Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting: Can't use self-made Evil Snowman?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
I have a recipe which requires a lot of Evil Snowman cards. Since I'm an Ice wizard, I decided to make the cards myself. However, the recipe/crafting station are not recognizing that I have them. I've made sure they're in my trading card inventory. When that didn't work, I tried equipping them in my deck, but that didn't work either.

I'm sure that I've read in multiple places about other players making their own treasure cards for recipes. Will it only work if I actually craft the cards or buy them? Ugh.

Thanks,

Elo

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
elorajules wrote:
I have a recipe which requires a lot of Evil Snowman cards. Since I'm an Ice wizard, I decided to make the cards myself. However, the recipe/crafting station are not recognizing that I have them. I've made sure they're in my trading card inventory. When that didn't work, I tried equipping them in my deck, but that didn't work either.

I'm sure that I've read in multiple places about other players making their own treasure cards for recipes. Will it only work if I actually craft the cards or buy them? Ugh. Thanks, Elo

As you didn't craft the cards, but used a treasure card effect, they cannot be used to craft, nor can they be sold. They should fill into your personal treasure card side slots though.

Yes, for crafting, they must be crafting or bought from the typical sources.

Hero
May 27, 2009
You cannot "make" treasure cards for use in crafting by enchanting them with Tough or Keen Eyes. This has been stated many times in the Crafting Forums.

You have to "make" the cards with the crafting recipes that you get from Kelvin the Ice Tree. Evil Snowman will require some Snow Serpents. You may or may not be able to find them for sale at the Bazaar.

Once you adjust, I'm sure it will become easier. Just remember that enchanted Treasure Cards are for Battle ONLY.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
Thanks, MikeStrath!

This has been stated many times in the Crafting Forums.

I appreciate your reply, Willowdreamer, but please try to remember that not all wizards spend a lot of time on the forums. I rarely visit the crafting sub-forum, and have never seen any of the many previous statements of this fact.

Elo