Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helphant Cards for Aquarium

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
Seriously? Please, please, please, make this easier for my Legendary Life wizard. I hate more than anything having to ask people for help I dread going around begging my friends to make these cards - which also need Pheonix cards by the way. I was so much looking forward to making this aquarium and you have no idea how dejected I feel right now at the prospect of what it will take to get those cards. I can't give anyone I know any of the materials it will take to make them because we can't trade them and I don't have crowns to pay a fire wizard to make them for me. Even if I did have crowns who would want to spend all that time for a quest that isn't theirs? It would cost a lot. If this is the way crafting is going to be then please label the recipes so that we will know who can actually make them. I have been hanging out at the bazaar for two days and have not been able to purchase any of these cards. The holiday weekend is almost over and back to work and school tomorrow which means that if I want to make this aquarium I will be spending the little amount of time I have every once in a while tied up basically being a beggar for a project that gives me no value except for the fun of having made it. Now I get to look forward to doing research on each and every recipe I am interested in before I buy it and again that is not what I want to be spending my time doing.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
O: an aquarium recipe? Who sells it, I must know! I'd like to craft one but from the looks of it sounds like a challenge.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Well, I must admit that the Helephant cards are pretty hard to get. I have a fire wizard that I trained up to Adept so that I could make the cards. In fact, I have wizards of each school that have trained up in Crafting just so that I don't have to try to trade for any hard-to-find cards. Sharing reagents through the Shared Bank helps too.

Now, with the addition of Gardening, crafting is getting even easier. Many plants give you cards and reagents when you harvest them.

If you haven't already, check out some of the fansites, where they have card-trading forums and other information that might make the Aquarium a little easier for you.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
Torald Wayfinder in Grizzleheim has the recipe. I'm also looking for the helephant treasure cards.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, crafting is a way to get the Helephant treasure cards! However, for those of you that have farmed the Ravens, you should know, that you can get many a good treasure cards from them. Helephant being one of them!

Just a little FYI!

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
Thanks for all of you suggestions. In the few months since I've been playing I have fought Ravens about 75 times and have received maybe 2 helepahnt cards. Granted I have received many other awesome items and had lots of fun but for an aquarium this is a little crazy I think. I have a friend that has a character with several helephant cards and he cannot trade them to me because of trading restrictions. I finally was able to spend about 90 minutes at the bazaar just looking for this card and in that time was able to purchase one - they go quick!. I am excited about making other characters but am an adult with a full time job and am in college full time so I get to spend a limited time playing. Its sad to think that the most viable way for me to enjoy unrestricted crafting of really awesome items is to wait another year or two until I can get a few more characters leveled. I am very, very disapointed. I was looking forward to really enjoying my legendary life character because I love her so much but her game time seems now to be limited to helping young ones who scream 'PORT' at me constantly. :( :( :( :(

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
Oh, and I am a level 9 gardener, have gardened a lot of the plants (I think there are a couple I haven't grown yet maybe) and have not received one helephant card. If there is a specific plant that gives them out please let me know!!! Thanks.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Spring72 - your friend must have enhanced TC (ie, they used accuracy boost or strength boost to make them), as crafted TC can be traded. Enhanced TC cannot be used to craft items, so it doesn't really matter about the trade restriction in this case.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
:( I feel your pain!
I'm still trying to figure out how to get the cards without begging too.

It seems like the GH house would be easier to craft than the aquarium and take far less time.

Apparently the real double secret main ingredient is "unobtainium."

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
Aritako wrote:
Oh you might check the helephant ear plants!

As per my experience with an entire crop of elephant ear plants, they only produced "Sun Birds". I was finally able to craft the aquarium after obtaining "Helephants" from the bazaar on a Friday afternoon/evening when all the real life schools dismissed for the weekend. You just have to keep refreshing the Fire Treasure Card button. On a rather disappointing note, the aquarium only has one fish.

Happy Hunting,
Logan Wintersong
Grandmaster Gardener

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
mantasia0126 wrote:
Aritako wrote:
Oh you might check the helephant ear plants!

As per my experience with an entire crop of elephant ear plants, they only produced "Sun Birds". I was finally able to craft the aquarium after obtaining "Helephants" from the bazaar on a Friday afternoon/evening when all the real life schools dismissed for the weekend. You just have to keep refreshing the Fire Treasure Card button. On a rather disappointing note, the aquarium only has one fish.

Happy Hunting,
Logan Wintersong
Grandmaster Gardener

i am a pyromacer with to many of helephants! i will gladly trade. and by trade i mean you give me cards for my cards. i spent quite a few coins crafting those bad boys!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Was crafting designed to take the fun out of the game? So far any crafting project has been anything but fun. That Seal of Seven Seas project was absolutely ridiculous. Golden pearls were needed to craft that. Ok that's fine but then one needs Polymorph Treant cards. So you go to the Archivist to purchase cards and it says you are not allowed to purchase the card because it is level 58. So then you find out that you can purchase a recipe to make the card. Then you find out that to make treant cards it takes golden pearls also and not just one or two. Each card needs about 15 or 20 golden pearls. So there went your stock of golden pearls to make seals because you need to use them to make 5 cards. Who's bright idea was this.
So now I need Helephant cards. Bad enough they are like the rarest cards anywhere. You can't even purchase a recipe for it unless you are a student of the Fire school. Another absolutely brilliant idea. Why do you designers keep insisting we beg friends for cards or whatever for crafting project. It is one thing to ask friends to assist in battles but also have to support you in personal projects as well.
Redesign crafting or why not just do away with it. Wizard101 used to be a fun place to be.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
I came here hoping to find solutions. It seems that I am not alone (by a long way) with my crafting problems. I am legendary and hoped to be able to work on some of the crafting projects now. I really want the aquarium and find it has been made almost impossible for non-fire students. You need to allow non-students of the schools the opportunity to buy reciepes from the trees at some point in the game. I don't mind waiting till level 50 or something like that but I bought the crafting spell and have no way to use it. That is not right. If the crafting requires a certain school of magic, it should at least be noted on the reciepe. I'm VERY disappointed.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Wow...I sure feel your pain. I have an aquarium but it took forever to craft on my life mage. I even have a very close friend who is a Legendary Fire mage now but was a Grand when I asked and still couldn't get the cards. My husband stepped up and gave me a couple and I spent time in the bazaar searching while I was there. I have not heard or seen anything that will give you Helphant cards. I wish I had an easy answer for you as I know it took me months to make my aquarium. Honestly what I have found is when test realm is open and staff offers new recipes I make a list of ingredients of recipes I am interested in. Then go back to the real realm and start stocking up. Once the recipe goes live it's much harder to get the ingredients you need. The seal of the Seven Seas was a bear to make and I even helped a friend by making the required cards for her. It took me two days to get all the cards as I was waiting for my craft slots to clear. I wish I could help you other then by saying it can be done it just takes time and patience.

Good Luck in your crafting
Rayne