Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

shield against balance!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
I am sick and tired of going into pvp and getting hit with judgement everytime from a balance guy. I play a life guy and since I bought all my crowns back so i can get celestia spells i dont have any protection against balance. nobody has protection against balance attacks except ice with their tower shield. cant sabrina greenstar (i think thats her name) in the fairgrounds let us use a training point to get a balance shield?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
caleb3118 wrote:
I am sick and tired of going into pvp and getting hit with judgement everytime from a balance guy. I play a life guy and since I bought all my crowns back so i can get celestia spells i dont have any protection against balance. nobody has protection against balance attacks except ice with their tower shield. cant sabrina greenstar (i think thats her name) in the fairgrounds let us use a training point to get a balance shield?

If you really stop and consider the in game disaster this would cause....think of those of balance school, with their weak boosts compared to, say life, and the fact that they are sensitive to even wand spells outside your school and how it would affect the one school so drastically. Remember, the PvP addition, just like the crafting, pets, and gardening, are 'add-ons' to the real game and not everyone does them (or does them when they get tired of real life...err...real play.)

Why not just buy the shield from ice?

By the way, this should have been posted in the PvP section.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2008
I agree because it is an advantage to balance people! Also against Balance enemies all you have to defend yourself is Towershield!

Devin Goldenblade level 59 Ice

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Youn can't block something that comes from every school. It comes from Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life, and Death. Some of these are opposites! It doesn't actually make sense to have one shield with those opposites combined. Having no shields makes Balance unique.

However, you do realize that Balance has a few weak attacks, making beginner Balance wizards a terrible one. If there would be a shield for Balance, then Balance would be the weakest school out of all of them. None should overpower, and none should be weak.

~Justin Hawkhammer, Level 24 Sorcerer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
First, this should've been posted in the PvP section with all the other whiners. Second, hmm....no. Us Sorcerers have a hard enough time fighting Balance monsters because we have no Prism; now you want them to use Balance shields (I know this isn't what you're talking about, but this is an indirect consequence of your request) just so you can stop getting defeated in PvP? I know I'm not the one to say this, but that's the most selfish thing I've ever heard. I know this is a crazy idea, but maybe you could buy a couple of Tower Shield treasure cards to use the next time you're in PvP. Better yet, maybe you can develop a strategy so that you don't get killed by Judgment. Even better than that, maybe you can just not play PvP!

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Sorry. I have to say "NO" to Balance Shields. Today anyway.

It is not unfair, considering the many under-powered features of this school, for there to be no shield specifically for their weakly trapped and bladed spells.

If you truly believe Balance has an unfair advantage in PVP, then by all means .... create a Balance wizard for your PVP activities. When 90% of ALL PVP matches are being won by Balance wizards, you have an arguement.

Until then ... you do not.

I do not keep track of PVP statistics. How about it KI? Are 90% of ALL PVP matches being won by Balance Wizards? I'd like to to see a monthly PVP report stating wins and losses by school and level. Does it exist?