Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm minion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
i was wondering if you could do anything to improve the storm minion to make It more helpful my sister who also plays has this spell and plays frequently and says the water elemental minion is no help because it only puts protective sheilds on itself and heals itself for no reason and the only offensive spell is taunt and it does nothing to help could you please do something to improve this

thank you,

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
The storm minion is used to draw attention FROM you while you attack. It heals itself overtime or does shields usually, and then uses taunt. Taunt will make the enemies attack the minion instead of you which is why the minion usually heals and shields itself and not you. On occasions though, it will heal you if you are in the battle long enough to witness it.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
I love my Storm minion. It draws fire from me to it with Taunt and it heals me. It heals/shields itself so it can continue to Taunt the bad guys longer. My guy has kept me alive more than once and helped me win some battles.

Megan

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Ralphied200 wrote:
The storm minion is used to draw attention FROM you while you attack. It heals itself overtime or does shields usually, and then uses taunt. Taunt will make the enemies attack the minion instead of you which is why the minion usually heals and shields itself and not you. On occasions though, it will heal you if you are in the battle long enough to witness it.

I agree with this, though i do still think it could have improvements. The way i see it, it should use taunt around when first summoned, then start attacking and put out a shield or heal itself every now and again.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
I don't know in what universe this guy is supposed to be less selfish with his heal spells. Mine has let me die plenty of times while casting 3 sprites on himself before he has even used the taunt spell and taken any damage. I am constantly telling him he is useless. LOL

At least he only used to cast the undertaker when he had taken some damage but not the sprite. He uses it all the time and never takes any damage because he hardly ever casts taunt anymore because he is too busy healing himself when it is not needed. If I didn't have life magic as my second school I would die for sure because most of the time he is no help at all. At least when he would cast taunt a lot I had a chance to heal up and build up some pips to do some damage while he had them distracted but that doesn't really happen much any more.

They definitely need to go back to the drawing board on this one.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I can't say as I like the storm minion. I used him a couple times - once in the Tomb of the Beguiler when I was lower level and trying to solo it.

Based on what everyone has posted - he did taunt, he did heal himself quite frequently, and healed me once. The problem was, I was still getting hit even if he taunted. So the only reason I would have him on my deck is to sacrifice him... I almost never use this minion.

The best one I think is Mandy the mander on my balance. He's the best... he doesn't heal, but he will shield, blade, give pips, and attack. :-)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
To Start with, there is another post already regarding the storm minion (water elemental). The post is "Water Elemental would be cool.....but..."

That post is about the same things being posted here.

I agree completely with most of you that this minion needs to be changed to be more helpful. My storm wizard has died more times when using that minion than she does without it. It is a waste of pips to see it Taunt, shield self and heal self, and my wizard takes all the hits. I don't know how some of the players can defend this minion. If their minion is keeping them from taking the hits, why doesn't it work for the rest of us. We are still dying and not getting shields or heals from storm minion.

The only other thing I have going for this wizard which I may change, not sure yet, is that I have death as secondary on her. Looking at changing to life as secondary.

I know storm, even though weak in health, has some very strong spells, but I do a lot of solo sometimes when my team mates are all at work and without a good HELPFUL minion, it is not so easy to do. Takes longer to finish a battle.

Right now I may just use her to train pets IF, I even continue to do that.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
The storm minion's job is NOT to heal you or your friends. His job is to taunt and get the enemies hitting him, instead of you or you friends.

In order to survive being attacked in your place, he shields and gets sprite running so it can be healing him while he's being pounded on. Then he'll taunt. After that, he'll mostly keep shielding himself and casting more sprites so he can keep taunting.

However once in a while he will cast a sprite on you or your friends, cast shields on you or your friends or cast a trap on an enemy.

But that isn't his job.

If you use him correctly, he is THE MOST powerful, useful minion in the game.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
I made a thread avout this either, and I still agree with ya, cause even if he is used to draw attention form you, he doesnt >.< -.-"

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
The storm minion's job is NOT to heal you or your friends. His job is to taunt and get the enemies hitting him, instead of you or you friends.

In order to survive being attacked in your place, he shields and gets sprite running so it can be healing him while he's being pounded on. Then he'll taunt. After that, he'll mostly keep shielding himself and casting more sprites so he can keep taunting.

However once in a while he will cast a sprite on you or your friends, cast shields on you or your friends or cast a trap on an enemy.

But that isn't his job.

The POINT is Crystalwizard12345, the minion is NOT working for many of us. Why use a minion that IS NOT taking the hits and your wizard dies everytime you use it. My wizard has died everytime I have used the minion.

I would just like to have one that at least does some damage. Every time mine used taunt, guess who got hit. NOT my minion. And Taunt is the most annoying spell I have seen in this game.

So as DavidMark46 said. "He does NOT draw attention away from us".

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

Absolutely agree. If used correctly. When using my storm minion, I become the rogue/assassin. I make sure I only attack IF I can defeat in one shot. Attacking in tandem with the storm minion is not helpful nor is a spell like Tempest (unless it is guaranteed to one shot). I keep multiple storm minions in my deck since if my minion is about to bite the dust, I sacrifice for pips. Guaranteed to have enough to call out another minion. A general session:

Shield myself
Call Minion
Charm
Trap
Destroy

Rinse and repeat. Sometimes I will throw in a Buff Minion spell (Myth spell) for 0 pips that not only helps keep the storm minion alive, but builds pips for damage.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:

The POINT is Crystalwizard12345, the minion is NOT working for many of us. Why use a minion that IS NOT taking the hits and your wizard dies everytime you use it. My wizard has died everytime I have used the minion.

Then you're using him wrong. It takes him several rounds to get going, he won't taunt on the first round, ever. To use him right, get him in play the VERY FIRST ROUND and then keep yourself alive by healing and shielding, not attacking until he starts taunting. If you went first the round he taunts, don't expect the enemy to switch focus until the next round.

Also, don't expect taunt to work on BOSSES. It doesn't. Just like stun doesn't work on bosses.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:

Then you're using him wrong. It takes him several rounds to get going, he won't taunt on the first round, ever. To use him right, get him in play the VERY FIRST ROUND and then keep yourself alive by healing and shielding, not attacking until he starts taunting. If you went first the round he taunts, don't expect the enemy to switch focus until the next round.

Also, don't expect taunt to work on BOSSES. It doesn't. Just like stun doesn't work on bosses.

I have done that and it still doesn't work. I have been playing this game since February of 2009. This is one of the worst minions I have ever seen.

You still are not getting the point Crystalwizard12345. Maybe the minion worked for you but as you can see it is not working for many of us. If your wizard dies everytime you use a minion, you would be making that same point along with everyone else.

My fire minion rarely shields me or gives me a sprite, but he does have attack spells that do help and he does draw some of the attention away from my fire wizard so that she can get shielded and bladed.

Storm Minion is not drawing away from my storm wizard. WHEN HE TAUNTS, MY WIZARD GETS HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough already.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
Everyone knows out of all the minions storm minion is the weakest on spells. Please fix it. They are no longer balanced with the other minions. They dont help worth anything. They dont attack anymore and cast ridiculious taunt more often than they should. They should at least cast storm elf to help us out. Most other minions even have advanced attacks like the fire minion when they cast 45% smoke screen and some casting 75% shields. Even better make choice of minions like death for everyone so we can pick which is best.

Thanks!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
rmperrez wrote:
Everyone knows out of all the minions storm minion is the weakest on spells. Please fix it. They are no longer balanced with the other minions. They dont help worth anything. They dont attack anymore and cast ridiculious taunt more often than they should. They should at least cast storm elf to help us out. Most other minions even have advanced attacks like the fire minion when they cast 45% smoke screen and some casting 75% shields. Even better make choice of minions like death for everyone so we can pick which is best.

Thanks!

BINGO!!!!!!!!! You are quite correct.

My storm wizard is in Marleybone and has been for months. She is not running. The few friends that I have on that wizard rarely are on at the same time I am so, she doesn't run. There is no point in loading a minion that is so useless. I agree that fire minion is much better. I used my fire minion a lot when friends were not on at the same time. But not storm minion.

As to making storm minion like the death minion, I am not sure that is a good idea either. I have that minion as well and never go over 5 or 6 pips at the most. I don't need or want doom and gloom cast by a minion. I don't even use it myself on my death wizard.