Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bullying in the game/Report

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Hi,
I have been playing wizard 101 lately and today I was helping my friend, and this girl came up to us and said we were noobs.
We asked her very nicey to leave us alone but she kept saying " make me noobs"
We said please leave us alone, but she wouldn't.
And then this girl said "Do it Allison, their ugh lee anyway!"
I asked her "Why are you so harsh Allison?"
Then my friend said "Ya, why can't you be nice for a change?"
And then she didn't leave, she said she was gonna report us!
I told Maria to get off fast!
I distracted her before she could report me.
We both got on another charecter.
I hope you will put a stop to that.
I mean really?
Bullying in a game?
I bet she is a bully in real life too!
Fellow gamer,
Taylor Swift/Shanna SkyHeart
P.S. the game is fun! :D

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Just click on ignore...you won't hear her...and that takes away most of the problems.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
sparl1234 wrote:
Hi,
I have been playing wizard 101 lately and today I was helping my friend, and this girl came up to us and said we were noobs.
I mean really?
Bullying in a game?
Fellow gamer,

You don't have to "get off fast". You have two tools to help you with bullies.

First, click on their name in the chat box window. When their character appears in the upper right corner of your screen, just click on "ignore".

Second, you and your friend can just "switch realms".

Problem solved.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
i was brutally attacked the night before Martin Luther King day. i had a small argument with a girl that was being rude and i was about to leave when she called all her friends to fight her battle for her. they literally backed me into a corner of the commons, surrounded me, turned on their caps lock to simulate shouting and started taunting, teasing, name calling, lying, cussing and basically bullying. when i threatened to report, they called me a snitch. they assumed i was a noob because my character is only at level 7. i tried to tell them that my other character is level 60 but they wouldn't listen. they only heard what they wanted to hear. this is supposed to be a family game. the last thing this game needs is a pack of thugs wandering around and mobbing other players for disagreeing with them.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
You realize even if you log off quickly, you can still be reported. Your name can still be right clicked on in the chat box and a report can still be filed.

sparl1234 wrote:
Hi,
I mean really?
Bullying in a game?
Fellow gamer,

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I have had issues with bullying. Especially on my balance and storm wizard. I enjoy playing wizard 101 but continue to encounter people who are not only rude but use very offensive words. I can ignore pepole just fine but when they use racial slurs or make serious threats I have a real issue with that. I know that all I can do is report but I wanted to take the opportunity to vent on this message board lol. Thanks for reading!

Legendary Death: Stephanie Shadowstone
Legendary Life: Stephanie LifeCrafter
Grandmaster Balance: Stephanie Legendfinder
Magus Storm: Stephanie Stormcatcher

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Silence is an appropriate response. No matter how frustrated you are, you do not have to have the last word.

Go to your dorm room. Go to another realm. Move to another section of the game. Use the “ignore” option.

You do not have to continue chatting with those players that are in the wrong. It is not your responsibility to correct the conduct of other players. That responsibility is the domain of KI.

Let the players in the wrong be frustrated by not getting a response from you and eventually they will go away.

There is no way that the other players can control your movement in the game. So for the player who was backed "into the corner in the commons," walk through those players and go about your business.

If their chat annoys you, then turn off chat balloons and close your text box.

KI has provided all of us with multiple tools and many options in order to assist us in handling those players that offend us.

There is no reason why the bad behavior or misconduct of others should ruin your enjoyment of this game.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
misotyle wrote:
i was brutally attacked the night before Martin Luther King day. i had a small argument with a girl that was being rude and i was about to leave when she called all her friends to fight her battle for her. they literally backed me into a corner of the commons, surrounded me, turned on their caps lock to simulate shouting and started taunting, teasing, name calling, lying, cussing and basically bullying. when i threatened to report, they called me a snitch. they assumed i was a noob because my character is only at level 7. i tried to tell them that my other character is level 60 but they wouldn't listen. they only heard what they wanted to hear. this is supposed to be a family game. the last thing this game needs is a pack of thugs wandering around and mobbing other players for disagreeing with them.

haha. look you no you can just switch realms or run THROUGH THEM! i must admit, i do this to noobs in celestia, but i always keep it "professional"

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
CoopKoda wrote:
You realize even if you log off quickly, you can still be reported. Your name can still be right clicked on in the chat box and a report can still be filed.

sparl1234 wrote:
Hi,
I mean really?
Bullying in a game?
Fellow gamer,

but it wont do anything

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
don't know why you all are laughing. i certainly don't think it's funny. bullying isn't something to laugh at or make fun of. honestly i'm disappointed in the conduct of the players on both the game and the message boards. why can't people be just a little kinder to one another? i'm not asking for world peace, i just think people need to act more civil to one another.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
They aren't laughing about the bullying, misotyle. You can just run right through players so there is no way anyone can "back you into a corner." You can also just log of or switch realms to get away from the bullying.

Bullying isn't going to stop because there aren't enough KI employees to monitor every single person and people will always find ways. Just ignore the bullies or walk away from the bullies. If you can't ignore them or they follow you when you try to go elsewhere, just teleport to your dorm or house or a friend or do something else that gets you out of there instantly.