Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
I have a few a different storm rank 9 (or 10, at the rate new worlds are coming out).
Iron Golem: A warehouse is empty except for some scrap metal and a sword. Suddenly, a Steller Protector assembles. He does a Helephant-like swing with the sword to an enemy. This spell is 75% accurate and deals 1,450 damage, removes all of the enemy's charms, and puts a +20% to all outgoing damage aura (It's dark purple) over next 4 rounds on the caster.

-Kevin Stormblade, Level 56 Diviner

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Also, (Please know, this is NOT inteneded in any way shape or form to be rude/offensive) please be a little um, kinder, in your responses. I made suggestions to improve, and idea's for FUTURE spells. You requested feedback and reasons, and I gave you such. Again, wonderful ideas overall!

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Ok, here's the animation for the questionable spell for Charybdis. It's not a bad animation (at least I think).

Charybdis: A giant whirlpool expands from the center of the triangle, as it takes form, Lightning starts spurting out of the center. Once the target(s) sees this picture for a couple of seconds, a thick, defined bolt is swiftly shot out of the center, directly hitting the first target. It does the same effect to all targets on the other side.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Look, Beguile is not a spell that lets the caster see the target's cards. It makes the target help out on their team for a turn (or two).

Seeing the opponents cards has nothing to do with Beguile, because with beguile the target can attack him/her self.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
Hey!!! im a myth so i must first comment on the "bogeyman". Firstly, how would this be differentiated from a ghoul? And it seems a little too like a vampire... coffin rises up from ground, door opens... finishes attack then coffin disappears. I am secondary storm. the idea of woman on a rock singing... too ooey gooey for typical storm attacks... they are all hardcore and battle like. Thinking on medusa, judgement spells.Too similar? And the attack seems too outwardly violent. Cats are the only monsters with scratching rights in wizard 101 . But dont get mistaken. I loved your post... it was really in depth. Surely some of them must be accepted into the live game.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Funkii4710 wrote:
Well thought out list, one of the best I have read, but I feel that you should switch some of them around.

Siren (a mythological creature) should go to the Myth (not the damage just the name and animation)

The Zephyr should go to the Storm school since it is God of the Western Wind. Life has always been more focused on Earth not Air.

The Boogeyman should go to the Death School seeing as how it is a darker spell. It is associated with nightmares and darkness for as long as I have known.

I like the Chimera and the Amarok idea and the Sphinx well thought out ideas. I also like the idea of the Siren, but the Zephyr could also go with the Storm school as well.

Also whoever suggested Quetzalcoatl! Props to you! I love Aztec history!

I personally like these ideas. I am also a fan of the Aztec history so Quetzalicoati would be a good fire spell. Being a natural storm, I really like the idea of the zephyr being storm because the current storm spells only focus on the water aspect of them; a BIG part of storms have to do with air. I have to also give kudos for the sphinx, and the boogey man is good, just maybe not "boo"? That seems a tad childish don't you think? Like all the other posts said, this is just my opinion.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Great ideas!

Jonathan Walker legendary sorcerer
Jonathan Lifehunter master necromancer
John Storm apprentice diviner

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
cameron225 wrote:

Actually, i dont believe the Shpinx is even mythology, as it is a real thing and it is sitting in egypt right now (or it was when i posted this, never know when a meteor comes hurdling out of the sky and ruins a historical monument :) , jk, :D the chances of that happening are tiny, i would freak if that happened :x :?). I still absolutly LOVE your ideas, as I always loved mythology and these seem pretty correct and not like some other nonsense i see on the forums. They seem very unique too. So basicly, :D :D :D
the shpinx statue was made after the mythological creature :)

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
The post did not say they were going to add new spells or increase your experience bar. In the second paragraph, it said it would offer things to do for all levels. This might mean that Wintertusk will not offer new spells and that it could be a world that you come back to often after you complete Grizzleheim.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
LOVE the spell ideas, and yes, I can tell you why lol. I really like the mythology thing, I am into mythology, and this really fits. :D :D

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
First, I'm past done with Volcano. I don't wanna see the word 'volcano'. Now for the other ideas: having two dieties in the same rank, to me, seems weird and like I ran out of ideas, especially in the case of Vulcan (Roman mythology or not). I absolutely hate repeat ideas, so another version of Dragon is out of the question for me. A lion? I see that more as a Balance animal. Using the sun in a Fire spell also seems weird after Power Nova and especially Ra.

Let me check icewing43's ideas before I suggest anything.

Well, about the dragon... when I say "different forms," I mean "WAY different forms." Compare European Fafnir with Chinese Futs-Lung.

Hey, speaking of which, there's a definite lack of Eastern mythology in the game. Has anyone noticed that? There's the Oni, but they don't actually look much like actual oni. And... that's it. Perhaps something from, say, China, Japan, India, or Australia? (Yeah, that's "eastern," and some of the Aborigine legends are amazing.) Like a kitsunebi?

Also,a v[redacted]ic er[redacted]on IS a pretty destructive event under the right conditions. I know all too well how overused a suggestion it is, but... you get the idea.

Okay, enough about Fire. I'm beginning to want to cremate insects.

To Myth, then. Well, a less anticlimactic attack mode could concievably be used (and the appearance could be revamped too). Say, for instance, that instead of emerging from the closet, the Bo[redacted... I, personally, don't like the name]an could initially appear as two glaring eyes. Then, it could come out, somewhat resembling the new Grubb design (sans shovel). Maybe it could roar or howl to attack? I do like the "sonic wound" thing.

Now I want to leave offerings in my closet. Okay, you said the Storm idea could be tweaked.

Hmm... natural disasters are taken (Tempest), sea creatures have had their turn....

You know, someone mentioned Charybdis. (Which, funnily enough, occupies both slots.) Someone else said the Wizards and whirlpool were stationary. Out of curiosity, what does Charybdis do with all that water? There's no way she swallows it.

Yup! Just checked. She coughs it all up. Thats could create a pretty forceful wave. Maybe that's how it could damage.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
twomen1 wrote:
The only good one is the Death one cuz it attacks and heals in one spell

Okay, so what's wrong with the other six?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
stelargk wrote:
Also, (Please know, this is NOT inteneded in any way shape or form to be rude/offensive) please be a little um, kinder, in your responses. I made suggestions to improve, and idea's for FUTURE spells. You requested feedback and reasons, and I gave you such. Again, wonderful ideas overall!

This is me trying not to be rude, which I guess isn't working. Maybe I should just give up.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
A chimera?I think it should just be a volcano or a lava monster.

*sigh* I wish people would stop asking for a volcanic eruption. Why does everyone immediately think 'volcano' when thinking of a new Fire spell. I'm not replacing Chimera with a volcano any time soon.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
christopher62597 wrote:
I LOVE YOUR IDEA!!!!!!! I think its some of the best spell ideas ever! I am a Theurgist so I have to comment on Zephyr, I love this spell idea becuase its such a great compromise. I always think about how I wanna see more attack spells but we need healing spells still to, so great compromise! I do like how the spell ideas are all come from completely different myths from different cultures. I always thought Chimera would be a Balance spell but I see how it can work for fire. All in all THANK YOU!!!!!!! These are spells that I can see in game & should be in game. Thank you for reading!

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.60 Theurgist
Legendary Theurgist
I am also a theurgist and i was just wondering, does zephyr give you the choice of healing you are damage? or does it heal then do damage? also, how is zephyr related to life? i thought he was the west wind? just some questions

Jonathan Dreammask Master of Nature

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008
I was trying to make up spells with my friend the other day, and, these are alot better than what we could think of.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
wooooah nice spell list there. i especially like the idea for the chimera animation, and siren also sounds good, but how about having her fingers trail with lightning as they scratch. the animations are all great, and i think they should be picked.

cya in the spiral

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
lol wow me and you pretty much had the same idea on these three.

Fire: Chimera (80% accuracy; deals 935-980 to all enemies): A mountain rises from the ground, geysers spouting fire. As the large center geyser spouts, the flames form the shape of the chimera. It approaches the target as the lioness, goat, and snake all take a deep breath and breath fire at the target.

Ice: Amarok (80% accuracy; deals 790 and steals a shield): Starts with a close-up of the moon as the amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up and turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene.

Balance: Sphinx (85% accuracy; deals 835 and adds two Hex traps): a desert setting is immediately established (sand, pyramids, palm trees, etc.) with the Sphinx in the middle. The ground starts rumbling, and all of a sudden the Sphinx crumbles to reveal the actual Sphinx monster. It makes eye contact with the target and runs at him/her, turning to sand upon contact.

Except for the stats, and the name for ice i said Fenrir but its pretty much the same, a giant white-lightblue wolf
but yeah i like the ideas

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
bmaillet wrote:
I personally like these ideas. I am also a fan of the Aztec history so Quetzalicoati would be a good fire spell. Being a natural storm, I really like the idea of the zephyr being storm because the current storm spells only focus on the water aspect of them; a BIG part of storms have to do with air. I have to also give kudos for the sphinx, and the boogey man is good, just maybe not "boo"? That seems a tad childish don't you think? Like all the other posts said, this is just my opinion.

Quetzalcoatl has nothing to do with fire though, so it wouldn't make sense. Zephyr is the bringer of spring, which is why I used him as a Life spell and not a Storm spell. By the way, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say the current Storm spells only focus on water. The only one that focuses solely on water is Tempest, the others focus on mythical creatures that have to do with the sea or lightning. Thanks for your comments on Sphinx and Boogeyman. I'm still working on the spells, so I might change the 'boo'.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
Well, about the dragon... when I say "different forms," I mean "WAY different forms." Compare European Fafnir with Chinese Futs-Lung.

Hey, speaking of which, there's a definite lack of Eastern mythology in the game. Has anyone noticed that? There's the Oni, but they don't actually look much like actual oni. And... that's it. Perhaps something from, say, China, Japan, India, or Australia? (Yeah, that's "eastern," and some of the Aborigine legends are amazing.) Like a kitsunebi?

Also,a v[redacted]ic er[redacted]on IS a pretty destructive event under the right conditions. I know all too well how overused a suggestion it is, but... you get the idea.

Okay, enough about Fire. I'm beginning to want to cremate insects.

To Myth, then. Well, a less anticlimactic attack mode could concievably be used (and the appearance could be revamped too). Say, for instance, that instead of emerging from the closet, the Bo[redacted... I, personally, don't like the name]an could initially appear as two glaring eyes. Then, it could come out, somewhat resembling the new Grubb design (sans shovel). Maybe it could roar or howl to attack? I do like the "sonic wound" thing.

Now I want to leave offerings in my closet. Okay, you said the Storm idea could be tweaked.

Hmm... natural disasters are taken (Tempest), sea creatures have had their turn....

You know, someone mentioned Charybdis. (Which, funnily enough, occupies both slots.) Someone else said the Wizards and whirlpool were stationary. Out of curiosity, what does Charybdis do with all that water? There's no way she swallows it.

Yup! Just checked. She coughs it all up. Thats could create a pretty forceful wave. Maybe that's how it could damage.

I've noticed this as well. I think KI didn't include Asian inspired spells because people (no matter what age) find it hard to pronounce or remember anything related to Asian culture. It annoys me to no end, but I must admit if I wasn't an Asian Studies major, I'd probably be just as blissfully ignorant as everyone else. I'd rather KI continue excluding Asian culture than have people saying, "I like that Chinese dragon, what's-its-name," when it's Japanese. Anyway, even though v[redacted]ic er[redacted]ons have been known as some of the most catastrophic events leaving the worst aftermath possible (Pompeii, of course, is a perfect example), I'm sick of it being everyone's go-to suggestion for Fire. I'm sorry, but I really don't see what's wrong with Chimera; it makes sense, it's reasonable technically, and people think the description is interesting.

For Myth, I was thinking about your idea. As much as I like it, I think people would catch that it looks like Grubb. People have already made the weirdest connections with my spells to other spells. Someone said this spell reminded them of Vampire! I really liked the cloaked figure idea; I got it from a picture I saw on Wikipedia (I know, original). I saw the picture and immediately thought, Perfect. Maybe we can combine them? The first thing you see as soon as the door flings open are the gleaming red eyes in the dark closet. The cloaked figure then floats out of the closet; all you can make out in the creature's hood is the burning red eyes. The creature then bends back as the eyes "power-up", and shoots a red ray from its eyes. Is that better?

Uh...I don't know about Charybdis. The fact that it's the maker of whirlpools is a big part of her legend. It would be weird to showcase the fact that the gulps enormous amounts of water and then vomits it back out (in this case into the faces of the enemies). It would seem like Tempest and Humongofrog combined.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
BlueJay1020 wrote:
I am also a theurgist and i was just wondering, does zephyr give you the choice of healing you are damage? or does it heal then do damage? also, how is zephyr related to life? i thought he was the west wind? just some questions

Jonathan Dreammask Master of Nature

Zephyr is the bringer of spring. I guess since the Life school is always depicted when nature is in spring, I figured it made sense. As for your question on the spell's effects, I don't get what you're asking.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I've noticed this as well. I think KI didn't include Asian inspired spells because people (no matter what age) find it hard to pronounce or remember anything related to Asian culture. It annoys me to no end, but I must admit if I wasn't an Asian Studies major, I'd probably be just as blissfully ignorant as everyone else. I'd rather KI continue excluding Asian culture than have people saying, "I like that Chinese dragon, what's-its-name," when it's Japanese. Anyway, even though v[redacted]ic er[redacted]ons have been known as some of the most catastrophic events leaving the worst aftermath possible (Pompeii, of course, is a perfect example), I'm sick of it being everyone's go-to suggestion for Fire. I'm sorry, but I really don't see what's wrong with Chimera; it makes sense, it's reasonable technically, and people think the description is interesting.

Dear lord, I know how you feel. I study mythical beasts (and am interested in Eastern cultures) and a sanity strand snaps every time someonesays something like "hey, you know that Chinese dragon, Ryujin or whatever you said?"

As for Chimera, it still fits for other Schools well. Also, the term "chimera" is general, meaning an animal that is a combination of other beings.

For Myth, I was thinking about your idea. As much as I like it, I think people would catch that it looks like Grubb. People have already made the weirdest connections with my spells to other spells. Someone said this spell reminded them of Vampire! I really liked the cloaked figure idea; I got it from a picture I saw on Wikipedia (I know, original). I saw the picture and immediately thought, Perfect. Maybe we can combine them? The first thing you see as soon as the door flings open are the gleaming red eyes in the dark closet. The cloaked figure then floats out of the closet; all you can make out in the creature's hood is the burning red eyes. The creature then bends back as the eyes "power-up", and shoots a red ray from its eyes. Is that better?

Hmm... that sounds like a good plan to me.

Uh...I don't know about Charybdis. The fact that it's the maker of whirlpools is a big part of her legend. It would be weird to showcase the fact that the gulps enormous amounts of water and then vomits it back out (in this case into the faces of the enemies). It would seem like Tempest and Humongofrog combined.

Well... how about this: there could be a ship caught in the whirlpool, which could spiral into the center, where it would burst apart, and the damage could be dealt by the rubble striking the target? Also, more glowing eyes (getting to be overused, I know) in the center could cement the idea of it being a monster causing a whirlpool.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
bmaillet wrote:

Quetzalcoatl has nothing to do with fire though, so it wouldn't make sense. Zephyr is the bringer of spring, which is why I used him as a Life spell and not a Storm spell. By the way, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say the current Storm spells only focus on water. The only one that focuses solely on water is Tempest, the others focus on mythical creatures that have to do with the sea or lightning. Thanks for your comments on Sphinx and Boogeyman. I'm still working on the spells, so I might change the 'boo'.

ok, i have some ideas for new ones (not to contradict you, just to add some new thought.

first though, tell me which ones concern wind in the storm spells. and plus, i didnt say soely water and nothing else, i meant more along the lines of even though there are the mythical storm creatures, they still contain lightning and water, not wind (sorry for the misunderstanding). and i wasn't disagreeing with zephyr, just saying i think, and once again just my opinion, it would make a better storm spell. oh, and whoever mentioned charybdis, maybe that would work too.

and concerning quetzalcoati, i did a little research, maybe it could be the life? because the myths say he contrubuted essentially to the creation of mandkind.

for fire, perhaps the cherufe? go here for more on it- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherufe

for death, maybe the ammit? its the egyptian demon also known as the devourer of the dead (and dont say this is balance because of the krokotopia egypt thing)

ice, maybe a yeti? i couldn't find much on ice though, so thats all i could come up with (sorry if you think its not original enough for you)

i do like the sphinx for balance, so i would keep that one

myth, perhaps sun wukong the monkey king? just a little chinese myths for ya there 8)