Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Order of the fang insanity.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
Well this one months subscription will be the only one I make. Wizard city was excellent, but the fang quests were initially sending me via the arrows to doors I could not enter. When I gave up and roamed for a whole day and found other quests I eventually ended up in the place to do the quest. Unlocked the room to defeat keeper of the fang and then had to use rubbing on pillar in room and then nothing. Said quest was finished so left and then it said I had to do it all again as it was a dungeon.

Glitches like this that waste hours of gameplay are not worth investing in, which is such a pity, as wizard city was an excellent introduction to the game, but krokotopia has put me off this game and I won't be pestering the mrs to subscribe for another month.

Such a shame, i was addicted for 3 days.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
There's no glitch. You have to go and fight each of the keepers in order to open the main door. There are clues that tell you as much.

The game isn't always a point-and-click no-brainer. If you gather all of the clues that are available and use a bit of logic, you can figure out what to do. If you're still stuck, there's plenty of help here and on Wizard101 Central, via the search functions.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
azzkika72 wrote:
Well this one months subscription will be the only one I make. Wizard city was excellent, but the fang quests were initially sending me via the arrows to doors I could not enter. When I gave up and roamed for a whole day and found other quests I eventually ended up in the place to do the quest. Unlocked the room to defeat keeper of the fang and then had to use rubbing on pillar in room and then nothing. Said quest was finished so left and then it said I had to do it all again as it was a dungeon.

Glitches like this that waste hours of gameplay are not worth investing in, which is such a pity, as wizard city was an excellent introduction to the game, but krokotopia has put me off this game and I won't be pestering the mrs to subscribe for another month.

I am just really confused by this actually. If you are following the main quest-line, then all the doors should be openable when you get to them, but the non-main quest-line may or may not be open. If you are trying to force the non-main line quest, just relax and you will eventually be able to.

There are three different quests in the Vault of Ice.....the main quest-line, the rubbing (side-quest) and later as a series of quests to fight the big minotaur in the middle of the temple.

The quest itself is fairly easy, so doing it more than once shouldn't be a problem...and something you'll find you have to do many times in the game. Now, you can avoid if you don't do the side quests.

But overall it sounds as if you are confused by the game and trying to play the blame game.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
i have the SAME problem i have the quest tomb of the fang and you have to go inside the vault of ice but theres sigals that let you in dungeons but the sigals dont light up and glow so you cant go in and i have been doing this for MONTHS I NEED HELP TOO

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Wow, I think the real shame is hearing you complain about something that just takes about 20 minutes to complete. 3 yrs playing and thats as far as you've gotten? I really think your one of those free loader who doesn't actually try to play but just rides off everyones work as they do there quests. Good riddance if you and the rest of the non-subscribers quit and left it would free up the chats and keep the game more better with no one asking "can you take me to kroktopia?"

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
azzkika72 wrote:

Well , to do this quest you looked on your map and saw 4 ghosts. One red , the others blue , right? You defeat the blue ones first , and then you defeat the red one. Then the quest is over.

And yes , Dungeon quests can really be a pain.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
It also helps if you can recruit friends to help you with the dungeons. I actually met my best buddy here while I was trying to do one of those blasted dungeons where you have to make note of the tablets and clues and things that light up. To be honest I hate puzzles and I am not that good at them. But once my buddy figured out what the puzzles were actually saying and how to go about getting them, it was smooth sailing. If you think the Ice Vault is bad, wait til you get to the Storm Island! If you really enjoy the game, I wouldn't let something like this deter you. Just recruit friends to help you! :D

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Greglf333 wrote:
Wow, I think the real shame is hearing you complain about something that just takes about 20 minutes to complete. 3 yrs playing and thats as far as you've gotten? I really think your one of those free loader who doesn't actually try to play but just rides off everyones work as they do there quests. Good riddance if you and the rest of the non-subscribers quit and left it would free up the chats and keep the game more better with no one asking "can you take me to kroktopia?"

Time to nip this one in the bud right away. First off the OP said he was addicted for 3 DAYS (not years!) if this isnt bad enough each post shows a date for when they signed up! honestly, dont go Attacking people that are frustrated with something as it only makes it worse. :x

Survivor
Jan 13, 2011
So after reading through this thread and at the risk of getting my head bit off by other players, I don't have an arrow pointing to tell me where to go and I have been running around for two hours trying to figure it out on my own with no success, nothing will let me in except the 2000 point boss in the middle. any advice?

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
To be fair this really is the first place (Aside from Nekhbet) that the quest helper isn't very useful, it leads you to a door that won't open initially the quest arrow doesn't point to the three banshee's inside like one would expect.

Once you are familiar with Vault of Ice it is no problem but for people who don't know or haven't worked it out yet, then yes, it can be quite confusing. I know I was confused on my first attempt.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Hey michee, first check and see that your quest helper is on. Two ways to do that. 1) hit control-T. That's the new way of turning it on and off. If that doesn't work, go to the settings in the backpack (hit esc) and look at your gameplay settings. Make sure it says ON in the quest helper thing. If that doesn't work, check your quest list and see if there might be something you missed. Some quests won't work unless you've done other quests before them. If you're in a dungeon, just go out in a way where they warn you that if you leave like that you'll have to start over. Then just start over. Stinks, I know, but sometimes it's the only way. If you're not in a dungeon and none of this works, then you might need to write Support and see if they can get you back on track.
I honestly don't know anything more that might help you.
(It might also be that you can't go any further until you have defeated the boss in the middle.)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
michee70 wrote:
So after reading through this thread and at the risk of getting my head bit off by other players, I don't have an arrow pointing to tell me where to go and I have been running around for two hours trying to figure it out on my own with no success, nothing will let me in except the 2000 point boss in the middle. any advice?

I think I can help. KI is working on a problem where you cannot see the yellow quest helper arrow on some quests. I got a reply from them after I sent a few e-mails to support@wizard101.com. They said they have a fix for this problem, and it should be out with the next update.

In the meantime, we have to use our maps to get around.

If you are talking about Grumish GreatAxe in the Krokosphinx, sounds like you just got to go across on the boat for the first time. You need to go see the Balance Teacher, Alhazred on that island. (That is one of the quests where the yellow arrow isn't working right.)

Open you quest log to make sure this is where you need to go. In the quest log box, you can click on the "question mark" in the upper left corner and see what you are supposed to do or who you need to see.

Getting back to Alhazred, if you need to see him, when you get off of the boat, you will see Niles the Balance Tree. In front of Niles there is a "ladder" which you must go down to see Alhazred. After you talk to him, that should get you moving along with other quests.

Hope this helps.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
They really should add more quest goals in ther, to make it simpler to know what to do.

Historian
May 01, 2010
wildstrike wrote:
i have the SAME problem i have the quest tomb of the fang and you have to go inside the vault of ice but theres sigals that let you in dungeons but the sigals dont light up and glow so you cant go in and i have been doing this for MONTHS I NEED HELP TOO

are you sure that isnt a side quest? there are 2 sides i can think of.
side quest-1: you get from Zane in the oaisis
side quest-2: you get from shalek the wise(you have to defeat 12 manders before you get the quest to get the soul dust from the three fang banshees)
then there is the story line quest, when you get to unlock it, which one is it?

Scot Soulhammer~legenary pyromancer
fire is passion...if used correctly you can not be defeated

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
I'm having some problems too with this dungeon. I have beat the banshee's and on two of them it said I found the secrets, but on the last one...the one with the 3 flames...I cant seem to get it to do anything. So I finally just gave up. :( I too was enjoying this game so much, but I guess I just dont have the patients to re-do this quest a million times to figure out what it says takes only 20 minutes or so. I worked on it for over 4 hours, and I just never could get anyone to help me, or figure it out. Not to mention my crowns are messed up too!!!! WHAT A SHAME!!!!! This game is "stealing my money"!!! NO THANKS!!!!!
slammer111 wrote:
wildstrike wrote:

are you sure that isnt a side quest? there are 2 sides i can think of.
side quest-1: you get from Zane in the oaisis
side quest-2: you get from shalek the wise(you have to defeat 12 manders before you get the quest to get the soul dust from the three fang banshees)
then there is the story line quest, when you get to unlock it, which one is it?

Scot Soulhammer~legenary pyromancer
fire is passion...if used correctly you can not be defeated

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
So i need help. You see i did a quest i wasent suppose to do in krokotopia because i was helping out my buddy. He went inside the throne room of fire and i telleported to him and i gat in. (side note i wasent up to the quest yet.) So me and him talked to proffesor Winthroph and we did what he told us to do and i gat the experience to . Then he said to meet him in the oasis or someplace that takes me to another island. I thought it was the boat so i went there. Then i couldnt find the proffesor anywhere. I thought it was because i wasent up to the quest yet. So eventually after fighting alot of monsster i get to that quest. So i go here we go again. I went into the chamber (the throne room of fire) and went to where we met him earlier in the map room. Funny thing is he wasent there anymore. And so i figuere since i alredy did his quest then i can go to the oasis and he will meet me there. But his nowhere to be seen. The quest keeps telling me to go meet him at the chamber but when i went he still wasent there. I tryed to loggoff to see if that would fix it but it didnt.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Defender
May 10, 2010
you have to beat the keepers and such to be able to unlock the doors. That is all I know about the vault of ice.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
I have to agree with cologada on this one. Not everything in the game is supposed to be 1+1... Take a chill pill and try again. Defeat the Defenders of the Fang or whatchamacallits and then the door will open. Generally, If there's a boss, you have to kill it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

Remember there are two quests that require Vault of Ice for completion. A main quest and an optional quest. If you completed the optional quests requirements first, then the quest arrow will point you to the Vault of Ice, but without completing the main quest requirements you won't be able to start either quest (it will point you to an unlit dungeon). I'm sure that is the cause of frustration here.

I don't think I can provide the links here, but Wizard101 Central has all the quest links you need. I believe "Return to Shalek/Find the Fang" is the main quest line from Shalek the Wise that has to be satisfied before entrance to Vault to Ice is possible.

Having the optional quest completed first (situation described in this thread) is actually better, since you can complete both quests in one run versus doing the same dungeon twice if you do the main quest first.

Defender
May 10, 2010
The vault of ice is hard. Calm down. It is hard for everyone. Not just you.