Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells Ideas

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
achilles398 wrote:
I had a fire spell idea called "Forest Fire": 400+900 damage over 3 rounds plus -55% accuracy to all enemies. The spell goes like this, a beautiful forest with trees bushes wild flowers and happy animals appears on the battle field, the animals are simply minding their own business when there is an orange glow from the center of it, the glow gets brighter and brighter till the trees that are visible are completely engulfed in flames. The animals run for their lives as the forest burns brighter and hotter. Then the blade and traps activate. You hear a cracking sound and then a wood-splitting sound, then one flaming tree begins to fall over and lands on the first enemy, doing 400 damage. The same thing happens to all enemies and before the spell is over a -55% accuracy charm appears on every enemy. Does this sound over powered, under powered, comment people please.

Wolf Nightbreeze, Transcended Theurgist.

Really? Why didn't you just start a new thread?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Updates:

- I weakened some spells and strengthened others.
- I changed the Balance utility spell back to Cast Iron Shield.
- I changed "Obstruct" to "Repress", and "Bore" to "Cleave".

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Rank 10 Attack Spells

Fire: Chieftain (80% accuracy; deals 1020 over three rounds and -40% accuracy): A chieftain, dressed in leaves, a grass skirt, and a tribal mask, is dancing and chanting around a fire. He then turns to the target and angrily chants as he aims his staff at the heavens; the target spontaneously combusts. -40% accuracy is added to the target.

The name and animation are fine, however, Heckhound does 130 damage per pip, for 10 pips, is 1300 damage over 3 rounds. I can't see this spell being usefull in any possible way, even with the accuracy modifier. Also, fire accuracy is 75%, not 80%.

Ice: Amarok (80% accuracy; deals 950-990 and steals ward): Starts with a close-up of the moon as Amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting Amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up on all fours, turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene. One of the target's shields will appear in your shield queue.

I do like the name and the animation, but the steal ward is lame, unless it steals the ward first, then attacks.

Storm: Manta Ray (70% accuracy; deals 1010 to all enemies): The water level rises above the field (like in Triton). We are now level with the ocean floor complete with coral, rocks, and sand. Out of the sand rises a gigantic manta ray. The manta ray rids itself of its disguise by swimming around a bit until the target catches its eyes. It swims up to the target and shocks him/her, a jolt of lightning emitting from its tail.

This is actually a very good spell, for a singular attack. Don't see this as an attack all animation spell. Besides, Storm just had Sirens. Storm needs something new and exciting, not the same old boring spells.

Balance: Cerberus (85% accuracy; deals 415 Fire, Ice, and Storm magic): A cave appears on the field, growling and snarling echoing out of it. The beast steps out paw by paw as the sun's rays reveal the creature and its three heads eye the target. The right head breathes fire on the target, the center head breathes snow on the target, and the left head breathes lightning on the target.

So, a more powerful version of Hydra that is chimera looking. That's original. Can't see how balance needs this or would even want this spell. I don't like it at all.

Life: Zephyr (90% accuracy; choose an enemy to deal 800 or an ally to heal 1600): the field is covered in grass and leaves. The leaves in the center of the field kick up and swirl in a cylindrical fashion; the leaves dissipate to reveal Zephyr, god of the west wind. (Heal) He smiles at the target and bows, building up his energy. He slowly stands erect and levitates, his hands above him forming a sphere of wind energy; he throws the sphere at the heal target then lowers himself to the ground. (Attack) He turns to the target with a look of ire. He spins wildly out of control and creates a fierce tornado. It tears up the landscape until it reaches the attack target.

The only thing I like about this spell, is the name. The heal is way too weak for 10 pips for a singular heal. The Damage is too weak for an attack. No secondary effects. Back to the drawing board on this spell, nothing good about it at all.

Myth: Boogeyman (80% accuracy; deals 50 and 660 to all enemies): The field is covered with dark wood flooring. A door rises out of the floor; the camera zooms in on the knob, which rattles and slowly turns. The camera quickly zooms out as the door is flung open to reveal two red lights protruding through the darkness. A creature [note: the “creature” looks an Undead Wizard with burning red eyes] emerges from the darkness and the lights are revealed to be its eyes. The creature approaches the target, bends back as it sucks the life out of you (first attack), and eventually snaps forward to shoot an ocular ray (second attack).

I actually really like this spell, but it is way too weak for a 10 pip myth attack all spell. Increase the damage and it will be perfect.

Death: Valkyrie (85% accuracy; deals 845-885 and -50% to next healing spell to all enemies): Clouds cover and float above the field. The Valkyrie quickly rises from the clouds covering the field, dressed in black and silver armor and riding a black horse. She approaches the target and raises her hand. A silver spear materializes in her hand and she cries out as she throws it at the target.

Love this spell, great animation, just need a slight increase on the damage, not much, just a bit.

Utility Spells

Fire: Dynamite: 2 pips; +25% and 1 turn to any DoT spell (looks like a red ward with a stick of dynamite on it).

Not sure if I like this idea or not.

Ice: Blockade Shield: 1 pip; +70% critical block chance against next 2 incoming critical attacks (looks like a charm with a critical block insignia).

So, like Stun Block, except this is Critical block. I like the idea, however it should be for 100% critical block.

Storm: Sea Fog: 3 pips; -55% accuracy to next 3 spells.

Is this for all enemies? or just one. Can't see the relevance or need for this spell.

Balance: Cast-Iron Shield: 1 pips; -80% to next incoming spell (looks like a prism charm with a global insignia in the center of the prism).

I wont say this is out of line for Balance, because balance is made up of all schools, so, they can take a branch from ice and get a shield. Good thing I am not you though, otherwise, this spell would be nixed instantly.

Life: Second Chance: 3 pips; Automatically brings defeated target back to life with 800 HP and 2 pips (looks like a golden ward).

Why would you want to bring an opponent back to life?

Myth: Disorient: 3 pips; Changes the order the teams attack in.

I love this idea, however, I can hear PvP players complaining already about this, especially, if it belongs to a specific school.

Death: Spiked Shield: 2 pips; -25% and half the damage is inflicted on the caster of the attack (looks like a global trap).

Love this idea, but 2 pips is way too cheap for this much of an effect.

Astral Spells

Sun Spells:

Sharpen: +20% to 1 blade spell. Available at Lvl. 61.

Complexify: +30% to 1 trap spell. Available at Lvl. 63.

Bulletproof: +15% to 1 shield spell. Available at Lvl. 65.

Exhilarate: +375 to 1 healing spell. Available at Lvl. 67.

Not sure what the point of these spells are, these are seriously outdated and nowhere close to being relevant.

Star Spells:

Repress: causes mana to become static for 4 rounds. Indigo aura; available at Lvl. 61.

Why?

Cleave: +15% to piercing percentage for 4 rounds. White aura; available at Lvl. 63.

Infallible already does this and gives accuracy, so, why?

Multiply: an additional pip added per round for 4 rounds. Pink aura; available at Lvl. 65.

Can't see the need for this either, unless you have a chance a power pips with this. It's too much like Empowerment, not original enough.

Relinquish: 15% accuracy for +25% resistance and strength over 4 rounds. Black aura; available at Lvl. 67.

So infallible, amplify, and fortify all rolled into 1 aura for 4 rounds? For no pips? You wouldn't find that upsetting to have spent a training point on something when you could have gotten this one for the same cost of the other 3?

Revamped Spells:

Fire: Severe Scald: 5 pips; 580 damage over 4 rounds.

Scald is already a 5 Pip spell. You need to increase the pips and the damage to be worth Revamping it.

Ice: Grand Theft: 5 pips; steals all shields.

I like this idea.

Storm: Tragic Tempest: X pips; 90 damage per pip to all enemies.

Would be better if this was a DoT spell. The damage increase is nice, but too many people already complain about tempest spammers.

Balance: Venomous Scorpion: 6 pips; 410-440 and drain target of all pips.

WoW, just wow. I can see possibly draining 2 or 3 pips, possibly, but of all pips? LOL, what are you trying to do, make balance all powerful?

Life: Major Blessing: 0 pips; 250 HP and +25% to next healing spell.

I like this idea.

Myth: Dire Earthquake: 7 pips; deals 380, removes all charms and wards and prevents all enemies from casting charms or wards for 3 rounds.

That is too overpowered, however, a good revamp for this, is by making earthquake only remove positive wards and charms, leaving traps, weaknesses, and dispels on target.

Death: Ritual Sacrifice: 5 pips; Take 650 damage to give 1010 HP and two pips.

This is a really great Idea. I do like this one.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
The name and animation are fine, however, Heckhound does 130 damage per pip, for 10 pips, is 1300 damage over 3 rounds. I can't see this spell being usefull in any possible way, even with the accuracy modifier. Also, fire accuracy is 75%, not 80%.

Hmm...I have been thinking about this spell for a bit and I think I may change it completely.

I do like the name and the animation, but the steal ward is lame, unless it steals the ward first, then attacks.

Why not?

This is actually a very good spell, for a singular attack. Don't see this as an attack all animation spell. Besides, Storm just had Sirens. Storm needs something new and exciting, not the same old boring spells.

I thought Storm would really need an effective AoE after I first heard about Mermaids, but I've seen it quite a few times and do really good damage. I think I may make this a singular attack.

So, a more powerful version of Hydra that is chimera looking. That's original. Can't see how balance needs this or would even want this spell. I don't like it at all.

How does a three-headed dog look like Chimera? And I thought it would be a nice follow up after Chimera to have a stronger Elemental spell. That's just me though.

The only thing I like about this spell, is the name. The heal is way too weak for 10 pips for a singular heal. The Damage is too weak for an attack. No secondary effects. Back to the drawing board on this spell, nothing good about it at all.

Ouch. Well, I will admit you're probably right. I'll definitely consider changing things a bit.

I actually really like this spell, but it is way too weak for a 10 pip myth attack all spell. Increase the damage and it will be perfect.

Will do.

Love this spell, great animation, just need a slight increase on the damage, not much, just a bit.

Thanks! I'll do that.

Any more certain now?

So, like Stun Block, except this is Critical block. I like the idea, however it should be for 100% critical block.

Yes, but I think since critical block is based on percentage, it really shouldn't be 100% block. The difference is with stunning, there's no avoidance. Plus, you get two critical block shields.

Is this for all enemies? or just one. Can't see the relevance or need for this spell.

It was for one. I had a lot of trouble thinking of a spell for Storm.

I wont say this is out of line for Balance, because balance is made up of all schools, so, they can take a branch from ice and get a shield. Good thing I am not you though, otherwise, this spell would be nixed instantly.

I don't really think this takes an influence from Ice. Balance has global blades and a global trap. Why not a global shield?

When I said 'target' I meant 'ally'. It doesn't bring an opponent back to life.

I love this idea, however, I can hear PvP players complaining already about this, especially, if it belongs to a specific school.

Just like Reshuffle? Or Tower Shield? I can deal with a few PvP whiners.

Sure.

Not sure what the point of these spells are, these are seriously outdated and nowhere close to being relevant.

Why do you say that?

Why?

Because I'm sick and tired of people asking for a spell that replenishes mana?

Good point...

Can't see the need for this either, unless you have a chance a power pips with this. It's too much like Empowerment, not original enough.

Your power pip chance works with the aura, and you get an extra pip (or power pip) every turn for four rounds, so I don't get how this is unnecessary or anything like Empowerment.

So infallible, amplify, and fortify all rolled into 1 aura for 4 rounds? For no pips? You wouldn't find that upsetting to have spent a training point on something when you could have gotten this one for the same cost of the other 3?

No; you're sacrificing accuracy for resistance and strength. It's like a (in my opinion) more useful Berserk.

Scald is already a 5 Pip spell. You need to increase the pips and the damage to be worth Revamping it.

How did I not notice that?

I like this idea.

Thanks!

Would be better if this was a DoT spell. The damage increase is nice, but too many people already complain about tempest spammers.

Eh...I'll keep it in mind.

WoW, just wow. I can see possibly draining 2 or 3 pips, possibly, but of all pips? LOL, what are you trying to do, make balance all powerful?

Uh...maybe? But seriously, I'll consider that.

I like this idea.

Thanks!

That is too overpowered, however, a good revamp for this, is by making earthquake only remove positive wards and charms, leaving traps, weaknesses, and dispels on target.

Eh...

Thanks!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Hmm...I have been thinking about this spell for a bit and I think I may change it completely.

Would love for you to make this an AoE that is not a DoT spell. But that's just me.

Why not?

Well, most cheating bosses, or even playing the game, once you attack, sometimes there is no shield to take, so what would be the point. However, to take the shield first, then attack, now that would be special.

I thought Storm would really need an effective AoE after I first heard about Mermaids, but I've seen it quite a few times and do really good damage. I think I may make this a singular attack.

Good Idea

How does a three-headed dog look like Chimera? And I thought it would be a nice follow up after Chimera to have a stronger Elemental spell. That's just me though.

I thought I put a Hydra crossed with Orthrus, my bad. What would be interesting, would be an AoE like this. Would be kind of difficult to figure out good damage for it though, but that would be interesting.

Ouch. Well, I will admit you're probably right. I'll definitely consider changing things a bit.

Sorry, I know I am blunt sometimes and brutally honest.

Will do.

Thanks! I'll do that.

Any more certain now?

Of course I can see an advantage to this, just not sure if it would be truly worth it or not. I just dont have a for/against this spell.

Yes, but I think since critical block is based on percentage, it really shouldn't be 100% block. The difference is with stunning, there's no avoidance. Plus, you get two critical block shields.

So, then instead of getting a percentage, you should get gains points, like 90 critical block points, like Conviction has.

It was for one. I had a lot of trouble thinking of a spell for Storm.

Well, your Manta has a lot of merit and Shocktopus has a lot of merit. There are some great ideas out there, just coming up with good damage and effects. Although, this is for a revamped storm spell. Hmmm, How about a better windstorm spell, 2 pips +30% storm trap on all enemies.

I don't really think this takes an influence from Ice. Balance has global blades and a global trap. Why not a global shield?

I am not saying they shouldn't get it. But Everyone knows, that tower and Legion shield belong to Ice and those are the global shields. Just saying, it is a bit overpowered for a global shield.

When I said 'target' I meant 'ally'. It doesn't bring an opponent back to life.

Oh, lol, that makes more sense. But Satyr is 4 pips, heals for 840 and does not replenish pips. You have this spell as 3 pips, heals 800 and replenishes 2 pips. That is a bit overpowered.

Just like Reshuffle? Or Tower Shield? I can deal with a few PvP whiners.

I did state that I love this idea too. I can handle the pvp whiners too, they are everywhere. Just thought I would point that out though.

Sure.

Why do you say that?

Okay, now that I looked at them a bit more, my question is, since sun spells are enchantments, you can enchant the blade or trap or shield with these? Actually, you know what, now that I think about it, WoW, you really do have a great idea here. Maybe I read it wrong or was thinking aura, meaning for 4 rounds. No, this has a lot of Merit. I love these!

Why?

Because I'm sick and tired of people asking for a spell that replenishes mana?

LoL that's what bottles are for. Maybe what KI could do, is put more vendors to purchase mana refills in other worlds.

Good point...

Your power pip chance works with the aura, and you get an extra pip (or power pip) every turn for four rounds, so I don't get how this is unnecessary or anything like Empowerment.

Well, if you have a chance to get power pips, then it's not as bad, you did not say that. My friend Aritako, she has been asking for a way to get pips faster, besides Empowerment. I am sure she would love your idea.

No; you're sacrificing accuracy for resistance and strength. It's like a (in my opinion) more useful Berserk.

Oh ok, you did not put a negative sign in front of the 15%, so I misunderstood what you meant. Yes, this would be much better than the Berserk that what is currently available.

How did I not notice that?

There are a lot of spells to think about and memorize, hard to keep track of all of them.

I like this idea.

Thanks!

Eh...I'll keep it in mind.

Uh...maybe? But seriously, I'll consider that.

I like this idea.

Thanks!

Eh...

Thanks!

You have some great ideas here, can't wait to see the next update to them.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Well, most cheating bosses, or even playing the game, once you attack, sometimes there is no shield to take, so what would be the point. However, to take the shield first, then attack, now that would be special.

I get it, but I'm not a big fan of the idea. I'd rather just change the effect any ideas?

I thought I put a Hydra crossed with Orthrus, my bad. What would be interesting, would be an AoE like this. Would be kind of difficult to figure out good damage for it though, but that would be interesting.

I thought about that as well, but I think I'd fall asleep during that attack. I'll consider it though.

Sorry, I know I am blunt sometimes and brutally honest.

You're preaching to the choir. Be as blunt as you want. I'm a big boy; I'll live.

So, then instead of getting a percentage, you should get gains points, like 90 critical block points, like Conviction has.

That's what I meant; I just thought it was a percentage, not actual points.

Well, your Manta has a lot of merit and Shocktopus has a lot of merit. There are some great ideas out there, just coming up with good damage and effects. Although, this is for a revamped storm spell. Hmmm, How about a better windstorm spell, 2 pips +30% storm trap on all enemies.

That's more of a Revamped spell though. I don't know; I'll brainstorm.

I am not saying they shouldn't get it. But Everyone knows, that tower and Legion shield belong to Ice and those are the global shields. Just saying, it is a bit overpowered for a global shield.

I know; I'm just saying it's not completely out of nowhere. And it's not like the spell's being given at the beginning of the game or something. It works like a Tower Shield except it's quite a bit stronger, so you can still steal it, destroy it with a wand spell, etc.

Oh, lol, that makes more sense. But Satyr is 4 pips, heals for 840 and does not replenish pips. You have this spell as 3 pips, heals 800 and replenishes 2 pips. That is a bit overpowered.

Maybe I can up the pip cost?

Okay, now that I looked at them a bit more, my question is, since sun spells are enchantments, you can enchant the blade or trap or shield with these? Actually, you know what, now that I think about it, WoW, you really do have a great idea here. Maybe I read it wrong or was thinking aura, meaning for 4 rounds. No, this has a lot of Merit. I love these!

In that case, thanks!

You have some great ideas here, can't wait to see the next update to them.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
GODODD wrote:
Someone else said Amarok

If you're talking about darthjt, he borrowed the idea from me. If you're not, this thread is over a year old, so it's not like I stole the idea from someone.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Changes:

- Chieftain has been changed to Blazing Manticore.
- Amarok now Taunts as an effect.
- Manta Ray is now a single-attack spell and removes all positive charms from the target.
- Zephyr's attack/heal now have effects.
- Boogeyman is stronger.
- Sea Fog has been changed to Static Shock.
- Due to updates, Second Chance has been changed to Healing Prism.
- The level requirements for the Astral spells have been removed.
- Complexify has been changed to Intricate (this is only a spell name change; the effect is the same).
- Repress and Cleave have been taken out; Safeguard and Bolster have taken their places.
- Relinquish now correctly displays its effects and has been made stronger.
- The addition of the new Star spells has changed the order of the older spells.
- Severe Scald is stronger.
- Dire Earthquake now stuns for two rounds in addition to its attack and effect.