Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101's leak of proper monitoring...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
I am wondering if I report someone, do they get an automatic warning or do someone actually review the chat logs? I am playing close 300 dollars for this game in this week alone and I demand that someone actually care enough for the amount of money we pay to play.

Basically after a game of PvP, the loser complained and called me a "noob" and then I said "This is my standard mob deck, you won't stand a chance against my real deck" (I didn't swap for PvP purposes, cause I forgot). Then minutes later I got a warning for foul language. Are you kidding me? This is not acceptable as clearly no one even bothered checking the logs. I would understand if the warning is automatic whenever someone reports you. Would someone get this sorted out and reply, thanks. You can check my chat log today right before I logged off. Janurary 16th, 2011 (before 9h55am, Eastern Standard time, North America). The warning came two secods after the conversation, I really hope it's automatic or you won't get any cent out of me, This is an outrage.

The answer you seek is readily available in the FAQ sections of the site and message boards.

What happens when I get reported?
When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

What is Reportable?
We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

What is not Reportable?
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
Thanks for your timely response. I have read the FAQ section; I supposed I was a bit too heated to describe the issue properly. I got a "warning for profanity" message on my screen and I did not have even remotely close to profanity. In fact it's insulting to even think that I would swear to use profanity in any situation.

I was wondering if the warning message is already the result of someone checking the logs and AGREEING that the report was made correctly or rather it's an automated warning message that occurs whenever a report is made against someone. This matters because I find it very irresponsible for someone to log a warning against a player without reading the logs (if anyone had read the logs, I never said anything remotely offensive; if anything, he was taunting me after losing.)

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
You just get the message when you get reported. Even if it is false.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
When you get the message it says that you have been reported not warned, muted or banned in any way. I have been reported five times but the first time i got reported it was an actual reportable offense and i changed and monitored my language from then on and reported people who made the goof ups that i did. Kingsisle is a very good company in terms of reporting people

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
The warning you got simply tells you that you were reported. Personally, I like that KI is telling us when we are reported so we can immediately know this action has been taken against our behavior in the game. It allows me to email KI and respond to the report.

I have been reported numerous times for the following: NOTHING, SHOPPING, and once for KICKING OGDEN PEAKS for taking my tea set (I really wanted to keep that tea set after all that work lol). All of these are non-reportable offenses and the reporting parties were reminded of what constitutes a reportable offense.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
The answer you seek is readily available in the FAQ sections of the site and message boards.

What happens when I get reported?
When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

What is Reportable?
We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

What is not Reportable?
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

You are awesome Zeke (KI I know it's you but thanks for responding to the Wizard 101'ers requests and questions :D )

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
That is a computer generated message sent to you at the time someone reports. Does not mean you have or have not done anything.