Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends are for Happiness, not Battle!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Most people are using friends just for battle. They don't hang out like a real friend should, just ask for help. Myself, I make friends, and even though they help me a bit, I help them back.
So I am just saying if you want to have a friend just for them helping, I find it a bit rude. Unless they want to of course.

Igloogirl3

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
Igloogirl3 I completly agree with you I've had my share of friends where they called me for help constantly but never helped me say I called for help some right out said no most did not answer I've even had a friend who called for help for no reason!

But I've also had my fair share (8 people not alot I know)who actually help me 3 of them apprentice 5 of them around my level that I help and talk with.So if you are looking for a good friend add me!

Fiona FairyBreath
Level 28 Fire
MasterMind!
:) :-) :D 8) 8) 8) 8) :-) :) 8)

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Most people are using friends just for battle. They don't hang out like a real friend should, just ask for help. Myself, I make friends, and even though they help me a bit, I help them back.
So I am just saying if you want to have a friend just for them helping, I find it a bit rude. Unless they want to of course.

Igloogirl3
well i did this with my friends but i usually return the favor by helping them to but then they hit legendary so they don't come on that much any more

Joseph Thunderblade Level 60 Legendary Storm Diviner
Joseph Fireflame Level 42 Master Fire Pyromancer
Joseph Legendblood Level 6 Apprentice Myth Conjurer

my friends were scarlet frostblood and lail wrymbloom

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
You honaestly have no idea how many times I have thought this, I recwntly had a friend that would just port to me right when I went online and run around, which isn't good for the ppl of dragonspyre cuz my "friend" was adept and unfortunat for me when I was gardneing or just running around in my house (I really like my to watch me fly around on wings :P ) then I turn around and they are there, also both the same friend and another friend kept asking me to take them into a dragonspyre dungeon so they could level up! Hello! I a person not a tool! Sorry if I may have gotten a little off topic, I do that a lot...

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
As you can see by my post, I started playing back in may of '09. Within that time, I met many different types of people--some young, and some like me, an adult. I have learned that not all adults are courteous, and not all kids are rude. In fact, one of the younger people i have befriended has been on my list since July of '09. I have at least 10 people on my list that i have known on game for over a year. Many times they have asked me for help, and I have gladly given it, but then I know they will gladly give me help.

The people on my friends list who constantly beg for help, and never want to help in return quickly or become troublesome earn a spot on my ignore list and a tombstone is put in my graveyard in their honor. Sadly, I have a very large 'graveyard'.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 life

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Igloogirl3

I have to agree with what you are saying. However, in my experiences, sometimes this creates hefty drama issues :D

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
i dont consider them real friends. there like work partners to me.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
There are different levels of friendships here - and you just gotta know who is what.

I have a handful of really good friends - that even if you are not questing or battling together, you say hi and chat. And if we need help from each other, we do - you can count on them.

Then there are some that genuinely need help - and my legendary is always busy with this - making her rounds. Which can make it difficult for her to do her own agenda - whether it's pets, collecting reagents for my other wizards, or finishing Grizzle. Sometimes I've just signed on and I've had 5 requests for help already. And I don't mind helping - the difficulty is that there is only 1 me.

I remember being a younger wizard and was friended by a couple legendaries. I was a little intimidated by their level and only asked for help when I REALLY REALLY needed it. They were always nice to help and I even had one give me a lesson on how to use monstrous - lol. So I want to "return" the favor and help or mentor younger wizard friends.

The users, as I call them, are the ones that ask to be taken to a world they have no access to yet. Or when they call for help - they just say PORT, not even "Can you plz help me." And when you finish helping them - not even a TY... These do not last long on my friends list.

We all have a common goal obviously, and you meet different people as you progress in the game. It's nice when we can help each other out. If you make good friends a long the way... it's a great bonus! :) :) :)

Hey to all my wizard buds! :P

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 45 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 37 myth
Lenora DrakeMancer lvl 19 fire
Nora SeaStone lvl 9 storm

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
fairy9111 wrote:
Igloogirl3 I completly agree with you I've had my share of friends where they called me for help constantly but never helped me say I called for help some right out said no most did not answer I've even had a friend who called for help for no reason!

But I've also had my fair share (8 people not alot I know)who actually help me 3 of them apprentice 5 of them around my level that I help and talk with.So if you are looking for a good friend add me!

Fiona FairyBreath
Level 28 Fire
MasterMind!
:) :-) :D 8) 8) 8) 8) :-) :) 8)

Haha! I would simply love to add you as a friend. However one of my friends, Jasmine Sparkleflower, is a little quick with the delete key ;D. She deleted my at least six or so times. Yesterday I added her back, only to come back on and find my seld deleted.
Not a really true friend.
Jordan Stormrider Lvl 60 Diviner
Jordan Deathhunter Lvl 50 Necromancer

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
friends you know irl are for happiness, not the ones in the game

Historian
May 28, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Igloogirl3

Well, I use friends to help me and I help back, and I invite them to my castle party, and they invite me to theirs, we have fun together.......

Here is how to get friends: Join a battle, chat with the person, ask to be friends, and you might be! Another way is throut a party you hold and you invited all your friends, your friend might invite thiers, and they will meet you or your friend show you to them and you might be friend with them.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
I'm a 41 year old man so I find it disconcerting to attempt to make real "friends" on W101. An adult has to be careful when it comes to younglings on the internet.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Igloogirl3
Very wise words. I completely agree, seeing as how i do it with most of my friends too.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
MarcBladebreaker wrote:
I'm a 41 year old man so I find it disconcerting to attempt to make real "friends" on W101. An adult has to be careful when it comes to younglings on the internet.

yup pretty much what i said

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Igloogirl3

I agree with you. Those friends that just text you to help in battle that don't want to help you, you can just delete. I find it really annoying when i'm in pvp or in a battle that those friends keep bugging you.