Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the level 28 spell?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2009
I have tried beating the bad guy for my level 28 spell, but he is 3X my health! And it doesn't allow friends! I know I'm supposed to learn how to beat enimies who have higher health than me but I don't think I can, I'm balance I dont have any specific blades or traps for me, and my the highest spell is skeletal pirate! I just wanted to know if it is worth doing it when i have 1,700 health. btw it's the balance spell

Hero
May 27, 2009
Use your MINION! They don't call him the Helpful Mander for nothing. He will shield you and donate pips and even attack, so you can concentrate on keeping your health up. Put a few of his summoning card in your deck in case the enemy decides to take him out. Don't waste pips on out-of-school-spells like Skeletal Pirate - if you are Balance, then use Balance spells.

As for if the spell is worth it, well, yes, and if you don't complete this quest for your teacher, you won't get the next assignment.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
mrsedwardculen wrote:
I have tried beating the bad guy for my level 28 spell, but he is 3X my health! And it doesn't allow friends! I know I'm supposed to learn how to beat enimies who have higher health than me but I don't think I can, I'm balance I dont have any specific blades or traps for me, and my the highest spell is skeletal pirate! I just wanted to know if it is worth doing it when i have 1,700 health. btw it's the balance spell

You should have by this time a non-specific blade and trap from the balance school plus elemental blade and trap from Niles. Those four spells, with say a 10-20% damage boost from your school can really do damage to an elemental spell:

Assuming spectral blast's (lvl 26) fire:
440 x 1.10 x 1.25 x 1.25 x 1.30 x 1.35 = 1327 damage

As you could also buy feint:
1327 x 1.70 = 2256 damage.

Just build layers of boosting and you can do amazing damage. Note, with feint, this would cost a total of 7 pips and take 6 rounds of casting. Assume in 6 rounds that the boss will do 500-700 damage to you (or about half what you have).

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
you dont have to fight the boss to get the spell. you may think you have to fight him to get the book you dont. the book is behind him. just sneak behind mctavish and the minion and try to get the crate with the book inside.

Trust me i did that quest before

Jacob EarthSword - lvl 56 balance
William HexRunner - lvl 2 death
Edward LionBlade - lvl 12 myth

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
But look...you get a MINION! I always think Myth has it easy, being able to summon minions almost from the start! And remember the Ice motto...

With Persistance, Victory is assured.

Why do you only have about 750 hit points? Are you Storm?

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
mrsedwardculen wrote:

K heres what ya gotta do.... RUN AROUND HIM! :-D

Garrett RavenFinder Legendary Sorcerer

Explorer
May 21, 2011
mrsedwardculen wrote:

I just did this like a week ago cause i'm lvl 29 and i tried to defeat him 3 times. Then i noticed the room is really big, and there was a crate behind them. I tried to walk around them, get the crate, and it worked! why would they make you defeat a boss that high health? No offense but balance wiz are supposed to know this.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
you got it easy! Life wizards have to deafeat the boss nine times! Walking around him isn't possible becouse there is no crate behind him! Just remember, life wizards have it hard, we don't hit hard

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I'm guessing your Balance from other posts. If you are, just walk around the guys. Easy as pi. Don't have to fight them.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Well it's a lucky day for you! You're lucky I read your post. If you are level 28 Balance, ready for the bombed spell Judgement that rules the Balance world. Yup, I had the same problem. Guess what, I know a glitch.
You can just ignore the battle and go around the whole area. (battle area)
Though you must stay with the wall or you might get pulled in by random.
Go to the back of the room and get the crate and TADA you get your Judgement spell. (well you gotta go back to Balance school) hoped that helped!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
This is my first time responding to a post on here, but I figured after reading what you wrote, I'd attempt to help too. Have you considered going to the Bizarre and selling everything you don't use/need, in Olde Town? After you do and you have enough gold and/or crowns, upgrade your outfits and blades, swords, wands so you get more health and mana. That's normally what I do, at least. Then I just go back to wizard city, buy my mana bottles at the fair grounds and go back to wherever I was. I'm having issues in Marleybone too, so you're not alone. I'm almost a level 31, and I still can't complete my quest for my school, from hitting level 30. I have to get to Chelsea Court and fighting on top of the roof is a pain. Every time I try to get to where I have to be, I get dragged into a fight. Anyway, best of luck to you and I hope by the time you read this, you beat your guy. :-)

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
MedievalManor wrote:
This is my first time responding to a post on here, but I figured after reading what you wrote, I'd attempt to help too. Have you considered going to the Bizarre and selling everything you don't use/need, in Olde Town? After you do and you have enough gold and/or crowns, upgrade your outfits and blades, swords, wands so you get more health and mana. That's normally what I do, at least. Then I just go back to wizard city, buy my mana bottles at the fair grounds and go back to wherever I was. I'm having issues in Marleybone too, so you're not alone. I'm almost a level 31, and I still can't complete my quest for my school, from hitting level 30. I have to get to Chelsea Court and fighting on top of the roof is a pain. Every time I try to get to where I have to be, I get dragged into a fight. Anyway, best of luck to you and I hope by the time you read this, you beat your guy. :)

What school are you cause i didnt have a very hard time in MB. i got a 48 storm 46 fire all you need to do is stick to the outsides :P

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
you'll get the jugement spell and it's one of the best spells in the game.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
My Ice wizard had to defeat a boss with 2,000 health for that spell. I somehow managed to do it though. Try bringing treasure cards. That might help. :D

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
the boss was esay for my be cos im a life an hi is a deth so my steratg is prble
difrent then uors just yous lots of heling
hope i helped
marygreenbloom lev 32 life