Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Players with Pets

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Okay, my friend has reached Corporal on his level14 fire, which is impressive. So I watched a duel and he was fighting a level5 death... with a fatezilla (A fatezilla is a Hydra+Stormzilla mix). He shielded himself loads and then used stormzilla. I think this is unfair. My friend JUST survived but then was killed with a ghoul.

This happened again with a Novice and orthrus, except my friend won.

I think the level48 pets and Hybrids should have a 40+ level cap, because too many people are giving their novices their pets and being unfair in PvP.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
Are you seriously out of your mind?

In my honest opinion, those (referring to novice wizards and so on) who have the level 48 pets or hybrids are not being unfair in any way. So, the person decided to give their new wizard their pet from one of their high level wizards, so what? Pets are meant for everyone to use whether in pvp or anywhere else in the spiral.
Saying that using a level 48 pet or hybrid is unfair, is like saying that using treasure cards is unfair because those certain spells can only be used by wizards who obtained them from their school at whatever level they are received at. Using these pets that have cards attached to them is, in a sense, like using a treasure card. The only difference is that it doesn't disappear from your deck after it's used.
To be honest, there is no way pvp can be unfair. It's all based on strategy.

Megan Silvertail, Legendary Sorcerer
Megan Greentail, Adept Theurgist

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
redninja91 wrote:

In my honest opinion, those (referring to novice wizards and so on) who have the level 48 pets or hybrids are not being unfair in any way. So, the person decided to give their new wizard their pet from one of their high level wizards, so what? Pets are meant for everyone to use whether in pvp or anywhere else in the spiral.
Saying that using a level 48 pet or hybrid is unfair, is like saying that using treasure cards is unfair because those certain spells can only be used by wizards who obtained them from their school at whatever level they are received at. Using these pets that have cards attached to them is, in a sense, like using a treasure card. The only difference is that it doesn't disappear from your deck after it's used.

Part of that is true.
But also people are cheating in strategy. They polymorph which is against their school (mostly).

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Okay, my friend has reached Corporal on his level14 fire, which is impressive. So I watched a duel and he was fighting a level5 death... with a fatezilla (A fatezilla is a Hydra+Stormzilla mix). He shielded himself loads and then used stormzilla. I think this is unfair. My friend JUST survived but then was killed with a ghoul.

This happened again with a Novice and orthrus, except my friend won.

I think the level48 pets and Hybrids should have a 40+ level cap, because too many people are giving their novices their pets and being unfair in PvP.

ya i could not say it any better i have a balance level 31 and i am so mad at people that have that orthus and make a new myth just so that they can wipe REAL PLAYERS OUT WITH ONE SHOT i think there should be a cap
something needs to be done.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
redninja91 wrote:

Part of that is true.
But also people are cheating in strategy. They polymorph which is against their school (mostly).

But polymorphing isn't cheating. Treasure card or the actual card itself, it is a spell none the less. So like every other spell, it can be used whether in pvp or battle. There is absolutely no way someone can cheat with it.
And using it over and over again is not cheating.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
no it shouldnt cause the person earned enough gold to hatch or maybe bought crowns to get enough gold so it could get KI in legal trouble

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Who cares? They earned the pet so they should be able to use it! And u should use it to

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
The problem with this is that the flamezilla gift card pet with four pip attack card would give low level fire the advantage. I suggest your friend do the same thing as his opponent, take the time to get to pvp 50, hatch then pass the pet to his low level. It sounds like his opponent prepared for the fight better that he did. Try to learn from your defeats.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
anyone who take the time and money to hatch a good pet and level it up should be able to use it anywhere,even if it is a level48 pet hand me down they paid for it not you !
so quit crying about someone who spent money to level a pet and pass it down, or took the time and money to hatch and level a pet that is good.

and if you don't like it I dont care,just more cry baby PvPers who cant win a match.

Michael RedBlood death lev.60

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Eh, if you're in 1v1, and the opponent summons a high level pet minion, then the match is suddenly 2v1. That's not exactly fair, is it?