizard101, well so much for that.
Your concerned necromancer,
James, lvl 60, necromancer

Hmmm....I Disagree with the previous 3 posters. If your in a fight and you get wiped out within like say 5-6 turns, and you feel you didnt do your best against your opponent, sometimes GG is a little offensive. You feel like they just kicked you around and it can feel like they are rubbing it in a little. There are times where I dont say GG because I think I will get a negative response from the other person(s).

I must respectfully disagree with you especially in this situation. If you knew you didn't do your best maybe instead of getting upset because your opponent is showing some respect, you should maybe want to get upset at yourself and your strategy for that game. Take a loss and just learn from it don't get mad at anyone.

I totaly agree with you Jameslc99

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
So have horrible sportmenship. And bad grammar. Saying "GG" or "Good Game" is not bragging.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
jameslc99 wrote:
I like the pvp system. There are only a few complaints i can point out. But now i am sick and tierd of my major complaint. Rude pvp players! I go into duels and there is always some one improvising for cuse words! Yes i report them, but it is just a warning to them. And they dont seem to care. If i lose a duel, they always say GG, which in my opinion is rude. Great you won, you have to show off? And then the kids that play ( younger them 13) are using cuse words, but improvising! I am starting to dislike pvp. Can kingsile please do something about this? Please put monetors to watch the games and make sure no trash talk is being used. When i came to wizard101 from other games with even ruder players, i expacted friendly players in wizard101, well so much for that.
Your concerned necromancer,
James, lvl 60, necromancer

Lol, it's happened to me plenty of times Mosty because I have a Life Mastery Amulet (I feel a bit guilty now that I'm much more powerful with it) , I have Life spells trained all the way up to Satyr, and because since i'm a Balance Wizard, people demand me to buff them. Most of the time I would shrug it off and ignore them, or i tell them, "Do I look like a Life servant ready to heal at some random person's command?!" :D that usually shuts them up!
Until K.I. does something about the cussing, (hopefully not abolishing Open and Text Chat), we'll all have to press a helpful button called "Block PvP Opponent Chat."

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Ya know, I have been called a Noob, and host of other names (some not so nice), and at first it really bothered me.

I do realize that some of the people that I play are younger than me, many are in Grade school. I take this all into account, and knowing that some people really get mad when they lose.
So, knowing all the different ways people see the same words, and how real young some players are, I just don't take offense to it any more.

Now I just play the game, and at the end, if the player isn't rude, I just say GG and leave. If the person wants to talk, I stay and talk, and if not, I leave.

On the other hand, if the person Spams me with Infection and other spells over and over to win, I always just say GG and leave.
I just feel that spamming is a cheap way to win, even if it is a strategy for some.

That's my take on it.

Joe,
Joseph Lionhunter.
(See you in PvP)

Historian
May 01, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Ya know, I have been called a Noob, and host of other names (some not so nice), and at first it really bothered me.

I do realize that some of the people that I play are younger than me, many are in Grade school. I take this all into account, and knowing that some people really get mad when they lose.
So, knowing all the different ways people see the same words, and how real young some players are, I just don't take offense to it any more.

Now I just play the game, and at the end, if the player isn't rude, I just say GG and leave. If the person wants to talk, I stay and talk, and if not, I leave.

On the other hand, if the person Spams me with Infection and other spells over and over to win, I always just say GG and leave.
I just feel that spamming is a cheap way to win, even if it is a strategy for some.

That's my take on it.

Joe,
Joseph Lionhunter.
(See you in PvP)

agreed

also, i remember a saying, i thinki it was on these message boards, it is

"if you dont give a word power, they cannot hurt you"

read on that, and think, it really is you who is shooting yourself down, you do not need to take offense in those little letters on a screen, yes, some words are very rude, but would they be rude if you dont flag them as rude? if you dont let them affect you?

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Geez, why do some people think gg is rude? It means gg!
That's not rude, now this is rude: "no GG" or once I saw someone say (true story) "GG to everyone but ___".

Caroline Sunbright level 60 life
Laura Iceheart level 60 ice
Nicole Jadesword level 60 balance
Emily Spiritriver level 60 death
Brittany Rainriver level 46 storm
Alexandra Redleaf level 25 fire

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
I'm just Saying...... GG, noob, whatever. Don't take it personal. A with all of the internet, we are nameless, faceless things. Not people. I work in customer service and people are rude/annoying/hurtful all day, everyday. If I took these things personally i would be crying all day. Someone else made a good point, turn off your chat. Play and have fun, it is a game after all. KI cannot control peoples personalities. You cannot change the way people act, just the way you react to them.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Players who have ranked down to Private on purpose (and you people know who you are), have great treasure cards, a nice little epic pet, and PWN you in 5 rounds before you even get a single spell in - should absolutely NOT say gg. It was NOT a good game for that wizard, you know they did NOT get a chance to really fight, and it was NOT a fair match.

It is most certainly offensive to say gg when you have wiped 22 points off of the other player so that you could earn yourself more arena tickets.

THINK before you speak. If it was really a challenge for you to beat them, by all means, say gg, if not - ZIP IT!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Someone truly said, "I hope your grandmother dies" after I hit them with medusa. After asking about that, he then said, "I'm Osama Bin Laden's reincarnation."

I think I just found the scum of the arena...

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
Someone truly said, "I hope your grandmother dies" after I hit them with medusa. After asking about that, he then said, "I'm Osama Bin Laden's reincarnation."

I think I just found the scum of the arena...

Wow! I think you did find the scum of the arena! No the entire game! What a sore loser. I hope you retaliated accordingly. I don't think I could have kept my mouth shut after that one, and usually i just brush things off. I think i may have come back with a "Yo Momma" joke! LOL!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

That's my take on it.

Joe,
Joseph Lionhunter.
(See you in PvP)

agreed

also, i remember a saying, i thinki it was on these message boards, it is

"if you dont give a word power, they cannot hurt you"

read on that, and think, it really is you who is shooting yourself down, you do not need to take offense in those little letters on a screen, yes, some words are very rude, but would they be rude if you dont flag them as rude? if you dont let them affect you?

You read way too many of my posts slammer!

lol

I do agree though, words cant hurt you, unless you let them.

I laugh when people call me a noob! lol Little do they know who they are calling a noob! Oh well, they are about to find out!

gl and see you all on the battlefield!

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
Yea, this happens to me, this, this, UGH! He called me a noob, which hurts my feelings, because I've been playing for two years now, and he called me a chicken because I kept healing and using shields like absorb! Then, he said he was hoping to fight a pro, but I was far from it. Then he used Kraken on me, and I had very little health left, so I was going to heal. He then used skeleton pirate, killing me. Then he said GG, and it made me mad, because I was CREAMED and mostly because he was insulting me and making me pick the wrong cards in anger, and I'm trying to get PvP gear so it made me upset that I had lost 22 arena points. So, I agree, this should be dealt with.

Administrator
Block PvP Opponent Chat
Under Options is the setting that allows you to hide your opponent's Chat in Player vs Player combat. If you have this option enabled, during a PvP duel:

• Anything you type cannot be seen by your opponents, but can be seen by your teammates and spectators.
  • Anything your opponents type you can’t see, but can be seen by their teammates and spectators.
  • All Menu Chat can be seen by everyone.

You can change this setting at any time, including during a PvP duel, but it will not take affect until the next turn.