Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's up with 3 pips?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
I've noticed that advanced wizards and celestians are now getting 3 pips at the start of a battle. Could someone please tell me how you can get three.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
High level wizards use wands that give +2 pips at start, plus 1 or 2 pips depending on their pip%. High level wizards thus start with a minimum of 3 pips.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
It's in the gear they are wearing.

You can craft some of it I hear ... and others claim to have gotten it in drops.

How'd you like thinking because you are casting first you have an advantage and then getting Stormzilla'd 2-3 times in the first couple of rounds?

LMHO!!!!

And me standing there with a starter deck full of blades, feints, and scarecrows - ... ;)

Celestia is a GREAT place for wizards with <1500 health. They look REAL good swaying there like a bunch of despairagus, brings gardening to the combat dias.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
My master diviner can get three pips at the start if you count power pips (not to mention often four) with my sword-wand (not sure what to call it, is it a sword? Is it a wand? Hmmm :P ) it depends on there wand.

Amber Stormsong master diviner

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
sbs5000 wrote:
I've noticed that advanced wizards and celestians are now getting 3 pips at the start of a battle. Could someone please tell me how you can get three.
that's strange wizards aren't supposed to start with 3 pips in the beginning only the celestians

Defender
May 25, 2009
3 pip wand didnt make it to the live realm, as people could blade, critical, and kill people in pvp in only 1-2 turns. Honestly, I like 2 pip wands better. But thats just my opinion.

Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist

Delver
May 26, 2009
Wait... do you mean one regular pip and one power pip? This would happen as a result of a wand that gives one power pip or one regular pip at the beginning of a battle :-o

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
It's because Death and Life give power pips. So do their rings and anthames (Sorry if misspelled)! In PVP, going against Storm, their able to StormZilla on first round. Life would be able to Regenerate and Death could Skeletal Pirate. Ice however, would start out with maybe 3 or 4.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
That is so cheep! And I tried my lvl 51 against a moon boss in stormriven that could cheat. We NEED those pips.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
It's not fair to have wizards starting out with 2-4 pips and NPCs starting out with 1.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
oats45 wrote:
It's not fair to have wizards starting out with 2-4 pips and NPCs starting out with 1.

They you obviously have not been to the higher level worlds.