Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a polite request

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
I'm almost a grandmaster gardener. I have 14 plants spread around my property and I absolutely cannot tend them all with the 70 energy points, nor with the 86 energy points when I use a beastmaster set.

The biggest problem are the pests, since my plants are spread out to be an enhancement to the whole property, 3 of my plants becoming pested wipes out my energy. And that happens almost every day.

I noticed that you have a pest prevention spell that we can train, but that's only for level 1 pests. And I suspect the range of the spell wouldn't be adequate to my needs anyways

Treasure cards are not practical for a daily basis and again the range is too limited.

Right now I am using crowns to replace my energy and keep my garden alive, but I won't continue doing that much longer.

Please! Expand the range of the pest elimination and prevention and provide us with prevention spells against the higher level pests.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Well, that isn't actually KingsIsle's problem, who is the person that planted 14 plants around the house without thinking about how hard it would be?
Not being rude or anything.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
I didn't say it was their problem. I'm asking them to help me with my problem :D

I don't think that's unreasonable. I'm a subscriber and one of their clients. I won't be the only one with this problem.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Well, then I reccomend using lower rank pets. The higher the rank the harder!

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I agree, as a Grandmaster Gardener myself I would appreciate KI to make spells have a broader range, not just the ALL PLANTS crown spells. Yes it was my choice to make a larger garden and yes I have capped Gardening XP, but it would be greatly appreciated and useful to have global plants spells as learnable spell instead of crowns only. Also even using maximum energy and spells to their largest range it is ineffective and wasteful energy wise to be limited to 70 when one spell can easily take 25 away. Please augment the gardening system to accommodate for large gardening. I am sitting on several harvested or dropped crown seeds that I don't want to waste giving limitations of energy and spells.

I am fully aware that gardening like crafting and pets is entirely optional, but throw us a useful bone to be able to fully utilize the options given not just half measures.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
where do I learn these all plant spells? Although I'd hate losing my pixies, Its better that using crowns to refill my energy so often.

I'd like to see if these would take care of my problem.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
MelodyShade wrote:
where do I learn these all plant spells? Although I'd hate losing my pixies, Its better that using crowns to refill my energy so often.

I'd like to see if these would take care of my problem.

You train plant spells from the four plant vendors (WC, Krok, MS & CL).

By the way, pixies are not affected by the pest spells.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
I would like to be able to use ALL available plant spaces to decorate my homes with living, animated objects and would be willing to sacrifice a large part of the very generous, btw, harvest yields to get it, IF game balancing became an issue of concern.

I am not willing to TRIPLE the price of an annual subscription for the priviledge, a conservative estimate of how much it would cost to replenish the energy needed for this garden under current circumstances, but I WOULD consider a $20-$30 one-time fee for a special "Gardening Wand" that either replenished my gardening energy or replaced the pet bulb altogether.

I would also be intensely interested in hearing more about the consequences of using the recommended lower rank pets in the garden and more details as to why previous encounters with the lower ranked enlisted were so ... dissatisfying.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Well, that isn't REALLY KingsIsle's problem, who is the person that planted 14 plants around the house without thinking about the consiquences?

They were only asking for advice or more energy, your post seemed kinda rude to me......

Amber Stormsong level 43 master diviner in necropolis

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
cameron225 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Well, that isn't REALLY KingsIsle's problem, who is the person that planted 14 plants around the house without thinking about the consiquences?

They were only asking for advice or more energy, your post seemed kinda rude to me......

Amber Stormsong level 43 master diviner in necropolis

I didnt mean to be rude, just asking.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
Krailzec wrote:
I agree, as a Grandmaster Gardener myself I would appreciate KI to make spells have a broader range, not just the ALL PLANTS crown spells.

Where do I find these ALL PLANTS crowns spells?

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Melody, there are some gardening packs in the Crown Shop. I have not tried them. So far, everything I needed was available for Gold at the gardening vendors in Golem Court, Krokotopia Oasis, Jade Palace, and Celestia Dig Site.