Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical disaster.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
Many of you legendary pvpers know that critical had ruined most of pvp.
It has made pvp gear worthless, and makes it impossible to win in group pvp; whoever is first wins. My life use to have an rank of 1200 now it has plummeted down to about veteran aka about 580 rank.

Critical can be up to 140 with crafted gear without vengeance up.

Ok heres some math.
cloak triton: 990-1000
+ 250(gargantuan)
-------------------
1240- 1250
+ 45 gear boost.
roughly 1600
now add a critical(double)
3200 damage without resist or shields
add a blade 30 +
roughly 3400

That above is my opinion on critical in pvp, I know lots of you support it though.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
I fully disagree with that, if you are failing so much in pvp in anyway i suggest CHANGING YOUR STRATEGY. Critical doesn't ruin pvp it makes it more interesting and fun if you use and understand it right. btw you can just get a stun block aura for a training point if you like.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
triton can do 6800+ without any gargantuan/armor boosting stuff........
trust me i done it before :D no critical(only lvl 45) i never buy armor with resist/boosts.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
Garrett15141 wrote:
I fully disagree with that, if you are failing so much in pvp in anyway i suggest CHANGING YOUR STRATEGY. Critical doesn't ruin pvp it makes it more interesting and fun if you use and understand it right. btw you can just get a stun block aura for a training point if you like.

Changing my strategy wouldn't affect anything, crafted gear causes people to hit critical with aura around them.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
AQUADOG5 wrote:
Garrett15141 wrote:

Changing my strategy wouldn't affect anything, crafted gear causes people to hit critical with aura around them.

Aquadog5,

I agree, the new Critical has changed PvP and made it a shorter game in many cases. I have been getting kicked often in PvP, after the new Critical ratings were added.
For me, Ice has a low critical rating, the only way to increase it is to lose most of my defense and attack. The Best that I can do is around 96 cr, which is around 18%, less than one of five attacks will go crit. (Normally it's really around 1 in 7, at best).
The attack values are huge just as you stated, and aura does increase it for many, to every third round. In this case, certain Wizards will have a real hard time winning in PvP. IMO, our best option is to team with one of these people that go Critical every third round, we have a better chance to win that way. We shield, defend, etc, so we can stay alive as long as possible.

I think that PvP is harder now, but still, it's just for fun, and while everyone want to win, only 50% can.
The new rating just makes you think harder..... and try harder.

Joseph Lionhunter.
Level 60 Ice.