Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

snow angel

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
i have been working on the snow angel quest
this is my third try. i think it is WAYYYY too hard
volkair is impossible and the minion doesn't
even have ice weakness so this quest is SOOOOOOOO hard

so plz change it

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I hope it is not changed. Yes it can be difficult, but you will need to adapt and grow; plus there are guides on fansites of how to do it. There are challenges that need to be overcome, they don't need to be changed to suit the whims of those who give up too easily.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I recently did the quest for snow angel. Yes, the boss was little difficult, but only because I wasn't very well prepared. I did manage to defeat the boss. I did this by slowly hacking away at him and using my minion.

One thing you can do is make sure you have few potions. Place a mark inside the chamber. Kill the minion first. If you happen to die, drink a potion and port back to your mark. The boss will be alone. Place another mark before approaching the boss for battle.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
superluther wrote:
I recently did the quest for snow angel. Yes, the boss was little difficult, but only because I wasn't very well prepared. I did manage to defeat the boss. I did this by slowly hacking away at him and using my minion.

One thing you can do is make sure you have few potions. Place a mark inside the chamber. Kill the minion first. If you happen to die, drink a potion and port back to your mark. The boss will be alone. Place another mark before approaching the boss for battle.

i tried that...

it didn't work

Alex StarBreeze aka aquateam2

Armiger
May 10, 2010
aquateam2 wrote:
superluther wrote:

i tried that...

it didn't work

Yes, yes, let us cry so everything can be handed to us! Please! I want it and I want it now, I want the game to be too easy and no challenges what-so-ever! Please change everything, give all enemies only 1 health and always let us go first, please!

Get over it! It is not that hard. Get your 58 gear, you will have good resist all, kill minion quickly, heal yourself, it is not hard at all. The only thing that makes it hard, is the fact that you must not have any skill at all!

KI, you have made a great game, please don't listen to these whiners! Get a grip it is not that hard. They have made the game too easy as it is!

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Yet another post of those working for level 58 spells, for quest/requirements to be "changed"/lowered for their benefit. I am personally sick and tired of these posts of people whining of "how hard it is." If you would consult the fansites, you would find both strategy and step by step instructions of how to defeat these quests. Though a challenge for some, is made to make you grow and adapt; and prepare you for worlds to come. So buck up, stop trying to change the system to meet you desires and DO IT. And for the record it is possible to do "Snow Angel Quest" with out henchmen; it took a couple of attempts and analyze how I need to be change but it was done and I am now happy owner of said spell.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
darthjt wrote:
aquateam2 wrote:
superluther wrote:

i tried that...

it didn't work

Yes, yes, let us cry so everything can be handed to us! Please! I want it and I want it now, I want the game to be too easy and no challenges what-so-ever! Please change everything, give all enemies only 1 health and always let us go first, please!

Get over it! It is not that hard. Get your 58 gear, you will have good resist all, kill minion quickly, heal yourself, it is not hard at all. The only thing that makes it hard, is the fact that you must not have any skill at all!

KI, you have made a great game, please don't listen to these whiners! Get a grip it is not that hard. They have made the game too easy as it is!

Darthjt, for the record I was not saying this boss was too hard. I said it was a LITTLE difficult because I had not prepared properly, which is almost like saying with proper prep I would have had no problems. My comment to the OP was in an effort to explain how to solo a boss by placing a mark--a trick I use frequently since I solo most bosses.

Not all people have the skill to defeat bosses as easy as some. That is why on these forums, and even in the game, I DO NOT incriminate or debase someone for their opinions or their skill level. I simply give them advice on how I solved the problem or add my own opinion in hopes of helping them become better players. Maybe this is something others should consider.

To the OP about the mark not working. If you die after placing the mark, DO NOT stand around waiting to gain health. You only have a small window of opportunity before the mark becomes useless. Drink a potion and then port back. This should only take a few seconds. That is the reason on my original post i said to make sure you had a few potions.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
I totally understand, I had tried the quest for Efreet, VERY HARD. I tried everything everyone told me to do, minion, potions, didnt work. but I finally had an idea that worked on the first try for me. buy some crowns, have enough to be able to buy 3 legendary henchman from the crown shop. 3 because 1 would be a max life henchman, use the other 2 for boosts or the opposite for the ones your fighting, my boss was ice and his minion was storm, so i bought a max life, fire, and myth. worked out great, if you try, it might work.

Alexandra LotusFlower, Legendary Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
The point that KI is trying to make by making the quest a challenge is thatyou must EARN snow angel.I recently got it, i beat the boss and minion with no henchman and at the end i had 42 health points. If you run out of possibilities and his health is pretty low,use polymorph bandit. Equip lots of things that give critical and critical block. He is tough, but definitely not impossible. Ilove the reward and the nerve-wracking fun of the fight. Just keep trying.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:
aquateam2 wrote:
superluther wrote:

i tried that...

it didn't work

dude harsh i mean i know you probably think you are the greatest wizard101 player ever but you don't need to say that people don't have skill that's just mean it's harder for some people i had a few trys with my storm wizard to get leviathan so are you gonna say i don't have skill well i got the spell so i guess i do have skill cause it only took me 3 trys

Survivor
May 18, 2010
aquateam2 wrote:
i have been working on the snow angel quest
this is my third try. i think it is WAYYYY too hard
volkair is impossible and the minion doesn't
even have ice weakness so this quest is SOOOOOOOO hard

so plz change it
OK please people quit trying to make the lvl 58 card bosses easier. Yes these bosses are very, very....very hard but all of the schools bosses are this hard. It took me 7 times to get skeletal dragon . I havnt fought the ice boss but i know its no harder than any of the other bosses.

John Deathblade lvl 60

Find the way through the fog and you will see all the answers....

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
joey110498 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
aquateam2 wrote:
superluther wrote:

i tried that...

it didn't work

dude harsh i mean i know you probably think you are the greatest wizard101 player ever but you don't need to say that people don't have skill that's just mean it's harder for some people i had a few trys with my storm wizard to get leviathan so are you gonna say i don't have skill well i got the spell so i guess i do have skill cause it only took me 3 trys
i totally agree

Jonathan Dreammask Master Life wizard

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
it too me exactly 37 tries to get snow angel but i still got it and i didnt even have lvl 58 gear! just use heals and minion
my ice minion bladed me and the boss casted hex on him! just mae sure you have lots of heals and minions
finnigan willow wraith lvl 60 ice wizard :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)