Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
ok, this discussion has gone on long enough for me. i'm not posting anything else after this.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Changes:

1. I want all my spell ideas to exist in the same "universe", so since I turned Chimera into a Balance spell (Go to https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/35328.ftl if you have no idea what I'm talking about) I finally caved and changed the Fire spell. It's completely raw and last-minute, so don't judge it too harshly.

2. I rearranged the non-attack spells because it seemed most of them were miscast.

3. The biggest addition: I added my Astral spell ideas. I spent weeks thinking of these spells. They're definitely the hardest spell to think up ideas for since they're so neutral and everyone has access to them, so I give KI a lot of credit.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Anything that needs changing? Is the damage adequate? Is the accracy reasonable? Any PvPers have concerns? Please let me know!

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Dude, words can't describe how well you did on this. It was so detailed I loved it! It was way better than mine! I really like the idea for the Myth spell it made me crack up. Overall great job!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Flare123456789 wrote:
Dude, words can't describe how well you did on this. It was so detailed I loved it! It was way better than mine! I really like the idea for the Myth spell it made me crack up. Overall great job!

Thanks so much! It's nice to see someone doesn't think Boogeyman or Siren is too scary. By the way, sorry if I seemed to judge your ideas too harshly. No hard feelings?

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It seems my original Rank 9 post has resurfaced. I'll be posting my new ideas here. Please comment if you like them and if there's anything I should change:

Attack Spells

Fire: The Great Mander (80% accuracy; deals 905-925 to all enemies over three rounds): You see an old mander sitting in a large stone chair. He rises and floats over to the target, takes a deep breath and breathes fire upon each enemy.

Ice: Amarok (80% accuracy; deals 695 and -35% all allies): Starts with a close-up of the moon as Amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting Amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up on all fours, turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene. Tower shields appear in everyone's shield queue.

Storm: Siren (70% accuracy; deals 985-1000 to all enemies): A fog covers the field and the most wonderful melody is sung. As the fog clears, you see a woman in a tan dress sitting on a rock in the middle of an ocean, her arms behind her and her hair covering her face. She looks over at the camera, hair still covering half of her face as she continues singing. She then lets out a bloodcurdling scream, which dissipates the fog and holds up her hands, which are revealed to be claws. She then jumps from the rock in slow motion and scratches the target repeatedly, then jumps back to the rock.

Balance: Sphinx (85% accuracy; deals 730 and adds two Hex traps): a desert setting is immediately established (sand, pyramids, palm trees, etc.) with the Sphinx in the middle. The ground starts rumbling, and all of a sudden the Sphinx crumbles to reveal the actual Sphinx monster. It makes eye contact with the target and runs at him/her, turning to sand upon contact.

Life: Zephyr (90% accuracy; choose an enemy to deal 750 or an ally to heal 1500): the field is covered in grass and leaves. The leaves in the center of the field kick up and swirl in a cylindrical fashion; the leaves dissipate to reveal Zephyr, god of the west wind. (Heal) He smiles at the target and bows, building up his energy. He slowly stands erect and levitates, his hands above him forming a sphere of wind energy; he throws the sphere at the heal target then lowers himself to the ground. (Attack) He turns to the target with a look of ire. He spins wildly out of control and creates a fierce tornado. It tears up the landscape until it reaches the attack target.

Myth: Boogeyman (80% accuracy; deals 60 and 815 and prevents the enemy from casting shields for three rounds): The field is covered with dark wood flooring. A door rises out of the floor; the camera zooms in on the knob, which rattles and slowly turns. The camera quickly zooms out as the door is flung open to reveal two red lights protruding through the darkness. A creature cloaked in a long white blanket emerges from the darkness and the lights are revealed to be its eyes. The creature approaches the target, bends back as its eyes shine brighter, and eventually snaps forward to shoot an ocular ray.

Death: Valkyrie (85% accuracy; deals 875-900 to all enemies): Clouds cover and float above the field. The Valkyrie quickly rises from the clouds covering the field, dressed in black and silver armor and riding a black horse. She approaches the target and raises her hand. A silver spear materializes in her hand and she cries out as she throws it at the target.

The Fire one I'm on the fence about. I'm thinking Kitsune would be more appealing to Fires and visually generally (esp. since W101's lacking in the Japanese myth department).

The Ice one is great :D ! Kudos to you for thinking outside the box and using an Inuit mythological reference (plus it fits in with the School's theme to boot)!

The Siren spell: no complaints here! Fits in with the Storm's theme and really captures the siren's nature of being a masterful deceiver (as far as your description of the spell goes).

The Balance spell: exactly what I was thinking. Thank you for keeping with Balance's Egyptian theme and not going with Chimera like others have done.

Life's spell is cool because it gives Lifers the versatility and of healing or attacking, whichever situation comes up (even though I personally prefer it to be more plant-based).

Now the Myth one is what caught my eye: using the Boogeyman of all things is rather ingenious. A lot may think it's Death but really it isn't. I mean, exactly what is the Boogeyman? Is he a demon, monster, ghost, what? What are his origins? What's his (true) purpose? It's mysteries like that that cause imaginations to run wild and for myths to get created in the first place so the Boogeyman being a Myth spell is apt.

Lastly, Death: it's spell is quite interesting. Since Valkyries are supposed to be couriers of dead warriors, making it a Death spell is pretty accurate (especially when you consider that some stories depict Valkyries as vicious, howling demonesses).

Non-Attack Spells

Fire: Dynamite: +50% and 1 turn to any DoT spell (looks like a red charm with a stick of dynamite on it).

Ice: Blockade Shield: +70% critical block chance against next incoming critical attack. (looks like a charm with a critical block insignia)

Storm: Neutralize: removes all charms.

Balance: Cast-Iron Shield: -80% to next incoming spell (looks like a dark gray shield with the global spell insignia).

Life: Second Chance*: Automatically brings defeated target back to life with 800 HP and 2 pips (looks like a golden ward).

Myth: Battering Ram**: Allows an attack to go through any type of shield (looks like a yellow charm with red crosshairs).

Death: Spiked Shield: -25% and half the damage is inflicted on the caster of the attack (looks like a global trap).

I love all of these. I really would like to see the utility spells in the game sometime in the future.

Astral Spells

Moon Spells:

Polymorph Bloodbat: Myth Blade, Myth Trap, natural attack: Hack Attack (2 pips; Bloodbat flies to target and hacks a wad of green spit at him/her; deals 245 and adds Myth Blade), Troll, natural attack: Bite (3 pips; Bloodbat flies to target and bites him/her; deals 315), Pierce, Humongofrog. Available at Lvl. 61.

Polymorph Skeleton (Skeletal Pirate): Death Blade, Death Trap, natural attack: Argh! (4 pips; Skeletal Pirate blasts a sonic attack at the target; deals 380 and adds Curse), Poison, Curse, natural attack: Cannon (5 pips; Skeletal Pirate dismantles and reassembles itself into the shape of a cannon; the head is propelled through the makeshift cannon, and ricochets off the target as the rest of its body assembles itself into a skeleton; deals 500), Wraith, Sacrifice. Available at Lvl. 63.

Polymorph Hydra: Bladestorm, Balance Blade, Elemental Blade, Elemental Trap, natural attack: Scorch (fire head breathes fire onto target; 40 + 315 over 3 rounds), Sandstorm, natural attack: Glaciate (ice head breathes a mix of snow and wind onto target; deals 220 and stuns target for 1 round), Helping Hands, natural attack: Electrocute (storm head breathes lightning onto the target; deals 435). Available at Lvl. 65.

Polymorph Minotaur: Myth Blade, Myth Trap, natural attack: Charge (Minotaur charges at target, attacking with its sharp horns; deals 460), Earthquake, Talos, natural attack: Axe Throw (self-explanatory; deals 525), Cyclops Minion, Shatter. Available at Lvl. 67.

I'm neutral on these, but I see the already existing Polymorphs as being very situational anyways (even Polymorph Treant).

Sun Spells:

Exactitude: +30% accuracy to 1 spell. Available at Lvl. 61.

Juggernaut: +315 damage to 1 spell. Available at Lvl. 63.

Exhilarate: +375 to 1 healing spell. Available at Lvl. 65.

Bulletproof: +30% to 1 shielding spell. Available at Lvl. 67.

These I like too. It may take several worlds, but we may see something like these spells in the actual game someday.

Star Spells:

Control***: causes mana to become static for 4 rounds. Indigo aura; available at Lvl. 61.

Purify: +20% to all healing spells for 4 rounds. White aura; available at Lvl. 63.

Multiply: an additional pip added per round for 4 rounds. Pink aura; available at Lvl. 65.

Relinquish: -250 HP for +25% resistance, accuracy, and strength over 4 rounds. Black aura; available at Lvl. 67.

These are cool also! I especially like Relinquish and Purify!

I hope you didn't find me too critical of the things I didn't like. It wasn't my intention to be mean or jerky in any way, shape, or form. Overall, this is the most thought-out collection of new spell ideas I've ever seen (you even included the Astral school spells! Most don't bother!). You did an excellent job! :D

*Wizard affected by Second Chance will come back to life in the same turn they were defeated and as if they had just joined the battle. No buffs, debuffs, DoT markers (in the case said wizard was defeated by a DoT spell), etc.
**Spells enchanted with Battering Ram will act as usual and break through shields, but won't be affected by them.
***The Control aura does not prevent the caster from casting spells; it makes mana static so if you do cast a spell above Rank 0 it will affect your pips, but not your mana level.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Yohko86 wrote:
The Fire one I'm on the fence about. I'm thinking Kitsune would be more appealing to Fires and visually generally (esp. since W101's lacking in the Japanese myth department).

The Ice one is great :D ! Kudos to you for thinking outside the box and using an Inuit mythological reference (plus it fits in with the School's theme to boot)!

The Siren spell: no complaints here! Fits in with the Storm's theme and really captures the siren's nature of being a masterful deceiver (as far as your description of the spell goes).

The Balance spell: exactly what I was thinking. Thank you for keeping with Balance's Egyptian theme and not going with Chimera like others have done.

Life's spell is cool because it gives Lifers the versatility of healing or attacking, whichever situation comes up (even though I personally prefer it to be more plant-based).

Now the Myth one is what caught my eye: using the Boogeyman of all things is rather ingenious. A lot may think it's Death but really it isn't. I mean, exactly what is the Boogeyman? Is he a demon, monster, ghost, what? What are his origins? What's his (true) purpose? It's mysteries like that that cause imaginations to run wild and for myths to get created in the first place so the Boogeyman being a Myth spell is apt.

Lastly, Death: it's spell is quite interesting. Since Valkyries are supposed to be couriers of dead warriors, making it a Death spell is pretty accurate (especially when you consider that some stories depict Valkyries as vicious, howling demonesses).

Hmm...I did consider Kitsune, but it seems too obvious an homage to Pokémon. As much as I love Asian culture (I'm an Asian Studies major for crying out loud!), I don't recommend it since games don't usually have a good track record for portraying Asian culture correctly. Anyway, thanks for the awesome compliments on my other ideas. I really didn't wanna use Yeti or Ymir, ideas that are always thrown around when talking about new Ice spells. Thanks so much for not complaining about Siren! I used to say Chimera isn't supposed to be a Balance spell, but that changed. It's in my Balance spell ideas thread though, not here. Since the last spell was Ra I didn't wanna randomly go back to something else. I thought about something inspired by plants for Life, but it seems like that's been done to death with Dryad, Forest Lord, Nature's Wrath, Centaur, etc. You explained my reason for Boogeyman way better than I did. Thanks for that because I was starting to doubt my choice in making Boogeyman a Myth spell. Thanks for not complaining about Valkyrie either. At least someone gets how they're Death-related.

I love all of these. I really would like to see the utility spells in the game sometime in the future.

Utility! That's the name. I've been trying to think of the name forever.

I'm neutral on these, but I see the already existing Polymorphs as being very situational anyways (even Polymorph Treant).

I guess they are, but my Sorcerer uses them all the time. I don't know what that says about Balance though...

These I like too. It may take several worlds, but we may see something like these spells in the actual game someday.

My only concern is that people (AKA: the PvP whiners) say these spells are "too strong" or they "make the game too easy".

These are cool also! I especially like Relinquish and Purify!

I always had Purify in mind, but Relinquish was a last-second decision. Good to see some good feedback on it.

I hope you didn't find me too critical of the things I didn't like. It wasn't my intention to be mean or jerky in any way, shape, or form. Overall, this is the most thought-out collection of new spell ideas I've ever seen (you even included the Astral school spells! Most don't bother!). You did an excellent job! :D

Thanks so much for your comments! I'm glad you liked them so much. I didn't think you were "mean" or "jerky" at all; your thoughts were very helpful.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
Your ideas are awesome :D ! I just think we should adjust the power and the myth spell... For Sphinx it should be 900-965 base power with two hexes added. And the myth spell should be the Calydonian Boar. 870-925 base power and plus 50% to next myth spell. Otherwise.... awesome!

Garrett RavenFinder Legendary Sorceror

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Yoshi164 wrote:
Your ideas are awesome :D ! I just think we should adjust the power and the myth spell... For Sphinx it should be 900-965 base power with two hexes added. And the myth spell should be the Calydonian Boar. 870-925 base power and plus 50% to next myth spell. Otherwise.... awesome!

Garrett RavenFinder Legendary Sorceror

Ra is only 560-640. How would it make sense for the next spell to jump 260 ahead? Since when is Balance just as strong as Storm? There's no way I'm changing the Myth spell especially when you give me no reasoning. However, I am looking for ideas for the Fire spell.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
I think the fire attack should have an initial attack as well as a DoT. And maybe it can be something more powerful than just a mander, maybe Hestia, who summons a tornado of fire out of a plain old hearth.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
stinkybug123 wrote:
I think the fire attack should have an initial attack as well as a DoT. And maybe it can be something more powerful than just a mander, maybe Hestia, who summons a tornado of fire out of a plain old hearth.

I really want the spell to just be about the damage over time effect because it seems like that ability has been hijacked by Ice. Also, how is a mander not "powerful"? I'm not really keen on this idea, but saying the monster isn't powerful doesn't make any sense. Hestia is a major Greek goddess and I wanna stay away from major gods and goddesses. Plus Zephyr already attacks with a tornado.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Changes:

I changed the title since they're not really only "Rank 9 Spells" anymore.

2. Some minor changes were made to the Rank 9 spells.

3. I changed Boogeyman's method of attack so that it was more Myth-like.

4. The Storm utility spell has been changed to Sea Fog. Neutralize was kind of a last-resort idea, and in my opinion, not very useful in situations besides PvP.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
maybe you should replace stormzilla with thunderbird, and replace earthquake with godzilla, and if you want you can lower the damage, but earthquake does too low damage. also, you should replace bone drake with chupacabra. plus, since chupacabra is a blood sucker, it could heal you! why am I asking these? because thunderbird was an actual legend from north america. it could shoot lightning from it's eyes raise the seas with a clack of it's beak, and obviously, create storms. 2. well, an earthquake is anything but a myth. they exist. so godzilla would be entirely appropriate. and bone dragons are actually not a legend from deadly myths. chupacabra would be good with it(oh, and it's my favorite mythical monster, please reply and tell me yours!)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
danton1983 wrote:
So many poster keep posting new spell ideas new animation ideas etc. this one by far is the most put together from what I have read. I give it a thumbs up. The only thing I can say is that wizard101 hasn't focused on mythology for all schools so I am not sure how well this will be received.

Thanks for being the only person who actually took the time to read this! I completely agree with you; I always see people posting ideas that seem like no thought went into it, so I made sure I did my homework. When I looked at it again I did see this pattern, but I don't think it will be aproblem. There are other mythological creatures that serve as the basis for other attacks (ex: Efreet, Colossus, Triton, Satyr, Banshee, etc.). Plus, the mythological creatures are from different myths: Amarok is from Inuit mythology, Sphinx is Egyptian mythology, Valkyrie is Viking mythology, Chimera is prevalent in many mythologies including Japanese mythology, and the list goes on.

okay, just to confirm if anyone read this post, chimera is pronounced (ka-mare-a) so, i would imagine that you people pronounced chimera, (chim-er-a) thx for reading!

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
cameron225 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
danton1983 wrote:
So many poster keep posting new spell ideas new animation ideas etc. this one by far is the most put together from what I have read. I give it a thumbs up. The only thing I can say is that wizard101 hasn't focused on mythology for all schools so I am not sure how well this will be received.

Thanks for being the only person who actually took the time to read this! I completely agree with you; I always see people posting ideas that seem like no thought went into it, so I made sure I did my homework. When I looked at it again I did see this pattern, but I don't think it will be aproblem. There are other mythological creatures that serve as the basis for other attacks (ex: Efreet, Colossus, Triton, Satyr, Banshee, etc.). Plus, the mythological creatures are from different myths: Amarok is from Inuit mythology, Sphinx is Egyptian mythology, Valkyrie is Viking mythology, Chimera is prevalent in many mythologies including Japanese mythology, and the list goes on.

Actually, i dont believe the Shpinx is even mythology, as it is a real thing and it is sitting in egypt right now (or it was when i posted this, never know when a meteor comes hurdling out of the sky and ruins a historical monument :) , jk, :D the chances of that happening are tiny, i would freak if that happened :x :?). I still absolutly LOVE your ideas, as I always loved mythology and these seem pretty correct and not like some other nonsense i see on the forums. They seem very unique too. So basicly, :D :D :D

the sphynx isn't alive. this makes it a myth. and i mean that in a way that it never was alive. it's not like the tasmanian tiger that's extinct now, does not mean that it's a myth. it has to live to not be a myth. however, i do admire your perseptive.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Falius wrote:
I like these, just 2 suggestions. As a pyromancer, I'd like to see chimera be either a DoT or possibly a new high level version of Link. Secondly while I think the spell functions you listed for Myth and Death are good. I think the creatures should be switched. Boogyman seems to fit more with death's fear against the enemy. Valykeries don't quite fit with the greek myth theme either, but maybe turn her into a fury or harpy.

i'm not sure WHERE the chimera would go in the schools to be honest!

probably in myth cuz it really doesn't have a specialty. as in, leviathan is a creature of the sea, so it goes into storm!

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Falius wrote:
I like these, just 2 suggestions. As a pyromancer, I'd like to see chimera be either a DoT or possibly a new high level version of Link. Secondly while I think the spell functions you listed for Myth and Death are good. I think the creatures should be switched. Boogyman seems to fit more with death's fear against the enemy. Valykeries don't quite fit with the greek myth theme either, but maybe turn her into a fury or harpy.

ok, so what's your favorite school besides yours and the other schools you're using? i'm a death and storm, so i think that the best school besides mine is definetely balance.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
Ok so, I'm only listing three,
Fire: Flamion ( 900 + 1235 fire damage for 4 roundsand + 100 to next attack spell ). A volcano rips from the ground and the Flamion, dripping lava and made of stone, busts out and roars . It then blasts fireballs from its hands and then crushes the enemy with its arms.

Life: Divination ( 3000 heal to all frinds + absorb 500 attack ). Bartleby, Moolinda Wu, and Sylvia Drake appear and heal you.

Death: Doom Warlock (1000 death dammage to all enemies convert half to health and gain 3 pips) a portal opens and the Warlock walks out, he then grabs the enemy and a blue orb (health) appears in his hand, he then crushes it and throws it to the user.

Dont say this is cheap! Its perfectly fair :?

- Vladus Skulldust
- Magus Necromancer
- Aka: The Necromaster

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
grapplegrounder wrote:
maybe you should replace stormzilla with thunderbird, and replace earthquake with godzilla, and if you want you can lower the damage, but earthquake does too low damage. also, you should replace bone drake with chupacabra. plus, since chupacabra is a blood sucker, it could heal you! why am I asking these? because thunderbird was an actual legend from north america. it could shoot lightning from it's eyes raise the seas with a clack of it's beak, and obviously, create storms. 2. well, an earthquake is anything but a myth. they exist. so godzilla would be entirely appropriate. and bone dragons are actually not a legend from deadly myths. chupacabra would be good with it(oh, and it's my favorite mythical monster, please reply and tell me yours!)

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Oh, and my favorite mythical creature would be centaurs or satyrs.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
egans wrote:
Ok so, I'm only listing three,
Fire: Flamion ( 900 + 1235 fire damage for 4 roundsand + 100 to next attack spell ). A volcano rips from the ground and the Flamion, dripping lava and made of stone, busts out and roars . It then blasts fireballs from its hands and then crushes the enemy with its arms.

Life: Divination ( 3000 heal to all frinds + absorb 500 attack ). Bartleby, Moolinda Wu, and Sylvia Drake appear and heal you.

Death: Doom Warlock (1000 death dammage to all enemies convert half to health and gain 3 pips) a portal opens and the Warlock walks out, he then grabs the enemy and a blue orb (health) appears in his hand, he then crushes it and throws it to the user.

Dont say this is cheap! Its perfectly fair :?

- Vladus Skulldust
- Magus Necromancer
- Aka: The Necromaster

Uh...I only asked for Fire ideas because I'm fresh out, so I'm only cirtiquing that. Flamion is like some ridiculously overpowered version of Magma Colossus.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Changes:

1. Edited the Rank 9 Fire spell again.

2. Added the "Revamped" spells. They're my version of the updated spells Lvl. 55 wizards get.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
I like them I really do. However, the storm one has no real connection to storm,on my own list, I put Storm Siren. But other than that, Really good work.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
earthwizardofdeath wrote:
I like them I really do. However, the storm one has no real connection to storm,on my own list, I put Storm Siren. But other than that, Really good work.

Sirens usually live near the sea, so it's not really necessary to say that it's Storm.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
My comments will be underlined, bold, and in red.

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It seems my original Rank 9 post has resurfaced. I'll be posting my new ideas here. Please comment if you like them and if there's anything I should change:

Attack Spells

Fire: Chieftain (80% accuracy; deals 905-925 over three rounds and -40% accuracy to all enemies): A chieftain, dressed in leaves, a grass skirt, and a tribal mask, is dancing and chanting around a fire. He then turns to the target and angrily chants and aims his staff at the heavens; the target spontaneously combusts. -40% accuracy is added to all targets.

Sorry, but the creature isn't very exciting. The damage should 870 damage over three rounds as it should be lowered to make room for the smoke screen, also, DOT spells have set damage.

Ice: Amarok (80% accuracy; deals 695 and -35% to next incoming spell for all allies): Starts with a close-up of the moon as Amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting Amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up on all fours, turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene. Tower shields appear in everyone's shield queue.

Great!

Storm: Siren (70% accuracy; deals 985-1000 to all enemies): A fog covers the field and the most wonderful melody is sung. As the fog clears, you see a woman in a tan dress sitting on a rock in the middle of an ocean, her arms behind her and her hair covering her face. She looks over at the camera, hair still covering half of her face as she continues singing. She then lets out a bloodcurdling scream, which dissipates the fog and holds up her hands, which are revealed to be claws. She then jumps from the rock in slow motion and scratches the target repeatedly, then jumps back to the rock.

Nice, though you probably will want to lower the damage and add an effect.

Balance: Sphinx (85% accuracy; deals 730 and +30% to next two spells): a desert setting is immediately established (sand, pyramids, palm trees, etc.) with the Sphinx in the middle. The ground starts rumbling, and all of a sudden the Sphinx crumbles to reveal the actual Sphinx monster. It makes eye contact with the target and runs at him/her, turning to sand upon contact.

As a balance wizard, I will say that I don't want a spell that buffs me after I spend all my pips, please come up with a new attack.

Life: Zephyr (90% accuracy; choose an enemy to deal 750 or an ally to heal 1500): the field is covered in grass and leaves. The leaves in the center of the field kick up and swirl in a cylindrical fashion; the leaves dissipate to reveal Zephyr, god of the west wind. (Heal) He smiles at the target and bows, building up his energy. He slowly stands erect and levitates, his hands above him forming a sphere of wind energy; he throws the sphere at the heal target then lowers himself to the ground. (Attack) He turns to the target with a look of ire. He spins wildly out of control and creates a fierce tornado. It tears up the landscape until it reaches the attack target.

It should do the heal and deal thing, Imagine if you wanted to finished an enemy but you healed yourself, or you tryed to heal yourself but you attacked into a life shield instead. Just lower it to 615 and 615.

Myth: Boogeyman (80% accuracy; deals 40 and 750 to all enemies): The field is covered with dark wood flooring. A door rises out of the floor; the camera zooms in on the knob, which rattles and slowly turns. The camera quickly zooms out as the door is flung open to reveal two red lights protruding through the darkness. A creature [note: the “creature” looks an Undead Wizard with burning red eyes] emerges from the darkness and the lights are revealed to be its eyes. The creature approaches the target, bends back as it sucks the life out of you (first attack), and eventually snaps forward to shoot an ocular ray (second attack).

Lower the second hit to 650. Your version is fair mathematically, but it would unbalance pvp.

Death: Valkyrie (85% accuracy; deals 875-900 to all enemies): Clouds cover and float above the field. The Valkyrie quickly rises from the clouds covering the field, dressed in black and silver armor and riding a black horse. She approaches the target and raises her hand. A silver spear materializes in her hand and she cries out as she throws it at the target.

Great animation!!! Just lower the damage by about 100.

Utility Spells

Fire: Dynamite: 2 pips; +35% and 1 turn to any DoT spell (looks like a red charm with a stick of dynamite on it).

Good.

Ice: Blockade Shield: 1 pip; +70% critical block chance against next incoming critical attack (looks like a charm with a critical block insignia).

It should be 0 pips and put 3 on at a time, critical is only a chance, and you still have a high chance to block it.

Storm: Sea Fog: 3 pips; -75% accuracy to next 3 spells.

It so it should only be -50%

Balance: Cast-Iron Shield: 0 pips; -80% to next incoming spell (looks like a dark gray shield with the global spell insignia).

0 pips for an 80% tower shield? That's surprising coming from you, plus global shields are an ice thing. Give balance an original bubble, that's what we need.

Life: Second Chance: 3 pips; Automatically brings defeated target back to life with 800 HP and 2 pips (looks like a golden ward).

Good. Though reincarnate is a better name.

Myth: Battering Ram: 3 pips; Allows an attack to go through any type of shield (looks like a yellow charm with red crosshairs).

Nice.

Death: Spiked Shield: 2 pips; -25% and half the damage is inflicted on the caster of the attack (looks like a global trap).

Very original!!!

Astral Spells

In the level cap, I would think that there would be new secondary schools or none at all as the Astral schools are celestian magic. So I wont respond to them.

Revamped Spells:

Upgraded spells are still fair, after reading these, some of them are overpowered.

Fire: Severe Scald: 5 pips; 580 damage over 4 rounds

Make it a 6 pips spell and raise the damage to be the same dpp, fire should get full power for an upgraded scald.

Ice:: Grand Theft: 2 pips; steals all shields.

This should be 5 pips, Shatter removes them all for 3 pips, so you can steal them all for less?

Storm: Tragic Tempest: X pips; 110 per pip to all enemies.

Overpowered, upgrade another one of storms spells.

Balance: Venomous Scorpion: 4 pips; 70 Myth damage, 480 Death damage over 3 rounds, and adds Guidance to caster.

Way too overpowered, Lower the damage to 50 myth damage and 390 death damage over 3 rounds.

Life: Major Blessing: 0 pips; 500 HP.

No way, a 0 pip spell that heals more than fairy? How about 100 health and a guiding light.

Myth: Dire Earthquake: 7 pips; deals 445, removes all charms and wards and prevents all enemies from casting charms or wards for 3 rounds.

Lower the damage to the same as earthquake, than lower the amount of turn the effect lasts to 2, being unshielded in pvp is a pretty big deal.

Death: Ritual Sacrifice: 5 pips; Take 630 damage to give 1010 HP and two pips.

Change the name, other than that its great.

-Solstice64

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
My comments will be underlined, bold, and in red.

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Attack Spells

Fire: Chieftain (80% accuracy; deals 905-925 over three rounds and -40% accuracy to all enemies): A chieftain, dressed in leaves, a grass skirt, and a tribal mask, is dancing and chanting around a fire. He then turns to the target and angrily chants and aims his staff at the heavens; the target spontaneously combusts. -40% accuracy is added to all targets.

Sorry, but the creature isn't very exciting. The damage should 870 damage over three rounds as it should be lowered to make room for the smoke screen, also, DOT spells have set damage.

Ice: Amarok (80% accuracy; deals 695 and -35% to next incoming spell for all allies): Starts with a close-up of the moon as Amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting Amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up on all fours, turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene. Tower shields appear in everyone's shield queue.

Great!

Nice, though you probably will want to lower the damage and add an effect.

Balance: Sphinx (85% accuracy; deals 730 and +30% to next two spells): a desert setting is immediately established (sand, pyramids, palm trees, etc.) with the Sphinx in the middle. The ground starts rumbling, and all of a sudden the Sphinx crumbles to reveal the actual Sphinx monster. It makes eye contact with the target and runs at him/her, turning to sand upon contact.

As a balance wizard, I will say that I don't want a spell that buffs me after I spend all my pips, please come up with a new attack.

It should do the heal and deal thing, Imagine if you wanted to finished an enemy but you healed yourself, or you tryed to heal yourself but you attacked into a life shield instead. Just lower it to 615 and 615.

Myth: Boogeyman (80% accuracy; deals 40 and 750 to all enemies): The field is covered with dark wood flooring. A door rises out of the floor; the camera zooms in on the knob, which rattles and slowly turns. The camera quickly zooms out as the door is flung open to reveal two red lights protruding through the darkness. A creature [note: the “creature” looks an Undead Wizard with burning red eyes] emerges from the darkness and the lights are revealed to be its eyes. The creature approaches the target, bends back as it sucks the life out of you (first attack), and eventually snaps forward to shoot an ocular ray (second attack).

Lower the second hit to 650. Your version is fair mathematically, but it would unbalance pvp.

Great animation!!! Just lower the damage by about 100.

Utility Spells

Fire: Dynamite: 2 pips; +35% and 1 turn to any DoT spell (looks like a red charm with a stick of dynamite on it).

Good.

Ice: Blockade Shield: 1 pip; +70% critical block chance against next incoming critical attack (looks like a charm with a critical block insignia).

It should be 0 pips and put 3 on at a time, critical is only a chance, and you still have a high chance to block it.

Storm: Sea Fog: 3 pips; -75% accuracy to next 3 spells.

It so it should only be -50%

Balance: Cast-Iron Shield: 0 pips; -80% to next incoming spell (looks like a dark gray shield with the global spell insignia).

0 pips for an 80% tower shield? That's surprising coming from you, plus global shields are an ice thing. Give balance an original bubble, that's what we need.

Life: Second Chance: 3 pips; Automatically brings defeated target back to life with 800 HP and 2 pips (looks like a golden ward).

Good. Though reincarnate is a better name.

Myth: Battering Ram: 3 pips; Allows an attack to go through any type of shield (looks like a yellow charm with red crosshairs).

Nice.

Death: Spiked Shield: 2 pips; -25% and half the damage is inflicted on the caster of the attack (looks like a global trap).

Very original!!!

Astral Spells

In the level cap, I would think that there would be new secondary schools or none at all as the Astral schools are celestian magic. So I wont respond to them.

Revamped Spells:

Upgraded spells are still fair, after reading these, some of them are overpowered.

Fire: Severe Scald: 5 pips; 580 damage over 4 rounds

Make it a 6 pips spell and raise the damage to be the same dpp, fire should get full power for an upgraded scald.

Ice:: Grand Theft: 2 pips; steals all shields.

This should be 5 pips, Shatter removes them all for 3 pips, so you can steal them all for less?

Storm: Tragic Tempest: X pips; 110 per pip to all enemies.

Overpowered, upgrade another one of storms spells.

Balance: Venomous Scorpion: 4 pips; 70 Myth damage, 480 Death damage over 3 rounds, and adds Guidance to caster.

Way too overpowered, Lower the damage to 50 myth damage and 390 death damage over 3 rounds.

Life: Major Blessing: 0 pips; 500 HP.

No way, a 0 pip spell that heals more than fairy? How about 100 health and a guiding light.

Myth: Dire Earthquake: 7 pips; deals 445, removes all charms and wards and prevents all enemies from casting charms or wards for 3 rounds.

Lower the damage to the same as earthquake, than lower the amount of turn the effect lasts to 2, being unshielded in pvp is a pretty big deal.

Death: Ritual Sacrifice: 5 pips; Take 630 damage to give 1010 HP and two pips.

Change the name, other than that its great.

-Solstice64